• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

First of all I wanna thank worthyforum for letting me to share things freely and thanks for the ppl who do take time to respond...

Now for my concerns......

if I can word this

properly.

Basically, sin in my life

is re-occurring. Happens

over and over and over

again. I'm always asking

for forgiveness and I do

feel a since of remorse

over them because I

"know" that what I'm

doing is wrong and

against what God would

have us to do.

Many, many times I've

resolved to resist these

sins, but I fall right back

into them. Over and

over and over and OVER

again. It's very

disheartening.

It's like in

most things in my life I

don't seem to have much

control in stopping

myself from doing these

things. Yet I KNOW

they're wrong and I

WANT to stop doing

them?

I've heard about

repentance, i.e. turning

from my sins, and I've

thought I've done that,

yet, I keep returning to

them. But I DON'T want

to return to them..... but

my flesh does (and seems

to win most of the time.)

This in turn brings up

the question in my

mind.... did I "really"

repent? I believe in the

Son, Jesus the Christ and

I "know" that I

can only trust in Him to

save me.... but am I even

really saved? I find all

these other verses in the

Bible (sorry can't quote

them from memory) that

say that we should follow

the ways of Christ, turn

from our sins and that

people who practice XYZ

sins will NOT enter the

Kingdom of Heaven....

and these really scare

me, because I do sin...

almost constantly it

seems.

I HATE doing these

things... but I'm still

doing them. I know, I

know... Romans 7. In my

"mind" I know this is a

part of my nature and I

have to live with it for

the rest of my life. In my

mind I know I need to

fight it for the rest of my

life. And I "know"

according to Romans 7

that it's really not me

that's doing it, but sin

"IN" me. And I HAVE

been fighting this all my

life. I really, honestly

feel that I'm the most

base of sinners.

You know what..... it's

getting OLD. VERY OLD.

What I'm afraid I see

happening to me, is that

I've been fighting my

nature for SO LONG that I'm starting

to weaken in my resolve

to even "try" to resist

sin. I'm realizing that I

give in to my sin more

than I can resist it and

because of that

happening, I'm finding

myself wishing God

would take me home

now. Either cause me to

have a massive heart

attack or a freak accident

or something, but

PLEASE get me out of

here. I'm SICK of

sinning against you

(God). Really sick of it.

Every day I'm thinking

about how I'm sinning

against God.... and how

much I want to STOP.

And you know... at the

same time, I also "know"

that my flesh wants to

KEEP sinning and doing

it's old habits and that it

seems like I'm powerless

to stop it. I'm wishing

that He would put me out

of my misery, so that I

would STOP sinning

against Him.

Am I missing

something here?

I know sin should never

become comfortable to

us, but I "think" there

should be some way for

me to at least "live" with

this some how. Fight

more affectively against

my flesh and sin. I also

believe that this

"wishing" that God

would take me home

now, isn't exactly

healthy either. I should

be happy to be alive and

happy for every day that

He gives me. I just have

it stuck in my mind that I

REALLY WANT TO STOP

SINNING AGAINST HIM

and the only way I know

that can happen is for me

to leave this planet.

That's how i feel......... :'(

Anyway, thanks in

advance for any help you

can give.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

First and foremost, remember God loves you. Christ promised he will never leave you and that he has overcome the world. If we ask Christ for forgiveness from our heart then we are forgiven.

