• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There's not a "Mormon Jesus", a "Catholic Jesus", a "Pentecostal Jesus", an "adventist Jesus", etc. There's only one Jesus. What differs is our own ideas about him. We may have many different opinions. But there is only one Jesus.

The Jesus revealed in scripture is the real Jesus. anyone who believes anything that differs with Him is believing in some other unreal Jesus. Any group that worships an unreal Jesus is simply substituting a man-made god in His place. It is idolatry...and eternally dangerous. this is why we must measure everything we hear and read against the word of God for truth.

What a person does with Jesus is an indicator of the truth they embrace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The Jesus revealed in scripture is the real Jesus. anyone who believes anything that differs with Him is believing in some other unreal Jesus. Any group that worships an unreal Jesus is simply substituting a man-made god in His place. It is idolatry...and eternally dangerous. this is why we must measure everything we hear and read against the word of God for truth.

What a person does with Jesus is an indicator of the truth they embrace.

:amen:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

This sparked a lively discussion in chat. What do you think is the church's finest hour?

Do you mean based on what she does or what she receives?

I answered it both ways. You can choose to answer one or the other or both ways.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

There's not a "Mormon Jesus", a "Catholic Jesus", a "Pentecostal Jesus", an "adventist Jesus", etc. There's only one Jesus. What differs is our own ideas about him. We may have many different opinions. But there is only one Jesus.

True there is only one TRUE, REAL Jesus and he paid for our sins on the cross. How can anybody say they are a Christian and not believe Christ is our savior? (Boggles the mind :blink: )

As for the OP, I feel for Christians, the greatest hour thus far was the Crucifixion and Resurrection, but the greatest hour is yet to come.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

When we all finally get our new bodies, free of death, free of all sin, and God lavishes us with blessing after blessing for all Eternity. When he finally crushes satan and we reign with Christ. The great marriage supper of the Lamb. All of us praising and shouting that Jesus is Lord, bowing and worshiping him. (I'm really home sick just thinking about it) :emot-bounce:

Php 3:21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Rom 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Heb 2:10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope

Rom 8:21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

I don't think it has a finest hour yet.

Guest Butero

I tend to define "Christian" rather broadly. Others seem to limit it to one group or another. An "us against them' mentality.

I've heard it for many years: Catholics aren't "real Christians", mainline demoninations aren't "real Christians", pentecostals aren't "real Christians", Mormons aren't "real Christians", etc. It's always "MY church is the right one and everyone else is a false religion". Yes, I get upset with my Mormon friends when they say the same thing. It's just as wrong for them to claim exclusivity as it is for anyone else to claim that.

I tend to accept people at face value. If you wish to claim Jesus as your savior, that's fine with me.

Let me see if I can explain this Mark? I read a great deal of the Book Of Mormon. I was trying to see what it taught, and surprisingly, it seemed to actually promote the diety of Christ, by quoting scripture. At the same time, the Latter Day Saints don't teach the things in the Book of Mormon or the Bible. They claim to, but they actually tend to follow latter teachings of Joseph Smith that contradict the Book of Mormon. They reject the diety of Jesus, and that is why we don't accept them as Christians, and as far as I know, they don't call themselves Christians, though they believe in Jesus as a prophet. They are a very confused bunch. The Book of Mormon comes across to me as one man's attempt to create something that looked legitimate, but is a wild tale followed by OT scripture, with some additional teachings intertwined. They are so mixed up, I went to a Mormon web-site and spoke to one of their representatives in chat. He couldn't answer my questions about contradictions between the Book of Mormon and their teachings. He didn't seem to know they existed till I pointed them out.

Catholics are an interesting group. They do accept the diety of Christ, so I am not going to say a Catholic can't be saved. I believe many are saved. They just do things that are contrary to scripture. They mix some pagan practices with Christianity. I can't go along with those things, but neither do I condemn all Catholics. I am Pentecostal, and the attacks against us come from our belief in the gifts still being in operation, and the ability to speak in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance. Some who believe that gift ceased when the Bible was completed believe it has to be demonic. Pentecostals are basically Wesleyan believers who believe in the Holy Spirit Baptism. There is very little difference between Pentecostals and Wesleyan and Methodist doctrine, so it is silly to say they are not Christians.

Guest Butero

I believe that the Church's finest hour was when CHRIST, upon the Cross, said "It is Finished!"

That was a great moment, as well as when Jesus rose on the third day. At the same time, was that really the "church's" finest hour? Most consider the church to have been born at Pentecost in the upper room. I don't know if I can really come up with a single finest hour? That day when the disciples came down from the upper room and 2000 were saved was a great day, but there have been many others as well in the last 2000 years.