MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I heard this on Fox this morning and then saw it on Yahoo News. I have to admit I don't have even an opinion on this one :blink: .....any ideas?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110102/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_dead_birds_arkansas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

could be any number of things. I think I'd want to wait to see if they find the causes of death. Could be anything from high powered radar to UFO's to chemical polition.... it might even be some kind of ultra cold air that killed them.... There is no telling what it was. If it was the UFO's there will most likely be some really ridiculous reason given.:laugh:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

What struck me as most odd was the fact that the calls started coming in a 11:30PM.....birds do not usually fly at night??

Had it not been new years eve I wonder if anyone would have noticed it at that hour???

This is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this, yet the article states similar incidents have happened before.....would be interesting to read the circumstances of those incidents.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Humans do not know as many things even though some claim they do.

Blessings

What struck me as most odd was the fact that the calls started coming in a 11:30PM.....birds do not usually fly at night??

Had it not been new years eve I wonder if anyone would have noticed it at that hour???

This is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this, yet the article states similar incidents have happened before.....would be interesting to read the circumstances of those incidents.

Quite a few species of birds will fly at night. Many migrating birds will fly at night behind or in front of a cold front because the winds help them on their way. We used to pick them up on the base radars at several bases I was stationed on. It's more common than people think because we normally don't see them.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Quite a few species of birds will fly at night. Many migrating birds will fly at night behind or in front of a cold front because the winds help them on their way. We used to pick them up on the base radars at several bases I was stationed on. It's more common than people think because we normally don't see them.

:48: ....L..I...B.....the things ya learn on worthy...thanks pard

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We hear a lot of ducks and geese flying at night here in oklahoma when they are migrating. The article mentioned something about possibilities of lightening or hail, so they may have been along a front as you mention...... It's also possible they could have been sucked up in an updraft thunderstorm and the altitudes it would take them they coule either suffocate from the lack of oxigen, or freeze to death from -30 degrees or colder...... Or one of those awacs planes could have given them a good shot from one of thier 5 megawat radars and just killed the lot of them. I've seen birds killed by landing in front of our microwave dishes at the tv station I worked at and that's not extremely high powered.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I heard this on Fox this morning and then saw it on Yahoo News. I have to admit I don't have even an opinion on this one :blink: .....any ideas?

http://news.yahoo.co..._birds_arkansas

HAIL? Them war bullet holes... Jed, Jethro, Eli May and Granny are still crack shots at their age! :blink: Love Nutty

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I blame Anita and song after they have visited taco bell :taped::taped:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/10/1956

There was a similar incident in England on March 10th last year. Over 100 starlings fell from the sky into one back garden. Most were dead or dying. There was no obvious cause.

I read that it has happened in other countries too .................... definately weird!!