I noticed something in your post I hope you don't mind if I point out. But please remember, Pointing out God's love for you is my goal. You kept saying in this post over and over again, that YOU fight agaisnt the sin. That YOU are tierd of the battle. That YOU are tierd of losing. Let me ask you a question. If you had any chance of defeating sin, then what do you need Christ for? My point here is simple, as long as your fighting the battle, how can Christ. If your trying to defeat the sin, How can Christ. My advice is simple. Trust Christ to do what he promised. Christ loves you so much. He wants to transform you into his likeness. For you to be with him forever. Yes, we must resist sin. But remember the verse, SUBMIT TO GOD, resist the devil and he will flee. It sounds like your trying to resist, but have yet to submit this all to GOD. Submit to God in prayer, reading of the word, fellowship with other believers. Trust God and the finished work of Christ to defeat the sin. Humble yourself before God. THEN resist the devil. Remember, if your focus is on your sin, how can it be on Christ? Focus all your heart, mind, spirit, and strength on Christ. Focus on him. Christ already has this battle won. He just needs you to trust him with it. Bring all thoughts into captivity. Don't let the enemy fool you. No matter what the sin, you always have a choice. You can't be forced to sin. You have a choice. Christ loves you. Choose Christ. Instead of the sin, read your bible, or pray, or speak to a fellow believer. When the temptation comes, ( knowing that your Lord and Savior loves you ) , get down on your knees and pray and seek him until you know you are in his very presence. Don't let anything get in the way. Seek him and you will find him.

I hope maybe this will in some way lead you unto a closer walk with Christ our Lord, and the Victory that is only in him. You will be in my prayers. May God bless and keep you in his perfect peace.

P.S. He accepts you just as you are. Let him change you and conform you into his likeness, and Remember he loves you.

Firestorm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

First and foremost, remember God loves you. Christ promised he will never leave you and that he has overcome the world. If we ask Christ for forgiveness from our heart then we are forgiven.

I noticed something in your post I hope you don't mind if I point out. But please remember, Pointing out God's love for you is my goal. You kept saying in this post over and over again, that YOU fight agaisnt the sin. That YOU are tierd of the battle. That YOU are tierd of losing. Let me ask you a question. If you had any chance of defeating sin, then what do you need Christ for? My point here is simple, as long as your fighting the battle, how can Christ. If your trying to defeat the sin, How can Christ. My advice is simple. Trust Christ to do what he promised. Christ loves you so much. He wants to transform you into his likeness. For you to be with him forever. Yes, we must resist sin. But remember the verse, SUBMIT TO GOD, resist the devil and he will flee. It sounds like your trying to resist, but have yet to submit this all to GOD. Submit to God in prayer, reading of the word, fellowship with other believers. Trust God and the finished work of Christ to defeat the sin. Humble yourself before God. THEN resist the devil. Remember, if your focus is on your sin, how can it be on Christ? Focus all your heart, mind, spirit, and strength on Christ. Focus on him. Christ already has this battle won. He just needs you to trust him with it. Bring all thoughts into captivity. Don't let the enemy fool you. No matter what the sin, you always have a choice. You can't be forced to sin. You have a choice. Christ loves you. Choose Christ. Instead of the sin, read your bible, or pray, or speak to a fellow believer. When the temptation comes, ( knowing that your Lord and Savior loves you ) , get down on your knees and pray and seek him until you know you are in his very presence. Don't let anything get in the way. Seek him and you will find him.

I hope maybe this will in some way lead you unto a closer walk with Christ our Lord, and the Victory that is only in him. You will be in my prayers. May God bless and keep you in his perfect peace.

P.S. He accepts you just as you are. Let him change you and conform you into his likeness, and Remember he loves you.

Firestorm

This is Astounding !!! ....This is the most astounding ministering and witnessing for the Lord that I have ever heard someone do !

Firestorm ... I see that God is using you greatly !

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Amen to that Sister!

Dearest Brother Nitish....

I am so happy that you have opened up your heart a little more to your brothers and sisters here ....

I have been praying for you everyday and this is the time now to just cry to God and tell him how you feel inside ..

Dont let Satan try and tell you lies that you are not worthy of God's Love ...

Remember that Stan tried his very best to make you feel RUBBISH ..

But you have said over and over again you want to STOP!

So every time you think of sin pick up your bible instead...

Rememeber temptation only lasts for about 30 seconds...

In this time your bible will be opened (RIGHT)

So try a little bit at a time...

When I smoked ciggarettes I wanted to please God and wanted to buy him a christmas Gift...

Silly I know ?

BUT WHAT COULD I BUY HIM THAT WOULD PLEASE HIS HEART?

