HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The answer to all these questions is quite clear. Righteousness cannot mix with lawlessness; light can have no communication with darkness; Christ and Belial cannot be of one accord; a believer cannot have part with an infidel; and there can be no agreement of the temple of God with idols. Keep your own ranks; do not leave Christians and join with unbelievers. Paul warned that some Corinthians were joining with non believers, partaking in idolatrous feasts and other practices that led to apostasy, (1 Cor. 8:3-13; 10:16-33).

Feel free to just hang out in the inner court and below forums. Ignore outer court where the unbelievers hang out.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1953

Hazard,,

I don't know that you noticed, but you partically answered you own question. In this world there are two camps: God's camp and Satins camp. Non believers knowing or not are in Satin's camp. All spend time in Satin's camp, me to much time before Jesus kicked me to the ground and made me wake up. Such Satin uses those within his camp to try to wavier those in God's camp.

Just remember Jesus didn't come for the Healthy,, he came for the sick,, we are just an extention of our Lords ministry,, we are now the ones called to let Jesus do His work through us.

God bless

Linehaul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I had wondered the same thing at one time, then the Holy Spirit reminded me that I don't know when the words I say or type, or something I do for someone, will be brought back to the thoughts of an unsaved person so He can use them. It could be minuets , days, months or even years, but there may be a time when something I say or do to/for someone may be used for His glory. The truth is, we may never know until He shows us our life and the results of our words and actions.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Even if that neighbor is a nonbeliever.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

i understand what you are saying but i have to agree with ncn.. Jesus would not turn anyone away..

He did turn away pharisees and tell his disciples to shake the dust from their feet.

Yes, I know He turned away pharisees, but if one were to come to Him and repent do you think He would still turn him away?? i know there are those people that we need to distance ourselves from and we don't need to be the best of friends with everyone .. but we do need to remain civil as much as possible..

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Worthy is a Ministry.

Do you think that Jesus would have told them to go away?

When the people of the Gaderene town told Jesus to go away, what did Jesus say and do?

How did Jesus treat Herod?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I think we should do what we can for non-believers, and if they turn away from the truth, then you don't have to feel obliged to continue speaking to them, but I don't think we should ever slam the door shut. God bless.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am refering to people who were raised as Christians and now are self professed athiests, ie, non-believers. Every one is entitled to their own opinions. Many X-Christian, now athiests decided to become so because remaining a follower of God would interfer with their chosen life style.

This is bold statement and contains a logical absurdity.

Who would be so silly to decide to stop believing God because it interferes with her lifestyle? Suppose I believe in God, but I am gay. I have two options:

1) i join a gay friendly church

2) I stop believing God so that I can be gay

Option 2) is irrational. If I believe in God, I would never stop believing so that I can enjoy some freedom for a few decades and geopardize the rest of eternity.

It would be like stopping believing in law enforcement because it interferes with what I want to do. No, I stopped believing in God not because I wanted to be free to do what I want (my life did not change a bit, actually), but because of other reasons.

I noticed some similarities between what you wrote and what is written in my profile, except stirring the pot, I hope. Then I saw you actually visited my profile before posting this. Sorry, if that disturbed you ;)

But I think faith is strong enough to sustain some discussions coming from a little harmless girl like me....is it?

Ciao

- viole

No, I stopped believing in God not because I wanted to be free to do what I want (my life did not change a bit, actually)

Viole, read that statement carefully, specifically the latter portion, and then tell me if it does not carry a mass of contradictions regarding faith and believing in Jesus in the first place.....

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I am refering to people who were raised as Christians and now are self professed athiests, ie, non-believers. Every one is entitled to their own opinions. Many X-Christian, now athiests decided to become so because remaining a follower of God would interfer with their chosen life style.

Who would be so silly to decide to stop believing God because it interferes with her lifestyle? Suppose I believe in God, but I am gay. I have two options:

Option 2) is irrational. If I believe in God, I would never stop believing so that I can enjoy some freedom for a few decades and geopardize the rest of eternity.

It would be like stopping believing in law enforcement because it interferes with what I want to do. No, I stopped believing in God not because I wanted to be free to do what I want (my life did not change a bit, actually), but because of other reasons.

I noticed some similarities between what you wrote and what is written in my profile, except stirring the pot, I hope. Then I saw you actually visited my profile before posting this. Sorry, if that disturbed you ;)

But I think faith is strong enough to sustain some discussions coming from a little harmless girl like me....is it?

Ciao

- viole

Option 3 would be to repent of that lifestyle and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into a proper heterosexual relationship (this would be the correct answer). You started with a false predication that homosexuality is different from any other type of lustful sin by indicating that it's something that you "am" and not something that you do, thereby not allowing yourself to draw the proper conclusion.

Ciao

- viole

Option 3 would be to repent of that lifestyle and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into a proper heterosexual relationship (this would be the correct answer). You started with a false predication that homosexuality is different from any other type of lustful sin by indicating that it's something that you "am" and not something that you do, thereby not allowing yourself to draw the proper conclusion.

Yes, of course, but that is not the point.

Choice 3 is not relevant to the post who addresses atheists and the main reason why they left faith. If they followed option 3, we would have nothing to discuss, would we?

Ciao

- viole

I was just correcting your supposition. Had option two been the only option then your statement here about irrelevancy would be incorrect. You give option one and then decline to address it, but it's there nonetheless.

Ciao

- viole

Yes, of course, but that is not the point.

Choice 3 is not relevant to the post who addresses atheists and the main reason why they left faith. If they followed option 3, we would have nothing to discuss, would we?

Ciao

- viole

I was just correcting your supposition. Had option two been the only option then your statement here about irrelevancy would be incorrect. You give option one and then decline to address it, but it's there nonetheless.

Ok. For sake of precision, I just mentioned the options that would allow me to stay gay, as if that was a choice ;)

Ciao

- viole

Understandable. My main concern would be someone struggling with that particular issue stumbling by here and getting it in their mind that those are their only two realistic options, though I think it's unlikely.