• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I was at work the other night, and was coming on 3rd shift, relieving a girl I will call Gloria, who did a tremendous job of cleaning her station and stocking up the kitchen , to the likes that I had never seen before. Normally, the kitchen looks so bad when I come in, I just start running ,trying to get it back in order. But this girl did an amazing job, and I told her "Thank you, Gloria, you did a really nice job today." At which point my supervisor came over and said," You don't need to tell her that. I will let her know when she does a good job." Well, first of all, yes,I did need to tell her, because second, the supervisor never does. Sometimes employess need to hear when they deserve praise, instead of only criticisim all the time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think I've ever crossed a manager with that kind of an attitude...... leaves one kind of speechless

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I don't think I've ever crossed a manager with that kind of an attitude...... leaves one kind of speechless

Indeed it does-we are down in the trenches every day dealing with it,lol.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's sad.

A little encouragement goes a long way.

Praying your manager gets un-Scrooged, so to speak.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

I was at work the other night, and was coming on 3rd shift, relieving a girl I will call Gloria, who did a tremendous job of cleaning her station and stocking up the kitchen , to the likes that I had never seen before. Normally, the kitchen looks so bad when I come in, I just start running ,trying to get it back in order. But this girl did an amazing job, and I told her "Thank you, Gloria, you did a really nice job today." At which point my supervisor came over and said," You don't need to tell her that. I will let her know when she does a good job." Well, first of all, yes,I did need to tell her, because second, the supervisor never does. Sometimes employess need to hear when they deserve praise, instead of only criticisim all the time.

Well said

Blessings

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,094
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-hug::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done .... I am the sort of person who will and does complain to the manager of any establishment that doesnt meet expectations ( not in a nasty way but to tell them where they are failing in the hope they will put it right ) BUT I also make a point of speaking to the manager and telling them when I have excellent service even if it is just someone who remains cheerful in trying circumstances..... you would be AMAZED ( I always am ) at how this sort of compilment is taken... it obviously doesnt happen very often as they are always so gratful " to be told . Maybe more of us could take a few moments out of our bust lives to say " thank you " and to let thise in authority know when we recieve good service not just assume " well they are only doing their job " :emot-pray:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This manager sounds like the type that is really full of himself, guarding his little piece of power. You did the right thing in telling this girl that she did a good job and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)