nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I take it seriously. Besides it being part of my family, it is in His word that many will turn from the truth and follow false religions (paraphrased). If anything, it should drive us to live the truth and speak the truth without hesitation to those who we meet and will listen.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So you're saying that no one is allowed to make hats and scarves for other people on the first day of winter because some Wiccans worship Mother Nature on that same day? And Christians aren't allowed to thank God for the seasons and the things that come with them that allow us to have food, because pagans are also glad for the seasons?

You don't think that's a bit legalistic?

I don't see where in the Bible it says that I'm not allowed to make hats and scarves on any day of the year that I want and give them away. Maybe we should all go in and edit Proverbs 31 to make sure that everyone knows that a woman shouldn't clothe her family on the first day of winter. And let's make sure that everyone knows to adjust that for time zones. Oh, and it flips over to winter at one particular second, so I guess we need some clarity on whether the whole entire day is taboo or just that particular second. Even though I've never knitted anything in my life, just in case I ever pick up the habit, it'll be important to know which second of the year I'm not allowed to knit anything in. So, if one is knitting a scarf for the homeless person on the corner on the day of the Solstice, what are they supposed to do on the exact second that it flips over to winter? Observe a moment of silence, or what? (And, no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here; I'm genuinely curious.)

To make it as simple as I can, Wicca, the religion, worships the solstices, both of them, and the equinoxes, both of them. They also worship the spirits of the North, South, East and West. They honor Mother Earth in every degree.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So you're saying that no one is allowed to make hats and scarves for other people on the first day of winter because some Wiccans worship Mother Nature on that same day? And Christians aren't allowed to thank God for the seasons and the things that come with them that allow us to have food, because pagans are also glad for the seasons?

:hmmm:

First of all, the solstice isn't about the changing of the seasons, it's about the sun.

"Solstice" is derived from the Latin phrase for "sun stands still."

That's because—after months of growing shorter and lower since the summer solstice—the sun's arc through the sky appears to stabilize, with the sun seeming to rise and set in the same two places for several days. Then the arc begins growing longer and higher in the sky, reaching its peak at the summer solstice.

Labeling it as the first day of winter is the Astronomical Winter. However, the Meteorological Winter begins Dec. 1. ( See here for explanation )

Secondly, my problem is that the honoring of the Winter Solstice (the birth of the sun) is replacing the honoring of the birth of our Savior (Christmas).

Thirdly, I have no problem with thanking God for the seasons. However, I see nothing in the article that indicates a thanking of God. Do you?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You don't think that's a bit legalistic?

I don't see where in the Bible it says that I'm not allowed to make hats and scarves on any day of the year that I want and give them away. Maybe we should all go in and edit Proverbs 31 to make sure that everyone knows that a woman shouldn't clothe her family on the first day of winter. And let's make sure that everyone knows to adjust that for time zones. Oh, and it flips over to winter at one particular second, so I guess we need some clarity on whether the whole entire day is taboo or just that particular second. Even though I've never knitted anything in my life, just in case I ever pick up the habit, it'll be important to know which second of the year I'm not allowed to knit anything in. So, if one is knitting a scarf for the homeless person on the corner on the day of the Solstice, what are they supposed to do on the exact second that it flips over to winter? Observe a moment of silence, or what? (And, no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here; I'm genuinely curious.)

To make it as simple as I can, Wicca, the religion, worships the solstices, both of them, and the equinoxes, both of them. They also worship the spirits of the North, South, East and West. They honor Mother Earth in every degree.

You quoted me. Did you have a question for me?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this sun worship started long long before Jesus was born, and since it's not really Jesus's birthday, in reality this is just going back to what it was origionally..... That's not a good thing, but in my personal view we should be having christmas in September if at all.

I'm surprised that people aren't taking this seriously....

Seriously

And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. Deuteronomy 13:2-4

With Joy And Thanksgiving Seriously Beloved, Seriously

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. Psalms 62:6

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

this sun worship started long long before Jesus was born, and since it's not really Jesus's birthday, in reality this is just going back to what it was origionally..... That's not a good thing, but in my personal view we should be having christmas in September if at all.

You want to celebrate Christmas in September, find I'm all for it, if you can convince the whole Christian Community to do so. Yet I can almost guarantee there is a chance that day will fall on a time of some pagan belief or event.

Today is December 30th, people are sinning today (heck we probably all did in some form or another), is it wrong for me to worship God today because others are sinning?.......................(of course not)

So is it wrong for Christians to celebrate the birth of Jesus and praise him, if by chance December 25th might be celebrated by pagans for something else?......................(again, of course not)

A day is just time, God doesn't really care about time, God only cares about what is in our hearts. On Christmas my heart is in the celebrating of the birth of Jesus Christ, the man who gave it all for our sorry souls.

Anything else we Christians do on Christmas (Family gatherings, Gift giving, Santa Clause or whatever) is just cultural or family traditions to bring more joy to Christmas and has nothing to do with any of us worshiping any Micky Mouse form of paganism.

That is something this world needs more of, "JOY".