Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

i wish people would not spend pages bickering over .............

Anything.........what does it take

to quell the storms that are so detrimental to spiritual growth and maturity. A believer must turn hatred into humility, judgment into justice, and boasting into belief.

I'm an engineer,.... I know the science of the world, and I believe some to be right in their science, Yet, I choose to Trust In Jesus. Period! I just do not care what mankind's evidence shows...For nothing will shake that Faith that I have in Christ...

I'm an engineer as well and I agree; I have total blind faith in the Lord and that faith cannot be shaken.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Genesis 1 and 2 are not a scientific account of creation. They are a theological account of creation. They simply answer the question, "where did we come from?" It introduces us to God as our sovereign Creator, Redeemer and Eternal Judge.

For that reason, it is unfair to fault Genesis 1 and 2 for failing to meet modern scientific precision. Genesis is pre-science, not anti-science.

Going with this one...I don't think anyone can 'prove' their understanding in either direction. I don't think that is the purpose but I also do not

see any harm in wondering about it...

Stepping out a little further, I also do not think one believes in God less if they happen to also believe there may have been a pre-existent

world that ended without form and void

I also do not have the understanding of 'blind' faith but that is probably a hot button ;)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do you believe the Lord's intention was to teach us about Planet Earth?

I try not to judge the Lord's intentions, His ways are far and away above mine.

From my perspective, your response is a cop-out.

Consider what the point of Scripture is. What is the heart of the Lord for us?

Does He want our eyes focused on the creature or the Creator?

Do you believe the Lord's intention was to teach us about Planet Earth?

I beleive that question is kind of loaded? There are a lot of things that the Lord didn't intend for us but has allowed. As for the Earth itself, how are we supposed to know? what he inteded for us to know? We (meaning us today) didn't get a chance to actually enjoy it unhindered with Him. Only Adam and Eve had that and we don't know what they were taught or shown.

I ask you as well, is His desire for our eyes to be on the creature or the Creator?

Sure, He allows things - things that are a part of just living in our time and culture, like science. But was that His intention when providing the account of His creating shamayim and eretz?

Genesis 1 and 2 are not a scientific account of creation. They are a theological account of creation. They simply answer the question, "where did we come from?" It introduces us to God as our sovereign Creator, Redeemer and Eternal Judge.

For that reason, it is unfair to fault Genesis 1 and 2 for failing to meet modern scientific precision. Genesis is pre-science, not anti-science.

and yet there is nothing in Genesis 1 that contradicts science

According to science, the sun precedes the planets. According to Genesis 1, the earth precedes the sun. You have to play mental gymnastics in order to work around that one.

Televangelist Pat Robertson is telling his audience that dinosaurs are from a time before the Bible and that Planet Earth is older than 6,000 years.

“I know people will probably lynch me for this, but Bishop Ussher, God bless him, wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said it all took 6,000 years. It just didn’t,” Robertson said Tuesday on “The 700 Club.”

The host was referring to James Ussher, the 17th century archbishop of Ireland who, in his 1650 publication “The Annals of the World,” proffered his belief that the Earth was created Oct. 23, 4004 B.C.

“You go back in time, you have carbon dating, all these things, and you have the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time.” Robertson explained. “They are out there. And so there was a time when these giant raptors were on the Earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So don’t try to cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years, that’s not the Bible.”

http://www.wnd.com/2..._orig=education

Genesis Was Before Or Pre-Scientific (Suppositions) Trampling Upon God's Word

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Mark Is During Or Mid-Scientific (Suppositions) Trampling Upon God's Word

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him Mark 4:37-41

And Revelation Is After Or Post-Scientific (Suppositions) Trampling Upon God's Word

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

~

The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob Is POWERFUL And Fast

And It Only Took Him Six Days To Speak Everything Into Existence

And It Will Take Him But A Moment To Send It All Into Eternal Oblivion

Yet It Will Take God The Whole Time-Span Of Mankind's Existence Upon Old Earth To Make The New Jerusalem

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

For He Is A God Of Mercy And Grace And He Is Slow To Wrath

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11

~

It Never Fails To Astonish Me When I Hear A Brother Confess God

Confess God Was Born A Man And Died And Resurrected And Has Ascended And Is Returning

Yet The Same Brother Confesses God Was Powerless To Do Just What He Said He Did In Six Twenty-Four Hour Days

All Because Some A-Thesis Fellow (A Without-God Man) Said God Just Couldn't Do It

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Because He Wrote It In His Lab Diary And It's The Only Way It Could Be

if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:47-48

Except God's Way And That Is Impossible~! So Man's Way Is Right

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:6-11

See

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

Thank You LORD Jesus For The Cosmos And For My Life

And For Thy Great Salvation So Rich And Free

And For These Dear Brothers

And Sisters Too

And I Love You LORD

I Love You

According to science, the sun precedes the planets. According to Genesis 1, the earth precedes the sun. You have to play mental gymnastics in order to work around that one.

I am sure this will get some comments...

http://www.reasons.org/videos/did-god-create-the-earth-before-the-sun-and-moon

I Love

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

Dr. Ross As A Brother But PhD Or No

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 4:2

He Should Known Better Than To Call Out Jesus

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

On His Might And His Power And His Light

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5

And His Word

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26

You

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

See

Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Matthew 13:33-35

~

Just Remember We Worship An Awesome God

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

And We Are But Specks Of Dust Before His Power And His Might

Guest shiloh357

The Bible is God's self-disclosure of Himself to man. The purpose of Genesis at every stage from the first chapter to the last chapter is to teach us about God and about our need for redemption.

The Bible from start to finish has no scientific agenda either way. It is not anti-Science, but neither is a science textbook. When it comes to the creation account, there is a lot of missing information, stuff that God didn't tell us.

Where the Bible runs into problems with science really pertains to how some people handle science. Instead of viewing science as a way of understanding the scope of God's creation, they use science as a tool to preserve their unbelief. Though they would never admit it, they treat science like a relgion.

When science is used as a tool to explore, to discover the wonder and complexity of our universe and how these things reflect our Creator, doing science is a means of glorifying God.

I am sure this will get some comments...

http://www.reasons.o...he-sun-and-moon

So what he is proposing is not creation of the earth in Genesis 1 but forming and structuring the surface and atmosphere of the earth and what they contain.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The Bible is God's self-disclosure of Himself to man. The purpose of Genesis at every stage from the first chapter to the last chapter is to teach us about God and about our need for redemption.

The Bible from start to finish has no scientific agenda either way. It is not anti-Science, but neither is a science textbook. When it comes to the creation account, there is a lot of missing information, stuff that God didn't tell us.

Where the Bible runs into problems with science really pertains to how some people handle science. Instead of viewing science as a way of understanding the scope of God's creation, they use science as a tool to preserve their unbelief. Though they would never admit it, they treat science like a relgion.

When science is used as a tool to explore, to discover the wonder and complexity of our universe and how these things reflect our Creator, doing science is a means of glorifying God.

I don't know why some people believe they must argue science against creation. I totally believe that God created ALL things...including what

we call science

I am not in the least bothered by all the debate. So why am I posting? For the same reason Shiloh wrote the above, which, again, I agree with