So i thought I know I will stop this habbit that I depend on so much and I will stop with your help God !

So i made a vow to God ..."please help me stop this filthy habbit God "

You know what happened ...

God made that ciggarette so smelly and nearly chocked me to death that I stopped that night Christmas Eve !

Never smocked again ....6 years clean this Christmas!

Best present i could ever buy God as it helpped me be a better folower to God and set a good example, I fully rely on God now not a cigarette ! Amen

So you see I understand sin and I know that if you want to stop your sin you will...!

Maybe try and do what I did...make a VOW to God and ask him to help you stop it !

Openeing your heart to God is the first step and like brother Firstorm said....

CONCENTRATE ON GOD .....

NOT THE SIN!

Now give your sis a smile and lets get started today on making a vow to God and asking for his Help...

You know that God is just waiting for you to Commit to him and try very very hard to pick up your bible every time you want to sin brother...

I am always there for you and I know God is holding your hand right now.... I am sending you a huge sisterly hug.... :-)

Love and Blessings your sis x

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Firstly my sympathies are with you. Here are some things I have heard about this subject:

1. I heard it once said that resisting the sin keeps the focus still on the sin. It may be more effective to divert your thoughts at the time you feel inclined to sin.

2.The word of God is powerful, like a "two edged sword". Run to it and read it at the moment the thought of committing this sin enters your mind. If you are in a situation and do not have your Bible with you, commit to memory some verses that speak of God's power and authority and say them out loud when the idea to sin enters your mind.

3. God says to us "I am with you always." Think of him as the person Jesus standing in the same room as you when you are tempted to sin. Because you love him so much you will want to greet him and speak to him, and would be thoroughly embarassed and disgusted to go and do something in front of him that would hurt him.

4. Those who are serious about stopping a particular sin, go to great lengths to speak to others who have suffered from this same problem in order to get advice about how to conquer it. And then the person takes careful and calculated time and effort to remove all the temptations that lead to the committing of this sin. God helps them, that help themselves. Remember God looks to the heart. If a person cries out with their mouth for help, but in their heart they are relishing the sin, then there shall be no assistance coming from God, you can be sure of that.

Trust in God. He is able to give you victory over this. Remember "sin begets sin". Don't go into despair over this. Lean on him at this time. He wants to be there for you and to help you with this. His desire to see you free from this bondage, is stonger than your own to be rid of it.

I am praying for you.

Heb 6:4-6 For it is

impossible for those

who were once

enlightened, and have

tasted of the heavenly

gift, and were made

partakers of the Holy

Ghost, And have

tasted the good word

of God, and the

powers of the world

to come, If they shall

fall away, to renew

them again unto

repentance; seeing

they crucify to

themselves the Son of

God afresh, and put

him to an open shame.

Heb 10:26-29 For if we

sin wilfully after that

we have received the

knowledge of the

truth, there remaineth

no more sacrifice for

sins, But a certain

fearful looking for of

judgment and fiery

indignation, which

shall devour the

adversaries. He that

despised Moses’ law

died without mercy

under two or three

witnesses: Of how

much sorer

punishment, suppose

ye, shall he be thought

worthy, who hath

trodden under foot

the Son of God, and

hath counted the

blood of the covenant,

wherewith he was

sanctified, an unholy

thing, and hath done

despite unto the Spirit

of grace?

:'(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Heb 6:4-6 For it is

impossible for those

who were once

enlightened, and have

tasted of the heavenly

gift, and were made

partakers of the Holy

Ghost, And have

tasted the good word

of God, and the

powers of the world

to come, If they shall

fall away, to renew

them again unto

repentance; seeing

they crucify to

themselves the Son of

God afresh, and put

him to an open shame.

Heb 10:26-29 For if we

sin wilfully after that

we have received the

knowledge of the

truth, there remaineth

no more sacrifice for

sins, But a certain

fearful looking for of

judgment and fiery

indignation, which

shall devour the

adversaries. He that

despised Moses’ law

died without mercy

under two or three

witnesses: Of how

much sorer

punishment, suppose

ye, shall he be thought

worthy, who hath

trodden under foot

the Son of God, and

hath counted the

blood of the covenant,

wherewith he was

sanctified, an unholy

thing, and hath done

despite unto the Spirit

of grace?

