• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

for a show boldly labeled "The Bible", being aired on the "History" channel, you would expect them to be accurate.

I've never watched a show on the History Channel about the topic of the Bible, that's ever been accurate.

Not. One. Time. Even a person with only a nodding acquaintance with Scripture could pick out the "errors", which leads me to believe they aren't errors at all, but purposeful misrepresentations.

It's gotten to the point where I don't watch anything on History that has anything to do with Christianity or the Bible. Honestly, it's just too infuriating.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I don't really watch television much anymore, except I do enjoy survivor and the amazing race. I have started to watch the news again some, although only in small doses, I'd rather read anyway.

I'll really be into a nature program when - BAM - they hit me with Evil-lution.

I've heard the evolution thing so much its like background noise. I know the truth and Jesus set me free of believing in that, but what really irritates me is the money & power scam called "global warming" aka climate change. It really wrecks the show when they start that propaganda, although they've done the same with evolution for years.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I don't think one gets brownie points for throwing out their tv. or a halo or stars. I guess though if you are tempted to watch what personally hurts you and you just

cannot say no, well then do what you must do....like the chocoholic who cannot keep chocolate in the house because they will eat till it's all gone!

I guess the same can be said about computers so I don't know what the fuss is all about. Actually, you can get into a whole lot more trouble on the computer

yet everyone contributing to this thread has one of those.....hmmm.............

.... Actually, you can get into a whole lot more trouble on the computer yet everyone contributing to this thread has one of those.....hmmm.............

:24: :24: :24:

Amen~!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I remember shows like My Three Sons, Leave it to Beaver, Ozzy and Harriet, Father Knows Best and so on. They had real life morals that people used to believe in. TV shows sure have changed in the past few years.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My bro-in-law told me about the bible show after he watched it. He told me about the angel scene in Sodom and Gomorrah. And how the men(two, when there were really three) came and after the townsmen showed up they fought. I asked him if they showed the men as wishing to have sex with the angels and he said no. I guess that would get the gay community up in arms to much if they showed a bunch of men seeking to have their way. Inaccuracies like that grind my gears as well. I find that the spirit will usually leave you with a negative feeling about things when they are not right. We recently had our cable shut down to basic, so we could still watch news. Tv has gotten aboslutely horrible. There is good to be found but it is so rare. There is almost always a subtle message on shows that doesn't line up with the bible, even if it's not on the first episode, it will show up somewhere down the line. I don't know why more people dont question why we as humans get thrills from watching people get drunk, have sex, fight, kill, struggle in their addictions, get arrested, be in prison or even just humiliate themselves. Oh because they do it on tv they choose it, okay but why do we enjoy it? I watched American Horror Story' for awhile because I loved movies like that, and then once I was born again, it was like having my bubble popped as my husband put it. We live in this bubble where we see bad things happen, but they dont really affect us or they seem limited somehow or human, but then once the bubble is popped you cant look at anything the same way again. Tv is a huge one. So is the internet depending on what you search. I spent a lot of time looking at videos and documentaries of aliens and dissentions between religions and govt conspiracy theories and realized how sick it was making me, but I still kept at it, I know I was drawn to it because it was a tool for anger, for unbelief. Satan wanted me to keep at it. It was all worldly wisdom I was seeking. Stocking up for myself beliefs about the govt, aliens, religion that made me feel so bitter and angry. Then I found James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the light started shining, I realized that that wisdom I was after before was worldly and therefore of Satan.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Those are some great ears on your elephant 1peterlight! ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Those are some great ears on your elephant 1peterlight! ;)

Thank ya! I thought he was mighty pretty! (think it's a boy anyway)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

en·ter·tain·ment [en-ter-teyn-muhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngnt]

noun

1. the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement

Origin:

1525–35; entertain + -ment

en·ter·tain [en-ter-teyn]

verb (used with object)

1. to hold the attention of pleasantly or agreeably; divert; amuse.

-MENT

suffix forming nouns

1. indicating state, condition, orquality.

Enter - come into

Tain - hold or (possess)

Ment - mind

and so this puts the concept of "television programming" into a whole new context for me.

so it comes into your mind, takes possession of it, and maintains that hold.

when what's being pumped into your subconscious is violence sex money and drugs, the result is evident.

i don't like being hypnotized. people pay for all these channels.. :th_praying: