IGNORED

Love Yourself?

Someone asked me a couple of days ago about self hatred. What do you do about it if there's a problem in this area?

Curious here, because I've heard several people mention this in different conversations we've had. Its mostly been in relation to self destructive behavior and things of that nature though.

Only advice I have Walla is that they are unsatisfied and need Jesus, their life is in a spiral and need to be reborn in the blood of Jesus Christ. How can one accept the Love or even love others if they cannot even love themselves? If the hatred is shined upon yourself than that is rather your light that is shewn rather than the light and love that is supposed to be displayed.

The folks I was talking about are believers as far as I know. I was in a hurry and missed posting that part. Sorry. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Someone asked me a couple of days ago about self hatred. What do you do about it if there's a problem in this area?

Curious here, because I've heard several people mention this in different conversations we've had. Its mostly been in relation to self destructive behavior and things of that nature though.

Only advice I have Walla is that they are unsatisfied and need Jesus, their life is in a spiral and need to be reborn in the blood of Jesus Christ. How can one accept the Love or even love others if they cannot even love themselves? If the hatred is shined upon yourself than that is rather your light that is shewn rather than the light and love that is supposed to be displayed.

The folks I was talking about are believers as far as I know. I was in a hurry and missed posting that part. Sorry. :)

Well, then that makes things a whole lot more interesting! Could you by chance give a brief description as to what it is they hate? (obviously themselves, lol, but what about themselves? Or is it just in general. They hate themselves to the worlds standards, or what they are/become?)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Curious here, because I've heard several people mention this in different conversations we've had. (They are believers as far as I know.) Its mostly been in relation to self destructive behavior and things of that nature though.

Unfortunately, there are no easy fixes. I'm not sure what you mean by self destructive behavior, but addictions do have a way of pulling you down. It's like being caught in a rip current, and it takes help to get out of it.

Self hatred usually has roots to it - for example having a parent that constantly criticized you. If such is the case, you have to forgive those that tore apart your self-esteem. You also need to fill your mind with words of the Lord's love and His image of you. (It's a battle I still struggle with.) As for changing behavior, one still needs to get to the roots of why they are engaged in the behavior. Usually there is some pain they are trying to cover up (subconsciously).

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

How can you begin to Love others if you don't start from a foundation of Loving yourself? In a completely scriptural way, I mean.

The world has twisted loving oneself to mean pride, arrogance etc, and this is true of a lot of people, and I think in every one of us there is a vestige of this.

However, if we have the Spirit living within us, that is the Love we should feel. For ourselves and others.

It's not about being humble or denying oneself. One can be humble and Love oneself. Matter of fact it is probably a prerequisite.

I agree :emot-nod:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Love yourself, do all you can to learn about and follow after the one who loved you first when you were unlovable Love your neighbor as yourself, lead him to the one who loves him while he is yet unlovable.