• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I'd like to know is why whoever is in charge of the Baptist denomination hasn't dis-Baptist'ed them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

What I'd like to know is why whoever is in charge of the Baptist denomination hasn't dis-Baptist'ed them.

I don't believe they are part of the Baptist Conference - I think that since the leader's daughter is an attorney, she has probably researched enough to find out that they can use the name 'baptist' and get around being part of the organized Baptist church. I could be wrong - but I don't know of any Christians who happen to belong to the Baptist church who agree with westboro at all.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

We don't have to judge them to know that they are in bondage, and what ever spirit is governing them is abusing their hearts and using them to abuse others. They need to know Jesus, and pray that they might come to know the true peace and joy in His love.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Matthew 7:1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Wicipedia says that they are an independent Baptist Church...... I'm not sure what it would take to call yourself that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:laugh: Thanks Neb, I just learned a cool new word!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I am in agreement that these lost people need prayer that they will realize the distortion of the doctrine they are being taught. Pray for them - but also call attention to the issues that are so diametrically opposed to Christian doctrine. Ignoring them - does not work. Constant rebuke of their sins is something true Christians are called upon to do. They are misleading people and especially little ones who are caught up in this ugly cult. Pray - but tell it like it is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

it claims to be an independent baptist church but i think they are just a big fraud that get their kicks from twisting the scriptures and they intentionally try to upset real Christians... i read on there website that you have to make a reservation almost a year in advance just to attend one church service and even then you have to pay them to go to their "church".

almost anytime i see "independent baptist" i immediately think of heresy.

Guest Butero

it claims to be an independent baptist church but i think they are just a big fraud that get their kicks from twisting the scriptures and they intentionally try to upset real Christians... i read on there website that you have to make a reservation almost a year in advance just to attend one church service and even then you have to pay them to go to their "church".

Wow, I didn't notice that! The last person I heard require a reservation to attend his church was the late Dr. Gene Scott, and he was a heretic. Even he wasn't charging to come to his church, but he did like to beg for money all the time on tv.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the word "Independent" as it applies to churches. For the most part, it doesn't take anything to declare a church as Independent, and the individual church charter members and/ or their Pastors usually vote on including it to their name to show that they do not hold affiliations to other Baptist organizations such as the SBC, et al.

Simply put, it just means that their particular church hierarchy is self contained and does not extend to any other organizations. Instead of say, Catholics or Lutherans, who normally have a chain of command that includes entities outside and above the church itself (such as Pope, Cardinals, etc). Many of these organizations or denominations also will shift their Priests or preachers around between churches.

Independent churches operate differently and usually are self-contained in that regard. Many feel that this is the model of the earliest churches that sprang up under Paul's instruction, hence you will hear some say that Independent Baptists can trace their "lineage" beyond the Catholic church.

Under this model, there can often be a wide variety in church doctrines and operational structures (some have Deacons, others have Deacons and Elders, etc), and from that you can have very different churches from one to another, both of which calling themselves Independent Baptist. Due to this, it's important when visiting and Independent church to request copies of their Statements of Faith and their Constitution. Read them carefully and see if they match up to what God has to say on same subjects in the Bible.

Like anything else, their are good and bad Independent churches, both of which will reveal themselves eventually :)

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Several years ago I happened to be walking in downtown Topeka, Kansas and they were protesting with very vile and suggestive signs. I was not familiar with them, and I started to ask a white haired man that seamed to be their leader what this all meant, (later learned it was Fred himself) and he flew into a bizarre rage calling me a pervert and a homosexual and other very vicious worded attacks. I assured him I was a husband and father, and a Christian, just wondering, but he was off on bizarre tantrum and could not be spoken to.

I seriously considered that perhaps he was mentally challenged, and I don't doubt he was in captivity by the enemy.