• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

What an interesting read. I have a 'salt' story of my own but not exactly using it for protection. One evening I went to bed and as I tried to go to sleep my tooth was bothering me. I laid in bed and prayed for healing and help with my bothersome tooth. I was told to get up and fill a glass with luke warm water with salt in it and rinse my mouth. I didn't question it but simply got up and did what the inner voice guided me to do. I slept like a baby without any discomfort. God is good.

Gary

No doubt about that, God is good ! But dont you think that is a little off base? And sorry for a lack of a better word. What I mean, is I dont see the comparison, probably just my perception, but it seemed like its permitted (to you) to do what fairmaiden did. Differences in belief, sure. Personally I dont see what good could come out of it. (BTW, Thank you for sharing this though ! Love hearing about these types of instances, all works of life that God is in are Praise Worthy!) Your's was because of an ache, fairmaiden's is due to some type of presence or bothersome activity in her home. Just my two cents.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Okay, I'll take everything everyone said to me with a grain of salt. Heh-Heh! Heh!....Grain of salt...See what I....did...there...? Ahhh forget it.

AHEM! Let me address a few things here, folks!

other one:

If you are having demonic visits in your house, there is a reason.

I never said it was demonic.

You insinuated that it was something of that nature by saying that your husband had the dark side bother him when he was young...... what do you think is in the dark side that would do that besides demons or a full blown fallen angel. Whatever the case, the salt won't work long term and if your OP is for real and you don't have another agenda for all this, you can send me a PM when the salt fails and you run out of ideas. this looks way too much like a game at this point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What an interesting read. I have a 'salt' story of my own but not exactly using it for protection. One evening I went to bed and as I tried to go to sleep my tooth was bothering me. I laid in bed and prayed for healing and help with my bothersome tooth. I was told to get up and fill a glass with luke warm water with salt in it and rinse my mouth. I didn't question it but simply got up and did what the inner voice guided me to do. I slept like a baby without any discomfort. God is good.

Gary

No doubt about that, God is good ! But dont you think that is a little off base? And sorry for a lack of a better word. What I mean, is I dont see the comparison, probably just my perception, but it seemed like its permitted (to you) to do what fairmaiden did. Differences in belief, sure. Personally I dont see what good could come out of it. (BTW, Thank you for sharing this though ! Love hearing about these types of instances, all works of life that God is in are Praise Worthy!) Your's was because of an ache, fairmaiden's is due to some type of presence or bothersome activity in her home. Just my two cents.

Me off base? It could happen :rolleyes: I was most definitely bringing up a sidebar/rabbit hole as the only real link between what I wrote and the topic at hand was that salt was used in both instances. The one who posted the original topic knew quite well that she would most likely get hammered as she anticipated hearing from both sides of the fence but one side was pretty much silent while the warning flags were going off for most of the Worthy crowd. I had no opinion but decided to read up on salt all through out the bible to see if there was some sort of a biblical connection with salt in this manner but really did not find much of anything relating to it. There was a couple of small references that could be stretched by the imagination by adding to the black ink on the white page to make it fit but I try not to do that. The author of the OP seemingly understood the connection between 'salt' and making a barrier against those whom we cannot see having had the need to clarify that her hubby had problems with the 'dark side' as a child. Also makes me think about the whole throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder....something to do with superstitious stuff.

We ought to go back to the OP. So when the salt truck circles my home spreading salt on the ice caked roads, am I protected from evil spirits? Just saying.....

Gary

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Shalom Fairmaiden,

Maybe you can explain more of your OP. You drop a post, which was left wide open, and asked for advice, then turn on those who had to read into what they felt you were referring to. Instead of bashing those who are trying to answer your question and concerns, why don't you take the time to tell us more of what you posted in the OP?

Can you give more meaning to:

1. she's been crying a lot at night and waking up in a cold sweat ... have you taken her to the doctor?
  2. in the morning, my husband said he had a hunch and to trust him on this one .... can you share what the hunch was?
  3. he sprinkled sea salt on the inside of her window sill and all around her crib on the floor. he thought that someone or something was bothering her. ... did he explain what the salt was for? Was he looking to see if someone was entering the house, trying to catch tracks, or did he mention any other reason like rats or mice?
  4. i thought it might be a fluke ... what are your thought now? Why do you believe the sea salt change her sleeping habits?
  5. my husband suffered as a child with "the dark side" bugging him, tormenting him as he slept ... was he concerned that :the dark side" was bothering your daughter as it did him?
  6. this sprinkling of salt, ... How does salt protect (see #7)?
  7. in my opinion just serves as a protective barrier against forces we cannot see. ... you claim you said nothing about demons, so what forces were you referring to?
  8. it's like chicken soup when you have a cold ... can you expound on this thought more?
  9. she did not have to suffer long with whatever or whoever was bothering her ... have you stopped looking for the reason behind all this?
  10. has anyone ever done this? what do you think of this? ... yet, when people tell you their thought, your reply was not in line with your question ,,, why is that?
  11. i would not be surprised to have replies from people on both sides of the fence. ... it seems that you were expecting certain replies, good and bad. Why did your edited post sound like an attack toward those who cared enough to respond?

I will now speak a as a person outside of my admin duties. To me, you were setting people up for a slam, blindsiding them while knowing in advance that you will tear them apart if they answered in a certain manner. I do hope this is not the kind of threads and posts we can expect from you in the future.

God Bless,

Alan

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

nan ah nan ah boo boo

I didn't get bashed :)

blueangel.jpg Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

nan ah nan ah boo boo

I didn't get bashed :)

Such a sweet little angle you are!Angel-Copy.gif

Don't make me hold my breath...

Such a sweet little angle you are!Angel-Copy.gif

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

wacky-weight-loss-tricks-pour-salt-on-food-ss.jpg

blueangel.jpg

salt.jpg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Typical. I've found that often when Christians don't understand something, they either fear it or label it as witchcraft.""""

Wait, what do you call yourself then? Maybe I'm reading too far into this but it just happened to catch my eye when rereading your post. Ahead of time, if this is a misconception I apologize, it just striked me as odd as to how you worded this.

One more thing, and I believe that I can clearly speak for all of us at least most of us. And that is the only one thing we truly fear is God.

Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 27:1 "THE Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Romans 8:31 "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"