nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Actually, we don't need to travel into the future. Just read the book of Revelation to see how this story ends. :cool:

:whistling:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Actually, we don't need to travel into the future. Just read the book of Revelation to see how this story ends. ;)

:cool:

I have actually had a suspicion for a while that Wyguy is circa 1400....... :whistling:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Actually, we don't need to travel into the future. Just read the book of Revelation to see how this story ends. ;)

;)

I have actually had a suspicion for a while that Wyguy is circa 1400....... :cool:

I will SO burn you at the stake for that! :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:thumbsup: That response was clever!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Actually, we don't need to travel into the future. Just read the book of Revelation to see how this story ends. :dance:

well WE know that but some people would still want to go see how they turned out without thinking it through ...I mean you wouldnt know how you turned out cos you wouldnt have been there to turn out .. :whistling::thumbsup:

Ok so if you went to the future then you would change what the future would have been if you hadnt gone ....

You couldnt have any children that you may or may not have had if you had stayed in your own time.....any way that you were supposed to interact with people wouldnt happen ( how many may or may not have been saved either spiritualy or physically if you had been here ???)

Even the fact that you wouldnt be eating food that you would now eat could affect the future :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::dance:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ... no wonder the world is so messed up ..it is all wyguys fault :emot-hug:

Me--> Of course, what is not mentioned in the article is the probability of building a spaceship capable of traveling the speed of light. As far as our physics has determined, anything larger than a photon traveling at the speed of light would break apart (or disintegrate, or something like that).

What can you say, Nebula? Sometimes you're the windshield (or windscreen), sometimes you're the bug! :whistling:

I'll let Mr H. take that test drive, thanks. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey - I'm not following your train of thought with this.

Technically though, that would not really qualify as time travel. At least, not as we think of it conventionally.

OK, it's not instantaneous, and you would be older, but you would be younger than the age of everyone left behind when you got back (if you traveled round-trip at the speed of light).

Time travel into the future would assme that all human choices, decisions have already been pre-deterimined. It would assume that the future is already set in stone in terms of every action and decision of every person on the planet and that is just impossible.

This is what I am not understanding. I figured the future would have included you having left on this journey. You aren't changing anything, just leaving and coming back.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ... no wonder the world is so messed up ..it is all wyguys fault :emot-hug:

You need a hobby - I suggest whittling. :amen:

....Famed astrophysicist Stephen Hawking believes humans are capable of time travel -- and he's not afraid to let everyone know....

Time Travel Through The Pages Of THE BOOK

Believers Knew

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:1

But It Was Surprising

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

To Hear Hawking Admit It

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Praying That All Men Would See Jesus And Believe

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

In Jesus

Amen!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I am sure so far everyone agrees that if you could " time travel " it would be a one way ticket ...so what is the point :whistling::thumbsup::cool: