~candice~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would recommend a book for him to read. It's title is "Reliance of the Traveller" it is the classic manual of Islamic Sacred Law. The book I have has both English and Arabic side by side much like an interlinear Bible. It has documents from Islamic Scholars from Egypt, Jordan Saudi Arabia and a couple of others attesting to the English translation being valid. It's about 1200 pages long and covers all of the Sharia law.

one should understand what one is getting into before one jumps into the deep end of the pool. You can download this from the web and read it yourself, but make sure you get the full 1200 page edition and not the watered down 350 page edition.

It will set you see both the pretty and the ugly side of Islam.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

It is sad to read about Liam Neeson. I remember him most of all as Oskar Schindler in "Schindler's List". Seems so incongruous to me.

Anyway, I am not sure if he really is that dedicated to convert to Islam. I do have to admit some of the Islamic archtectiture can be very nice to look at from an artistic perspective. I get the sense that he is in another country where it is almost exotic to be in an Islamic area with that forced emphasis of the bells and the prayers daily. He has to realize they do not have the option NOT to participate. It is part of their culture and tradition in a religious sense. He has to realize those things should not be confused with the actual teachings and tenets of the Qu'ran. I do not see any real commitment driving him to convert to Islam.

I remember when Natasha Richardson died. He did seem to be very affected by her death and I think that may be a factor in why he seems to be a seeker. He mentions reading books on God and atheism. He is looking. I pray he looks in the right direction and finds the truth. Islam is not it.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Neeson is one of my favorite actors, I first come to know hin in "GIVE ME WHAT I WANT AND I'LL GO AWAY" or something like that. It is sad the people to attains to some celebrity think that they should attemt to change the world.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

That is sad. I always really liked Liam Neesen. Especially after he did Star Wars episode 1 and was the voice of Aslan on Chronicles of Narnia. It is not really surprising though. It seems like every belief system EXCEPT for Christianity is the voice"IN" thing in Hollywood.

Neeson is one of my favorite actors, I first come to know hin in "GIVE ME WHAT I WANT AND I'LL GO AWAY" or something like that. It is sad the people to attains to some celebrity think that they should attemt to change the world.

That quoted line is from a Stephen King film called Storm Of The Century. Liam Neesen was not in that film.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

being a christian or even at times a jew isnt well like in hollywood. hollywood has tendency to be quite anti-semeitic.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

That quoted line is from a Stephen King film called Storm Of The Century. Liam Neesen was not in that film.

Come on! Senior moment! :21:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Too bad that no one has made Christianity as appealing to the man. There is NO ONE like JESUS, sadly the other will leave him totally empty and burning hot at his mistake in the end.

Come on! Senior moment! :21:

Ok grandpa. Ill forgive you but you won't remember tomorrow. :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

being a christian or even at times a jew isnt well like in hollywood. hollywood has tendency to be quite anti-semeitic.

Even though this was posted in March........

ummm...not really jason......half the actors are Jewish and probaly more than half the producers/directors etc

Even the late Michael Landon was Jewish (changed his name)...you can't go by a Mel Gibson rant :rolleyes:

Dustin Hoffman,..even Lauren Bacall..., Robert Downey Jr, David Duchovny, Sarah Jessica Parker...and on and on and on...and those are just some

of the more famous ones

Thought you'd wanna know ... ;)

Steven Spielberg...Jewish also