:'(

Ro 7:13-25

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

NKJV

So it is an empty thing this sin we do in our flesh... is it not? Don't you want to love the Lord Jesus by obedience? Now what is stopping you?

Whatever pattern that you see break that pattern while in prayer to Him recogning that portion of you is dead and of no worth... and is in fact

keeping you from the greatest joy that there is to be obtained here and the is obediece to The Lord! Till you understand only In Him will power

be given to overcome the flesh that is why

Gal 5:22-26

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there

is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the

Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another

NKJV

satan wants you to walk in the flesh so he can keep you from growing in The Lord and being useful to His purposes! When whatever is besetting

you in your weakness you can reason it dead 'for it is!' and He will put truth of the emptiness of that which besets you so that you are able to overcome

it! All of us are battling this in one form or another and all of us, who are born again, will survive this present warfare to His Glory! Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Nitish, About your second post...which is condemning you in your mind...I've heard it said this way by someone that I really trust...someone that is filled Mightily For His Glory...

If indeed you are even bringing this up...That means you are being moved to do something about it...The Goodness of God Brings Us To Repentence...What I'm trying to say is that we can listen to the wrong voice...The enemy knows the Word better than I do...The very fact that you are wanting to stop is all God Needs...And He Will Bring It To Pass-if you don't give up on it!!! I just read yesterday...He will give us The Desires of Our Heart...Let's check our heart then...Sometimes we really don't want (in the long haul) what we are asking for...I've been there done that...

I relate to everything you have said...Even Paul said he couldn't stop either...But just like Miss Agapelove...A Most Holy God...Had Mercy on me...There was one thing I couldn't...literally couldn't give up...And Our God had mercy on me and helped me...It took what it took to set me free...but He did it...when I was willing...

You remind me of where I was...right before my miracle happened...and since this is a journey that doesn't end in one day...well we will find more and more "sin" that needs to be given up...Take Heart...Rise Up...You Are Loved Beyond Imagination!!! And believe this...You are not Alone...we all have gone through this!!!

And most of all: Father...When Jesus Went To Be With You...You Sent Us The Comforter...Who Will Lead and Guide Us Into All Truth...The Holy Spirit...He also empowers us to overcome...Thank You That You Will Supernaturally Help Nitish...That You Will Indwell Him Mightily For Your Glory...That You Will Place Your Hedge of Protection Around Him...That Your Comfort Will Lead Him Into Prayer With You...Getting Real With You...Loving You-For You First Loved Us...It's a great relationship, Nitish...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Dearest Brother....

I am sad that you hold fast to all this worry?

Please could you write something lovely for me to read here.... as I know that you are full of Love.....

I would really like you to write something that God would want me to hear personally...

Could you do this for me ?

:mgcheerful:

Thanks for that sis..... I used to encourage people by sending them videos that have encouraging words, articles and stuff like that.... But when it comes to me i feel so discouraged my self........ And when i try to encourage ppl now, my own discouragement stands in front of me........ But i try to ignore and share some encouraging thoughts with ppl who are really burdened.......

REMEMBER THE DUCK

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with, out in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back to dinner.

As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch that day grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."

But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen today, didn't you Johnny?" And then she whispered to him, "Remember, the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."

But Sally smiled and said, "Well, that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help." And she whispered again, "Remember, the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he killed the duck. She knelt down, gave him a hug, and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave you. But I was just wondering how long would you let Sally make a slave of you."

I don't know what's in your past. I don't know what one sin the enemy keeps throwing up in your face. But whatever it is, I want you to know something. Jesus Christ was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. But because He loves you, He is ready to forgive you. Perhaps He's wondering how long you'll let the enemy make a slave out of you. The great thing about God is that He not only forgives, but He forgets.