• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/31/2004 at 7:41 PM, Kay said:

LCPGUY said:
And yes, from what I said earlier, I would couple getting closer to the Lord, and, without sounding trite, they should maybe try getting more B-12, B-6 and Folic Acid. Can

There are many medical professionals for the last hundred twenty years who have tested and treated people instead of not testing them and just treating symptoms.   The results are considered impossible or miraculous today,  but still happen every time someone does what is right.

On 7/31/2004 at 7:32 PM, Guest LCPGUY said:

Great Topic Kay :wub:

As far as the chemical side of depression is concerned, I have recently seen where doctors are getting some amazing results with just increasing a persons intake of B-12, B-6 and Folic Acid. They report that in many cases the patient can be taken off the Rx type anti-depressants.   ... ... ...

On 7/31/2004 at 9:53 PM, Kay said:

Why don't we start in this thread a positive scripture posting.

one each day for everyone to read and be lifted up

LOVE YA

Kay

On 7/31/2004 at 8:21 PM, Kay said:

Ray

You are more than welcome. Do try B12 shots, along with B Complexes. I see so many posts regarding depression on the boards and I received encouragment from a friend and the Lord laid it on my heart.

Cant ignore DAD :huh:

Love

Kay

On 7/31/2004 at 8:17 PM, ray said:

Thanks Kay this the first time I have seen suggetions on what to make ones depression better. I have been dealing with depresion and just did not know what to dco because I was down and out, but now I have some activities to try. I hope they work. If anyone else has more ideas or resouces about depression I would like to know about them.

Thanks bunches

ray :suspect: :wub:

Some things today that are popular were unheard of in Bible times,  and were still 'rare' or uncommon 200 years ago ...  the deception has been growing rapidly since 1902,  and exponentially since about 1980 as the enemy gains more and more power over the people everywhere, practically....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/31/2004 at 5:49 PM, Kay said:

Being a Christian does not make us exempt from troubles and depression. Let

Proverbs 12:25 (NKJV)
25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.

The NKJV says it best. IMHO

These anxieties come from over expectation & disappointment, not trusting God enough / keeping our focus on the big (eternal) picture... and not being content.

The Apostle Paul the tent maker makes a good point about being content .

In all things I have learned to be content...

I can abase

I can abound...

Even when God told Paul NO he would not heal him of the messenger of satan (possibly an eye ailment)...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

Depression is throughout the Bible. King David was depressed many times, even his bones ached, "When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long." (Psalm 32:3). The Prophet Jeremiah felt such depression he wished he had never been born, "My mother, I wish I had never been born! The whole land opposes me. They fight against me. I haven’t made loans to anyone. And I haven’t borrowed anything. But everyone curses me anyway." (Jeremiah 15:10). The Apostle Paul describes a dark moment, "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself," (2 Corinthians 1:8), and "At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them." (2 Timothy 4:18). I am sure Paul was depressed in jail and that not one brother or sister came to his trial. Our Lord Jesus is said to have endured everything we have without sinning, "This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin." (Hebrews 4:15). One could argue Jesus experienced the throes of depression descending at Gethsemane, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42). Some may say Jesus' Gethsemane couldn't be depression related, it is terror and spiritual warfare, but I argue depression was felt somewhere in there.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Look up "continually full of joy" in the New Testament, 

and in Foxes Book of Martyrs,

and in the testimonies of Corrie ten Boom in, during, thru, and after the holocaust.

The kingdom of YHWH (Heaven) (Today),  is not meat or drink,

but (IS) (Today) Righteousness, Peace and Joy......  

Why does YHWH allow illness, sickness, oppression, persecution, and tribulation today (or anytime?) ?

He Does.  

Why does YHWH freely offer salvation, righteousness, peace and joy to the overcomers ?

He Does.