• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Grace to you,

I have a Biblical question.:wub:

Suppose someone were to say this? (Paraphrasing)

"There is a god who will speak to you, he will prompt your spirit to respond to his. Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him, you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

Is this Biblical? Is this the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

I would be very surprised if someone who truly knows Jesus as Lord and Savior would speak like this - and would be wary of trusting anything that person is saying!

Sounds more like the 'dreamer of dreams' referenced here:

Deut 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Glenn Beck?

Sounds like something he would say.

:noidea:

Bingo!:thumbsup: Give that man a Ceeegar!:wub:

Yep, he said it this morning in the context of following God as opposed to those who cling to collective salvation. He was speaking about a guy who came and saw him and told him he was being obedient to God by coming to Beck even though he didn't want to and asking him for a job even though he honestly didn't want it. However, the man felt like God led him there and asked him to serve Glenn Beck. Beck told the man that he didn't have a job for him but that perhaps God just wanted to see if he would submit himself to God to see if he would do it. Then he talked about the paraphrase I quoted and about how no matter what you call God that you should listen to His voice and follow Him. :blink:

Yet Becks own perspective is skewed by the Mormon Church.:blink:

He doesn't believe that those who follow collective salvation and are advising the President are right. To which I agree wholeheartedly. However, how does he know whether what he is saying is correct when he seemingly doesn't even know that God has revealed Himself through Christ Jesus and His Word? Yes, he professes Christ but I'm wondering what Christ he's actually following when he speaks like this.

What frightens me is that Christians call him all the time and agree with him and even cling to his words as if they are spiritual light.:blink:

What happened to being a Berean?

I haven't listened to him lately but this morning I turned him on and low and behold he said what I paraphrased this morning.:o I turned it off and asked the Lord to reveal Himself to Glenn.:wub:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Grace to you,

"There is a god who will speak to you, he will prompt your spirit to respond to his. Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him, you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

A. Is this Biblical?

B. Is this the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

A. Yes, it is biblical for there will be many false christs and pagan gods.

B. No, there is only one God and only those who are His knows His voice. All else are false gods.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Grace to you,

Is this Biblical? Is this the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

Dave, I can tell you from personal experience and from other acquaintances I had at the time, that if you do not have the Holy Spirit dewlling with you, you can not tell the difference between Satan and God. Even when you do it can sometimes be difficult. That's the reason I believe we need to be very very versed in tthe Word. God will never lead you to anything conflicting with the word. I know of many instances where the devil came to people as a good spirit and seemingly in the light to get ones trust built up and then lead one astray. And if you aren't paying attention can put one in great spiritual danger.

As a believer gets deeper and deeper into the walk with the Holy Spirit they learn the vioce of the Lord..... but we're instructed to always test any spirits as to being good or not.

To answer your question NO it is not Biblical unless your response to that god is to say no go away.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Grace to you,

Peace,

Dave

This is an excellent question. God is Love and if one is moved by love he is moved by God. God and religion are not the same however, and if one's religion conjures another name for God, that does not mean they are referring to the true God even though this man experiences love. The true God sent His Son. If one does not acknowledge the Christ after understanding what the Christ is, who he is, and how and why he was crucified and raised from the dead, then he does not know God, nor does he know how there is love in the heart.

Grace to you,

Peace,

Dave

This is an excellent question. God is Love and if one is moved by love he is moved by God. God and religion are not the same however, and if one's religion conjures another name for God, that does not mean they are referring to the true God even though this man experiences love. The true God sent His Son. If one does not acknowledge the Christ after understanding what the Christ is, who he is, and how and why he was crucified and raised from the dead, then he does not know God, nor does he know how there is love in the heart.

Grace to you,

Peace,

Dave

Would you agree that God is also Just and Righteous? Yes, He is Love but He is so much very more than that.:thumbsup:

Grace to you,

Peace,

Dave

Would you agree that God is also Just and Righteous? Yes, He is Love but He is so much very more than that.:thumbsup:

Let me add a thought to the above. He is Just and Righteous because He is Love.:thumbsup:

name='Matthitjah' timestamp='1300539269' post='1660232']

Let me add a thought to the above. He is Just and Righteous because He is Love.:thumbsup:

I Think you answered pretty much the same way I would have. I see you have posted many posts here. Certainly Love diffuses into all spirits of light even as light diffuses into all colors. I agree Love is simplistic and even misunderstood according to ones nature. Nonetheless I perceived it a term quite applicable to this thread.