OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I watched this last night and the main question I had was if this man was telling the truth or trying to win others over by lying. I would like to believe him, but don't know enough about him to decide if this is real or just a coverup until the Sharia law is incorporated in the US. Hannity was not light on his exchange.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1653600276001/islam-in-america - this video is 8:30 long.

Here is the second part.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/index.html#/v/1653627619001/moving-the-mountain/?playlist_id=86924 - this video is 5:37 long.

What are your thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

For those of us without sound atm, what is the gist of what he is saying?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

The gist was that Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf was talking about a battle against religious extremists, and how moderate Muslims in America are on the "same side" (to paraphrase) against terrorists and extremists.

I think the message was good, he seemed very quick to apologize about things said in the past and I partly feel like he wanted to elaborate further on some topics but they simply didn't have time so he simply decided to apologize. Still pretty interesting.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

HOWEVER, Ahem!

Surah 9:3 of the Koran allows for a Muslim to lie to all infidels and to break all treaties and remain unpunished. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't believe a word the guy said.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

HOWEVER, Ahem!

Surah 9:3 of the Koran allows for a Muslim to lie to all infidels and to break all treaties and remain unpunished. :thumbsup:

I agree!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

HOWEVER, Ahem!

I agree...I also believe we see this in antichrist when he breaks with his word to Israel...

HOWEVER, Ahem!

I wouldn't believe a word the guy said....

:thumbsup:

The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. Psalms 55:21

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

HOWEVER, Ahem!

A "moderate" Muslim is the same thing as a back-slidden Christian. Both have something in common. They are not living out the tenets of their faith. As Dave pointed out, and Muslims quite clearly know, the Quran teaches Muslims to lie to their enemies. Any Imam is going to lie and obfuscate and act conciliatory until they lull people to sleep. Those of us who know keep warning people but few in America seem to listen. You have over 1300 years of history you can examine to see how Muslims get the job done. You have much more modern and concrete examples of how they are getting the job done lately in France and Great Britain. No one is paying attention.

Not quite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

"In the Shi'a view, taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby.[1]"

He was clearly not in danger of loss of life or property in this interview, so your belief that he can freely lie does not apply here.

In any case, if you both are so concerned about the devout muslim faith, wouldn't a desire to have muslims be moderate be something you would welcome?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

HOWEVER, Ahem!

A "moderate" Muslim is the same thing as a back-slidden Christian. Both have something in common. They are not living out the tenets of their faith. As Dave pointed out, and Muslims quite clearly know, the Quran teaches Muslims to lie to their enemies. Any Imam is going to lie and obfuscate and act conciliatory until they lull people to sleep. Those of us who know keep warning people but few in America seem to listen. You have over 1300 years of history you can examine to see how Muslims get the job done. You have much more modern and concrete examples of how they are getting the job done lately in France and Great Britain. No one is paying attention.

Not quite.

"In the Shi'a view, taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby.[1]"

He was clearly not in danger of loss of life or property in this interview, so your belief that he can freely lie does not apply here.

In any case, if you both are so concerned about the devout muslim faith, wouldn't a desire to have muslims be moderate be something you would welcome?

Rather than being moderate, I would perferr them to be gone.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

HOWEVER, Ahem!

Not quite.

I suggest you not get your facts from Wikipedia. Major Universities don't even recognize it as source material.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, you should check it for yourself and make sure you check the surrounding references from the Koran in context. It is speaking about when Muslims are in a State of War. Since they are to War with the infidel and the Jew until there is none left or they are otherwise converted this would leave the verse to hold true in this instance. Islam is in a constant State of War with the West and in particular the U.S. of America (The Great satan)and Israel.