ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I've been hearing a lot about this within my own family; my youngest daughter and her husband have left the Presbyterian church because of these issues. For them, it was the only option. They have joined a Southern Baptist church.

Good for them.:emot-highfive: The Word tells us to flee from Babylon, to get up and out from it.:thumbsup:

Re 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

Re 18:5

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

Timely Scriptural reminders, Dave. I am happy they saw that church for what it is. :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

All you have said to date is that you define them, not scripture.

There was no ancient Hebrew or Greek word for homosexual, at least not used in the Bible. So the Bible couldn't define homosexuality. I recognize that most conservatives define homosexuality as those who practice sexual acts with the same sex. I agree that this definition of homosexuality is wrong and sinful.

I, along with the majority of non-Conservatives in the western world, define homosexuality not as practice but rather as an orientation of being attracted to the same sex. I do not see anything wrong with being gay by this definition, as long as one refrains from lusting after (entertaining sexual fantasies of) others, and do not practice same-gendered sex.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

There was no ancient Hebrew or Greek word for homosexual, at least not used in the Bible. So the Bible couldn't define homosexuality. I recognize that most conservatives define homosexuality as those who practice sexual acts with the same sex. I agree that this definition of homosexuality is wrong and sinful.

I, along with the majority of non-Conservatives in the western world, define homosexuality not as practice but rather as an orientation of being attracted to the same sex. I do not see anything wrong with being gay by this definition, as long as one refrains from lusting after (entertaining sexual fantasies of) others, and do not practice same-gendered sex.

You have never answered my question on this topic. Why is there nothing wrong with holding onto desires that are in conflict with God?

When a true Christian realises their desires are different to the Lord's, they get on their knees and beg for a renewed spirit and transformed mind. Never an acceptance of temptation to sin against Him. You must be born again. You must become a new creation. The old is.... DEAD. Not accepted, DEAD!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1987

You have never answered my question on this topic. Why is there nothing wrong with holding onto desires that are in conflict with God?

When a true Christian realises their desires are different to the Lord's, they get on their knees and beg for a renewed spirit and transformed mind. Never an acceptance of temptation to sin against Him. You must be born again. You must become a new creation. The old is.... DEAD. Not accepted, DEAD!

I do not believe an attraction either way is against God. When it is unchecked and allowed to become lusting, then that is when it is in conflict with the Lord. That is the point that I say one should beg for a renewed spirit, that the lusting be removed. I feel the same about gays and straights. A heterosexual who is lusting after women is just as guilty (not more, nor less, guilty) than a homosexual lusting after men.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

NEW YORK

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Again, I give you 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." When we accepted Christ, the old desires die. Some faster then others, but when we seek to be like Him, He changes us through His Spirit in us. We can not remain the same and say we seek His will in our lives. To do the will fo the Father is to allow Him to live in and through us. I speak from experience. He does change us when we surrender to Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

NEW YORK

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I've been hearing a lot about this within my own family; my youngest daughter and her husband have left the Presbyterian church because of these issues. For them, it was the only option. They have joined a Southern Baptist church.

Good for them.:emot-highfive: The Word tells us to flee from Babylon, to get up and out from it.:thumbsup:

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

Timely Scriptural reminders, Dave. I am happy they saw that church for what it is. :)

Before judging the Presbyterians one better look at each and every denomination and then tell me which one is without sin. As far as I can see there is NOT ONE. I do not care if you are Southern Baptist, Northern Baptist , Nazarene, United, Methodist, Pentecostal etc., etc., We are living the last days this is what is prophesied and I say as a PRESBYTERIAN I cannot find one church or denomination that is not going emergent in one way or another.

Even so come Lord Jesus!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Before judging the Presbyterians one better look at each and every denomination and then tell me which one is without sin. As far as I can see there is NOT ONE. I do not care if you are Southern Baptist, Northern Baptist , Nazarene, United, Methodist, Pentecostal etc., etc., We are living the last days this is what is prophesied and I say as a PRESBYTERIAN I cannot find one church or denomination that is not going emergent in one way or another.

Even so come Lord Jesus!!

Bless you sister,

The Word tells us to make a Judgment and to Judge Righteously.:wub:

Joh 7:24

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Peace,

Dave

When a true Christian realizes their desires are different to the Lord's, they get on their knees and beg for a renewed spirit and transformed mind. Never an acceptance of temptation to sin against Him. You must be born again. You must become a new creation. The old is.... DEAD. Not accepted, DEAD!

I do not believe an attraction either way is against God. When it is unchecked and allowed to become lusting, then that is when it is in conflict with the Lord. That is the point that I say one should beg for a renewed spirit, that the lusting be removed. I feel the same about gays and straights. A heterosexual who is lusting after women is just as guilty (not more, nor less, guilty) than a homosexual lusting after men.

What Kind

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Of Punishment Is This?

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:20-28

And Why America?

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

And Why Now?

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:7

Pray For Berry

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Matthew 15:14

And For His Crew Too

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23

For They Know The Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Yet Still They Work Against Him So

In the LORD put I my trust: How say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? Psalms 11:1