shodan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Many Christians have expressed very confused opinions on this. We need to be clear, whether a fraud or simple false teaching from a bygone century, this is heresy.

http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/

read the links in this text, excellent articles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Was there more to this article, or just this brief tenuously logical statement of this guy's opinion?

Since the Scripture is silent on the subject, the best we can do is speculate, and that is what this fellow did. I agree with him.

At the same time it is also true that even Jesus' enemies often referred to him as 'Rabbi.' The competing Rabbinical schools could hardly bring themselves to call graduates of the other schools by these professional title, much less someone who was not an actual Rabbi. This said, that is strong evidence--as was a good deal of Jesus' own teaching--that He was a Rabbi of the Pharisee party. It is VERY difficult to explain how an unmarried man could become a Rabbi. Perhaps Jesus did somehwo accomplish that, but perhaps He was married and widowed at a young age.

It is only required by gnostic thought that Jesus be an asexual being!

"Marriage is HONORABLE in all things....."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I Leonard, I have heard that an illegitimate child was not allowed to marry. Since Jesus was considered this, would that apply here?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I'm inclined to agree with you, shodan; if it's not Scriptural I don't give it any credence.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,661
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus has only one wife... the Church (us).

Revelation 22:15-17 (KJV)

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus has only one wife... the Church (us).

Revelation 22:15-17 (KJV)

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 21:9-12

9 And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues, came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I shall show you the bride , the wife of the Lamb." 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 1

NASB

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Was there more to this article, or just this brief tenuously logical statement of this guy's opinion?

Since the Scripture is silent on the subject, the best we can do is speculate, and that is what this fellow did. I agree with him.

At the same time it is also true that even Jesus' enemies often referred to him as 'Rabbi.' The competing Rabbinical schools could hardly bring themselves to call graduates of the other schools by these professional title, much less someone who was not an actual Rabbi. This said, that is strong evidence--as was a good deal of Jesus' own teaching--that He was a Rabbi of the Pharisee party. It is VERY difficult to explain how an unmarried man could become a Rabbi. Perhaps Jesus did somehwo accomplish that, but perhaps He was married and widowed at a young age.

It is only required by gnostic thought that Jesus be an asexual being!

"Marriage is HONORABLE in all things....."

Good grief Leonard, that is a bunch of supposition not supported anywhere in the bible. You manage in one post to ignore scripture, refer to Gnosticism, and brush past a bit of new age as well.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

faint.gif

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I have to admit Im shocked too by leonard.

When this info first came out I read it. Then I read another scholar who discussed why the first scholars claims about this document was bunk. It is a forgery based on not only how the document does not match those of the time it is claimed to be from, but also because the style of writing does not match that of the time it is supposedly from.

There were many medieval fakes out there sold to tourists/pilgrims to the holyland. Sadly far too many fakes and souvenirs from that time are being accepted as genuine artifacts.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1979

Anything that is not in the Bible is not of God and that which is not of God is of...

It's like The Book of Judas and believe me more of this stuff is going to come out! People's hearts are being tested. Are you with yourself or with God?