AlexanderJ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Why is God silent in this age? There are few (if any) supernatural events that occur today, even though the need for such seems greater than before because of modern scientists and their never-ending quest to discredit God and the supernatural.

I know that we have the Bible, God's Word to us, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough.

I think we all go through times when we would love to see something of the miraculous occur...not just for our own edification, but as an indisputable sign

to those who don't believe, and to justify our trust of the Gospel and the confidence we have in a G-d of the miraculous.

There are many claims of the miraculous amongst Western Believers, unfortunately many of them spurious and damaging to the Gospel...He really doesn't need our

help in proving He is a G-d of miracles and the miraculous. There are many people, including myself that have testimonies of the miraculous intervention of G-d in our

lives, but the majority of these are subjective and only we can really appreciate what we believe has occured through answer to prayer or divine intervention.

I have heard quite a few testimonies of the miraculous, especially from people in the East...some of the accounts make extraordinary reading...but we are a nation of

skeptics and reluctant to trust personal testimony unless fully endorsed by hard facts...sometimes it has to be said, this approach is justified because there are many

Deceivers out there, who are very happy to provide gullible Christians with stories of the miraculous...it seems to feed an unspoken desire.

Biblical miracles are pretty few and far between when considered in context and over their time-scale...many of these were also things that modern man...even modern

Believers might cheerfully explain away, and others were merely the testimonies of a few people...such as the Transfiguration, Water into wine, some healings etc.

In our times G-d has provided the modern day miracle of Israel...which is the start of the beginning of the End, and something that has been prophesied for several thousand

years...and today we are living in exciting times where we can see for ourselves Scripture being unlocked and prophecy coming to pass in the most extraordinary fashion.

Many events are happening so rapidly, we barely have time to access them before something else appears on the scene.

Now we would all love for Jesus to appear before an Atheist friend and invite them to lunch (so would they)...but that is just not the way G-d has ordained things, and we have to

be content that we have to approach people from where we are at, and not try and project how we feel G-d should act upon them. We...you and I ...are the link to unbelieving

men and women, and we carry an anointing which is in itself miraculous...G-d placing His Spirit in this Temple of our bodies, and bringing about a daily change... That may not

be quite as dramatic as the parting of the Red Sea, or the Resurrection of Jesus...but in its own way...we are a testimony of the miraculous.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

As if heaven and earth arent enough. ;)

Science actually proves God, maybe not to unbelievers, but every scientific principle Ive learned has led me back to our Father. Big bang and big crunch theories are just another way of saying Alpha and Omega. Static dynamic. Absolute relative. All these opposites are just good and evil.

Its all about faith. Put all the notes together and you get white noise. Put all the frequencies of light together and its white light. There really is no such thing as darkness its perceptual awareness which is lacking. Black is deep violet and it absorbs all the frequencies of light whereas white reflects. Its like pride and humility where the proud take everything in and the humble give it all away.

I know this isnt miraculous or advanced scientific theory but science is relatively uncertain in principle. lol

If you dont know why I laugh, its a play on words, the theory of relativity and the uncertainty principle are both concepts in physics.

There is no such thing as objective research, seek and you shall find, there needs to be a subject to observe the object and theyre looking for what they want to see then translate what they see into lines and curves that we call terms, wether numerical or alphabetical, but it boils down to belief.

To me Gods silence speaks volumes. I figure sometimes He just wants us to be silent and listen intently. You have to remember that a wicked and froward generation seeketh a sign and none shall be given save the sign of Jonas.

Just some personal thoughts. Give God praise for everything wether good or bad and youll see even in these times God is in control. Job is a good example if your looking for some scripture to help with these questions.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Silent? He isn't......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I guess that we all go through times when it seems that God is silent. Even David, the "man after God's own heart" said:

Psalms 22:2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

I find it interesting that this Psalm is right before Psalm 23:

Psalms 23:1 ¶<<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

God is showing His face daily in the Judgement that the Western Nations are under. I can't believe that anyone is missing it.

Meanwhile, Keep watching beacuse I believe that we are about to see His face in a big way.

Several Prophecy's are beginning to line up concerning Israel and the Middle East.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I hear Him talk to me often. Every time I listen......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When I'm not paying attention and about to do something really stupid spiritually sometimes he yells at me....... usually "NO".

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

When I'm not paying attention and about to do something really stupid spiritually sometimes he yells at me....... usually "NO".

Lol Ive heard His chastisement too. I was posting on another forum, a bit of apologetics. It was taking me a long time to refute one members post. I mumbled "Lord why is this so hard." He told me "it would not be so difficult if you had studied more." Boy did I hang my head in shame.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Lol Ive heard His chastisement too. I was posting on another forum, a bit of apologetics. It was taking me a long time to refute one members post. I mumbled "Lord why is this so hard." He told me "it would not be so difficult if you had studied more." Boy did I hang my head in shame.

Ow!! you didn't have to punch me right in the knows did ya....

I'm not trying to question God in a disrespectful way, I just find these things troubling. Two hundred years ago few people denied the existence of the supernatural, but with the advent of evolution, this has drastically changed. I have met many people who seem to want to believe, but cannot because they don't see evidence for God's existence. I find it hard to believe that most of these people unequivocally would reject God if they were presented with more concrete evidence. After all, isn't it true that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"....

:thumbsup:

Power Book

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

And The Nature Of The Proud

Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus. John 12:9:11

Is To Deny Jesus

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. And sitting down they watched him there;

And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left. And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. Matthew 27:35-45

And Yet Jesus

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Saves

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Still

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17