IGNORED

What is the standard by which we will be judged?

TrackerJack

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

But isn't mixing the Law with Grace a bad combination?

That's a good question, Tinky.

Christians on average observe 75-80% of the Law already. They may not observe the Sabbath, the dietary laws, or the Lord's Feasts. But as long as they don't think that being Torah observant is the key to salvation, is it a sin?

I don't think so. We need to ask ourselves "WDJD?" (What DID Jesus Do?)

As a Christian, I strive to be like Jesus. From reading the Gospels, I know that Jesus was a sinless sacrifice for me and you. That sin was defined by the Torah, and Jesus kept EVERY commandment.

I'm just trying to follow in Jesus' footsteps.

James 2

8. If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;

9. but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

10. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

11. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

But isn't mixing the Law with Grace a bad combination?

That's a good question, Tinky.

Christians on average observe 75-80% of the Law already. They may not observe the Sabbath, the dietary laws, or the Lord's Feasts. But as long as they don't think that being Torah observant is the key to salvation, is it a sin?

I don't think so. We need to ask ourselves "WDJD?" (What DID Jesus Do?)

As a Christian, I strive to be like Jesus. From reading the Gospels, I know that Jesus was a sinless sacrifice for me and you. That sin was defined by the Torah, and Jesus kept EVERY commandment.

I'm just trying to follow in Jesus' footsteps.

I think from your statements that you are relying on Christ for your righteousness and your observance is to be obedient as you see it, though I would disagree that Christians are too obey the ceremonial or cleansing laws or for that any of those outside of what Jesus said were a fulfillness of the law and that is the Love the Lord with all our hearts and to love our neighbors as ourselves and this is the fullness of the law. But I do believe for conscious sake that you are right to continue your practice until your convictions are changed by the Lord. The scriptures do say that everyone should be persuaded in their own mind. Mixing of the law as I see it, is to say that observance to the law acquires or keeps one's salvation and that you say is not the case. Have a great Lord's day, because they are all His.

Edited by allofgrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

James 2

8. If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;

9. but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

10. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

11. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

What man said! (well actually the scripture he quoted...)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law. The Law was nailed to the cross. The Bible says nobody can/could ever keep the Law. Not even the Jews to whom it was first given. The Bible says if we go back to trying to obey the Law, we are cursed.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm still stuck on the idea that sin, as you see it, is black and white, as defined by the 613 laws of Torah. What of the leading of the Holy Spirit? Is it not a sin to disobey the prompting of the HS? What of loving as Jesus loved? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the thought process? Do you require your family (assuming you have a family) to follow Torah law?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law. The Law was nailed to the cross. The Bible says nobody can/could ever keep the Law. Not even the Jews to whom it was first given. The Bible says if we go back to trying to obey the Law, we are cursed.

Be so kind as to show where in the scriptures it says this as you write it. It does say that if one desires to look to the law for salvation that is impossible, but the law now is written on the hearts of the believer and obedience is expected because of salvation by grace not to attain salvation by the obedience of the law. Grace does not nullify obedience, it establishes it. It is God working in us to will and to do of His good pleasure(Phil 2:13). Rom 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. To follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit is to walk holiness and not yield to the flesh. He leads the believer to love the Lord with all their hearts and to love their neighbors as themselves, these two sum up the law and it is not sinful to walk in holiness, it is expected and commanded. If you love Me, keep My commandment John 14:15, and he that has My commandments and keeps them is he that loves Me and he that loves Me is loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest Myself unto him John 14:21. I am confident upon reflection you will agree with this, what say you?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

James 2

What man said! (well actually the scripture he quoted...)

I'd just like to point out that it only takes ONE sin to be condemned to eternal damnation.

So, I fail to see the point. This scripture is speaking about attempting to gain salvation through Torah observance. I'm in complete agreement with everyone on the issue of salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

What did Jesus say

Matt 25:31-26:1

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

I do observe the dietary laws.

I am circumcised.

I observe the feasts.

I observe the Sabbath.

I wear zitzits.

I try not to wear clothes with mixed fibers.

I garden with heirloom seeds.

I try to adhere to the rest of the Law.

But none of that saves me. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord.

I choose to do these things, because God does not want to be worshiped the way the pagans worship their gods. He's said these things please me and those things don't.

I keep the law because of my Love for God. (The greatest commandment)

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Believing Jews Are Saved By Grace And Yet They Remain True Jews

And Their KING (The Jew~!) Loves Them And Calls Them Brother

And Ham Sandwich Or No, This Goy Loves Them Too

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:17-22