IGNORED

Satan

Thysia

Ok... i know satan is reality and that he is guilty of lots of pain and trash in this world.

But in my opinion it's to easy to blame satan right?

Ok..in my case it is. I mean... i have been searching for God for a long time now... and i kinda think He must exist.

Still, i haven't found Him.

What are your expectations upon finding God?

What do you expect to see or feel?

Here's a thought.........maybe you have found Him, you just aren't able to recognize His voice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Ok... i know satan is reality and that he is guilty of lots of pain and trash in this world.

Ok..in my case it is. I mean... i have been searching for God for a long time now... and i kinda think He must exist.

Here's a thought.........maybe you have found Him, you just aren't able to recognize His voice.

Only His sheep know His voice.

She says she can't find God, but says that she quit reading the Bible. If she doesn't understand the full story of what's in the Bible how can she know God. This site is living proof that one should not rely on people to know what's in the Bible, for there are a thousand different stories.

If she has not read the entire Bible, she should start today, for that's where she'll find Him.

As important as the bible is for our spiritual growth, the heart needs to be conditioned to receive it. Eventhough the bible is the written Word of God, I don't believe He resides there. God searches the heart, not the brain. If God could be found by simply reading the bible, many of the atheists that come through here would be God fearing christians. Knowledge of who God is does not equate to knowing God.

It all starts with the heart. We need to have a genuine desire and a willingness to accept the unknown. We need to be able to put our trust, our faith, into something we can't see or touch. That's where many people fall short. They are unable to take that blind step of faith. I was like that for many years. Deep down I knew, but I didn't know where or how.

God searches the heart because that's where it all begins.

"For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks".

Only His sheep know His voice.

In order to hear His voice you have to be listening.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,320
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

She says she can't find God, but says that she quit reading the Bible. If she doesn't understand the full story of what's in the Bible how can she know God. This site is living proof that one should not rely on people to know what's in the Bible, for there are a thousand different stories.

If she has not read the entire Bible, she should start today, for that's where she'll find Him.

As important as the bible is for our spiritual growth, the heart needs to be conditioned to receive it. Eventhough the bible is the written Word of God, I don't believe He resides there. God searches the heart, not the brain. If God could be found by simply reading the bible, many of the atheists that come through here would be God fearing christians. Knowledge of who God is does not equate to knowing God.

It all starts with the heart. We need to have a genuine desire and a willingness to accept the unknown. We need to be able to put our trust, our faith, into something we can't see or touch. That's where many people fall short. They are unable to take that blind step of faith. I was like that for many years. Deep down I knew, but I didn't know where or how.

God searches the heart because that's where it all begins.

"For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks".

From being a perosn who grew up in churches from birth, I have a different view of that. It wasn't until I started reading on my own that I really understood.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

People say Satan is keeping me away from Him. But how? And isn;t it so that i;m to stupid to not see what others see?

I don't know your story, so I can only share principles.

Firstly, you aren't stupid!

Satan's greatest power is that of deception. He's very, very, very good at it. (May I add a few more "very"'s to that?) He can even make a lie out of the truth!

If you are deceived by him from seeing Jesus, it is not because you are stupid - at least not more than anyone else. I myself am still struggling with lies and deceptions of Satan that are holding me down (how's that, I know I'm believing lies, but can't get myself to stop believing them as they are. :rolleyes: )

That's how good he is at this.

Am i asking to many questions and should i be more open?

No, you are not asking too many questions.

Being more open is up to you, if you want specific questions addressed, and if you are OK with sharing your struggles.

I quit reading the bible and pray for myself... cause it made me depressed

Been there.

and i think God already tried enough.

I think you think wrong. :P

Kinda frustrating being me lol.

That's my line!

Trying to find God at the same time pushing him away.

Yup, been there, too.

More than once.

God must hate me by now... I hope He is as patient as someone posted above. Sometimes wished He wasn;t that patient though and pulled me by my hair.

I'm scared...

:emot-hug: The Father loves you. The Father loves you. The Father loves you!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

God will not force Himself on you.

Jeremiah 29:13 (New King James Version)

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

````````````

Stop giving the same importance to Satan that you do to your search for God.

When a child goes missing the parents life comes to an end and everything ceases to have importance except that child. Food, sleep rest of any sort cease except the child. In much the same way in searching for God thoughts of inadequacy or tiredness of reading the Bible all go by the wayside. We are all inadequate not one of us is worthy only Jesus who gave His life for us, He and He alone is worthy. You said that you wish He would pull you by the hair - He is the consummate gentleman and will not do that He waits for you to come willingly. Just as the verse above states, if you seek Him with all your heart-truly seek Him - He will be found by you.Then when you are His and His alone, will you hear His voice. If you look at 2 flocks of sheep, they listen for their shepherds voice — that is the only voice that they recognize and they follow him otherwise the owner of the sheep would loose his sheep to another owner. The same with us if you search for God truly search for Him He will be found and you will know His voice without a shadow of a doubt. You will know Him and He you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Monkey trap

A trap to capture various monkeys used around the world which consists of a staked container with a hole cut into it just wide enough for a monkey to stick it's empty hand into. The container is baited with something attractive to the monkey. Monkey reaches for bait and then will not release the bait and cannot pull it's hand out of the trap with bait in hand. It is then captured.

Evolutionists will love this one

We are the monkey :)

The bait is what Satan offers us.

Freedom is what God offers us.

If you want to experience the freedom that God offers, you must let go of the bait that Satan offers.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Monkey trap

A trap to capture various monkeys used around the world which consists of a staked container with a hole cut into it just wide enough for a monkey to stick it's empty hand into. The container is baited with something attractive to the monkey. Monkey reaches for bait and then will not release the bait and cannot pull it's hand out of the trap with bait in hand. It is then captured.

Evolutionists will love this one

We are the monkey :)

The bait is what Satan offers us.

Freedom is what God offers us.

If you want to experience the freedom that God offers, you must let go of the bait that Satan offers.

Great post, Gerioke. One of hardest things to do is to let go of the world; it's not possible without God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I have wondered something.... why are so many christians so easy in blaming things on satan?

I mean... for many years i'm trying to find why i need God and why it is i can't reach Him.

Many christians say it's satan who's stopping me from finding Him. But i think, we people have a free will and so i blame myself for not finding Him.

My question: Why always blame satan?

People forget about personal responsiblity and choose to blame it on someone else instead of themselves. God is not lost He is everywhere, from the smallest flower to the skies above us so I find its usually me or us that is not listening. First I think you need to fully believe in God that He is real and there for you always, once you know He is there, pray, pray and pray to Him for guideance. We need to leave behind our preconceived notion of what God is and how we expect Him to act, He does work in ways none of us can comprehend yet He is always going to show Himself in ways each of us can understand so maybe its that you are missing His voice in all of the confusion of trying to find Him. After all it is God who calls us to Him and we are resonsible for heeding it He will never ever force anyone to do anything they are not willing to do.