ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

lol well if you dont want facebook tracking you, dont press the like button. all its doing, is taking everyone who likes the website-and showing you who on your friends list likes it. kinda cheesy, but if you dont hit like, it wont show you to anyone else.

I never liked anything and as far as I know Im logged out.

You have to select that little down arrow at the top of the page and select log off to be logged off. Even closing Internet Explorer won't stop the tracking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Boy ... I didn't know about all this with facebook ...or the GPS on the cell phone.

Now I know what to do...plus inform others.

But, some people don't care about ...if others read your wall on facebook . They like the gossip too. LOL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

On that note, other brought up a good point-about smart phones and facebook. Most people dont think of this, but all cell phones have a GPS, and smart phones, you can choose to turn it on, or off. By default, it is on when you purchase the phone, and if it is on, facebook will use it, and post your location no matter where your at. To solve this, disable the GPS on your smartphone, theres usually a setting on the main screen or in the settings menu to do this. If you do that, facebook will no longer be able to broadcast your movements. (dont worry, the government can still choose to remotely engage that GPS any time they want and find you, just in case of "emergency")

The highlighted statements is in error. Tracking by pinging or triangulation is not the same as GPS, which is still done on many older flip phones. The Smart phone are the on board type that have GPS, my son has gone through 7 of the things, construction trade is hard on phones I guess.

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-301653A1.pdf

The FCC is not requiring that all mobiles be equipped with GPS in 2018 for purposes of providing E911. Rather, not before 2019, on a date still to be determined, carriers will have to meet the more stringent location accuracy standards that now apply to those carriers using a handset solution for E911, and they may choose which solution to use: handset-based (meaning a GPS-type chip in the phone), network-based (meaning through network software and equipment), or a hybrid (which is how the technology seems to be evolving).

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-09-28/pdf/2011-24865.pdf

FYI:~~~~I am a Retired Engineer, worked with RFID and tracking GPS for Fleet Trucks.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Now I have yet another thing to be thankful for ... I have NEVER even opened face book apart from real books that I hold up to my face :kiss2::clap: :clap: :clap:

As for the phone thingy .... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Now I have yet another thing to be thankful for ... I have NEVER even opened face book apart from real books that I hold up to my face :kiss2::clap: :clap: :clap:

Right. No facebook, twitter or any other device. The phone thingy is old with no extras which not able to use anyway. I am especially looking for 'blackspots'.

Blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This from my facebook page. If it works, or is legal i have no idea, but hey, it's worth trying...

"Warning -any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or ... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE"

For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly allowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status updates. Thank you for posting this for all of us to copy and paste.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I tried to post that on my news feed and it wouldn't let me post anything...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm glad again after reading this that I quit FB. It bored me anyway after about a year or so. Got better things to do......