I Greatly Fear God's Wrath

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible that my dream in post #1 came from the enemy ?? My son just told me that he had a dream last night that I had died. I am trying to get my will in order and take out some life insurance. I feel that something is going to happen and I don't understand since I have repented & feel I have humbled myself & sincerely want to change for the better.

Brother:

Your salvation has been paid for by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Pray for guidance and clarity.

2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

You aren't sanctified through your own actions, but through the sacrifice of Jesus. You have an intercessor forever at the right hand of the Father.

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

And, guaranteed, He will never let you down.

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I see what you are saying, Nebula, but I am concerned that God called me forward for a miracle and I disobeyed Him & He may not offer it again, since I have been disobedient in the past. There are instances in the Bible where God gave people several chances and then just gave up on them (i.e. Saul). I am so hard hearted but have been trying and thought I was making progress. The church has not taught me anything strange since we have not gone there that long. I guess any odd beliefs are my own.

Biscuit, I can't answer any specifics, but at the core I am hearing you are afraid of God.

Let me ask, do you believe God's heart is tender?

What kinds of disobediences are you referring to? Are they the kinds of things that you would turn your back on your own son for if he disobeyed?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Nebula, I don't feel I would turn my back on my son for anything. I think God gave me an opportunity on Sunday to be "delivered" and I did not go forward for prayer. The Spirit was really moving which rarely happens at that church. I don't understand these odd dreams that both me and my son have had recently. I know that God did just get "fed up" with people in the Old Testament. He is the same God (or Godhead) as the New Testament. He is a God of love to some and a God of wrath to others.

Paul to Corinthians -- 1 Corinthians 4:21 What do you desire? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love and a spirit of gentleness?

My wife suffered greatly. I think she had a spirit of fear. She went thru hell on earth for the last 10 years. I put the prophecy that was spoken to her 10 years ago on here, but it was removed I think. It was something like "I will set you free and your family will rejoice. I'm not gonna have you suffer under someone else's arrogance and disobedience." I always thought she would be set free on earth, after I got better about loving her. The next day, another prophecy was spoken to me which included "Pour out your love on your family". (Perfect love cast out fear) I thought I was getting better and thought I had done this. In retrospect, I feel that God gave me clarity and removed scales from my eyes and I see a hundred things I should have done differently in the way I treated my wife. When my job played out a few years ago, I moved an hour from her and my son to a new job and thought they would move here when I found a home. It never happened even though we would see each other and even spend nights together. Maybe I was too hard to live with. I now feel that I abandoned her and my son. I paid their bills, cut the grass, sometimes brought them groceries, etc. But she went thru torment and my son went thru a lot by staying with her. I think God will show me the same mercy that I showed to others. I feel He is done with me. I now take God very seriously, but feel it is too late. I have prayed for mercy, grace, deliverance, love. but these recent dreams/events trouble me. I feel there is little hope for me.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Jeremiah 29:11

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Philippians 4:8-9

New King James Version (NKJV)

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Praying for you and your son, that God will bring you peace and joy, God bless.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I hope that God is just giving me a warning and is not about to take out His wrath and make an example of me.

Why so afraid Biscuit? He is so gentle and lowly. (Matt. 11:29)

What wrath do you speak of concerning Him?

It is better to suffer the wrath of God than the mercy of man. For God's wrath is wrapped in love. It is useful for teaching, and rebuking. And refines a person so that they become more like Him. But the mercy of man is deceitful, always seeking to flatter, for its own gain.

"The Lord is good" (Ps.34:8)

All the time.

Whatever happens.

Edited by his4eva

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

When your son was a baby you never thought of punish him no matter what he did. When he was falling you lifted him up. When he was crying you tried to comfort him. God does the same to each one of us who believe and trust in Him without conditions.

Blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

But brother don't you see?

The very fact that you are asking these questions is a wonderful thing! God wants nothing more than we Love Him and Obey Him, and by struggling with this you are walking that walk! You have had an awful time of late, losing those that you love, but still you cling to God, even as you fear Him.

Cling to Him, rely on Him for everything, tell Him you surrender completely, and you have nothing to fear. He loves you, He cannot not Love you, He is Love.

Your son dreamed you had died? I am not into dreams, and do not have the gift of interpreting them. But sometimes I hear God talk to me.

What is happening is that you are dying to self, to live in Him.

And dying to self is a painful thing.

He Loves You!

Blessings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I appreciate everyone's kind words and attempt to comfort me. I hope you are right. Please keep me and my son in your prayers. We have a lot going on right now. Thank you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nebula, I don't feel I would turn my back on my son for anything.

Would the Lord love you less than you love your son?

I think God gave me an opportunity on Sunday to be "delivered" and I did not go forward for prayer. The Spirit was really moving which rarely happens at that church.

i have two thoughts:

If the Lord had a blessing for you, and you didn't respond, then missing the blessing is the punishment. Why should or would He punish you beyond that?

Why did you decide not to go forward?

I don't understand these odd dreams that both me and my son have had recently. . . .

How do you know they are not from the enemy? Or that they are not manifestations of the turmoil in your heart?

Dreams come from these places as well.

I know that God did just get "fed up" with people in the Old Testament. He is the same God (or Godhead) as the New Testament. He is a God of love to some and a God of wrath to others.

While the Lord does judge our actions, He also judges the heart.

This turmoil you are going through does not sound like your heart is set on rebellion against the Lord.

What I hear is that your soul is in chains, and those chains are hindering you from pursuing the Lord as your heart desires.

Do you not think the Lord knows those chains, those weaknesses? Do you not think He has compassion on you on account of those weaknesses?

I think God will show me the same mercy that I showed to others. I feel He is done with me. I now take God very seriously, but feel it is too late. I have prayed for mercy, grace, deliverance, love. but these recent dreams/events trouble me. I feel there is little hope for me.

1 Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD.

2 Lord, hear my voice ! Let Your ears be attentive To the voice of my supplications.

3 If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand ?

4 But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope.

6 My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning ; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.

7 O Israel, hope in the LORD ; For with the LORD there is lovingkindness, And with Him is abundant redemption.

8 And He will redeem Israel From all his iniquities.

(Psalm 130)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Ahh how the devil likes to torment our hearts and minds... truth is all you have to do is confess your sins before Him ... when you do that ..asknowledge your sin and repent of it..then I guarantee you He will forgive you and cleanse you of all your unrighteousness ....and when He has done that then know that when the voices come to tell you what a sinful person you are you agree and say yes in the natural that is true but I am a new creation in Christ Jesus and there is therfore now no condemnation for me...stand up to the lies and believe God ...

you must believe that God is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him....

if you will do this the lies will fade the tormenting dreams will stop or God will give you clarity on what He may be saying if you do dream...

His word is true and He will never lie to you but the devil (and your flesh) will decieve you in a heartbeat..

God is so faithful to us ..beyond what we can imagine sometimes because we see how bad have been, are, and can be...sometimes we find it too amazing to think God could love us .... but ..He does... Jesus is the proof of that love...

I have fought, and do fight, this battle, as I am guessing all Christians do.. we have to have it settled that we trust Jesus has paid the price and that we are free to live unto God now...

Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?

Rom 8:33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

Rom 8:34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,

Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.