The Ten Virgins - What is the parable about? Matt 25

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

in keeping with the parable of the ten virgins, the five foolish are in comparison with the unfaithful servant and talent burying coward......

Good observation, I agree completely! We might say that they were lazy servants that did not do what their Lord commanded.

Though parables should not be taken in a literal sense, the Lord has given us many ways to view what's going on here. And these are no ordinary parables. They are very unique, in that He gave us a series of parables to understand the answer to His disciple's question in Matt. 24:3, about the signs of both, His coming and the end of the age, but He also kept the mystery intact.

.......with the virgins they are shut out, and told the Lord does not know them

Again, this is a parable. Try to remember the Lord is coming quickly and bringing His rewards with Him. He is rewarding their works, not their salvation that He purchased with His own blood. Getting saved doesn't make someone ready for the rapture. So when He says He doesn't know them, He does not recognize their works, because they were not doers of what He said to do. If we got rewarded for being saved, then everyone would be ready and there would only be one reward. But according to Paul, there are three (3) rewards for believers and he compared them as; [1] precious stones; [2] gold and silver; and [3] wood, hay and stubble (I changed the order - best to worst). All will be saved, but not everyone will get the same reward.

look at the consequences of the unfaithful servant and the talent burying coward..........I'm not sure why you insist the foolish virgins will get a second chance

Yes, they got left with the unbelievers, but it's only temporarily. They will be killed when they refuse the mark of the beast. They represent the gold and silver (lukewarm), which needs to be purified through the fire to burn off the dross. When you cut a precious stone it displays a brilliant shine immediately. Only the precious stones will be ready when the Lord cuts Him (body of Christ) asunder.

I'm sorry but I disagree, being put were there is weeping and gnashing of teeth is not purgetory for cleansing and getting yourself right with God, if you find yourself in this place only the lake of fire is ahead of you

No need to be sorry, brother. We're talking about a profound mystery here!

I know it's not easy to grasp what I've been saying in little bits and pieces here and there. However, the Lord has given me a brand new rapture theory. The funny thing about it is that I never even planned on creating another rapture theory, not at all. I didn't even realize it until I had finished writing my book, after I read the first proof. All I knew was that in the summer of 1989, the Lord told me I was going to write. I wasn't even a writer and had no desire to write. Then about a year later, I got my first taste of end time Bible prophecy when I read Hal Lindsey's book, The Late Great Planet Earth.

That interest grew and then I discovered the forums where I learned to develop my writing skills, not that I expected to ever write a book, because it took years to reach that point. I didn't even feel qualified to write a book. I thought I was already fulfilling the Lord's promise just by studying and writing threads online. Then one day I stumbled over a major discovery in God's Word in 2005. That's when it hit me. I knew I had to write the book, and shame on me if I didn't. So I wrote it little by little in my spare time. It took me seven years to complete it. But here it is, just as He promised years ago. You never know where your path will lead when you answer the Lord's calling.

It is God that chooses the things that are not, to nullify the things that are. I don't know why He chose me to do this. It just seems like a crazy dream. One day I offered to sing for Him. And He said, "No, you're going to write." It may have taken me twenty-one years, but He was faithful to complete it, just as He promised. Praises to His name!!!

I could be wrong in this but are you the poster that doesn't believe Revelations should even be in the bible?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

in keeping with the parable of the ten virgins, the five foolish are in comparison with the unfaithful servant and talent burying coward......

Good observation, I agree completely! We might say that they were lazy servants that did not do what their Lord commanded.

Though parables should not be taken in a literal sense, the Lord has given us many ways to view what's going on here. And these are no ordinary parables. They are very unique, in that He gave us a series of parables to understand the answer to His disciple's question in Matt. 24:3, about the signs of both, His coming and the end of the age, but He also kept the mystery intact.

.......with the virgins they are shut out, and told the Lord does not know them

Again, this is a parable. Try to remember the Lord is coming quickly and bringing His rewards with Him. He is rewarding their works, not their salvation that He purchased with His own blood. Getting saved doesn't make someone ready for the rapture. So when He says He doesn't know them, He does not recognize their works, because they were not doers of what He said to do. If we got rewarded for being saved, then everyone would be ready and there would only be one reward. But according to Paul, there are three (3) rewards for believers and he compared them as; [1] precious stones; [2] gold and silver; and [3] wood, hay and stubble (I changed the order - best to worst). All will be saved, but not everyone will get the same reward.

look at the consequences of the unfaithful servant and the talent burying coward..........I'm not sure why you insist the foolish virgins will get a second chance

Yes, they got left with the unbelievers, but it's only temporarily. They will be killed when they refuse the mark of the beast. They represent the gold and silver (lukewarm), which needs to be purified through the fire to burn off the dross. When you cut a precious stone it displays a brilliant shine immediately. Only the precious stones will be ready when the Lord cuts Him (body of Christ) asunder.

I'm sorry but I disagree, being put were there is weeping and gnashing of teeth is not purgetory for cleansing and getting yourself right with God, if you find yourself in this place only the lake of fire is ahead of you

No need to be sorry, brother. We're talking about a profound mystery here!

I know it's not easy to grasp what I've been saying in little bits and pieces here and there. However, the Lord has given me a brand new rapture theory. The funny thing about it is that I never even planned on creating another rapture theory, not at all. I didn't even realize it until I had finished writing my book, after I read the first proof. All I knew was that in the summer of 1989, the Lord told me I was going to write. I wasn't even a writer and had no desire to write. Then about a year later, I got my first taste of end time Bible prophecy when I read Hal Lindsey's book, The Late Great Planet Earth.

That interest grew and then I discovered the forums where I learned to develop my writing skills, not that I expected to ever write a book, because it took years to reach that point. I didn't even feel qualified to write a book. I thought I was already fulfilling the Lord's promise just by studying and writing threads online. Then one day I stumbled over a major discovery in God's Word in 2005. That's when it hit me. I knew I had to write the book, and shame on me if I didn't. So I wrote it little by little in my spare time. It took me seven years to complete it. But here it is, just as He promised years ago. You never know where your path will lead when you answer the Lord's calling.

It is God that chooses the things that are not, to nullify the things that are. I don't know why He chose me to do this. It just seems like a crazy dream. One day I offered to sing for Him. And He said, "No, you're going to write." It may have taken me twenty-one years, but He was faithful to complete it, just as He promised. Praises to His name!!!

I could be wrong in this but are you the poster that doesn't believe Revelations should even be in the bible?

What? Not even close.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

That was me; Montana Marv

Revelations is not in the Bible.

But Revelation is in the Bible It is the Revelation of Jesus Christ Rev 1:1.

In Christ

Montana Marv

.... Revelations is not in the Bible.....

But Revelation is in the Bible It is the Revelation of Jesus Christ Rev 1:1....

:)

Revelations IS The Bible

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

It Is The Revelation Of Jesus Christ, Both The First And The Second Testament

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

That was me; Montana Marv

Revelations is not in the Bible.

But Revelation is in the Bible It is the Revelation of Jesus Christ Rev 1:1.

In Christ

Montana Marv

yeah.......ahh..Ok..... :confused:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not only is this off topic, but it's also full of assumptions as well.

off topic I think not! However you may think what you like!

and here I thought the topic was the 10 virgins . . . someone should alert the OP that he got his Topic wrong. :wink1:

Edited by Beaker

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

Ye shall know them by their fruits

You can sit on a bench for 60 yrs and be sent to eternal damnation

If thine eye be single, the whole body is full of light. Eye being the heart. What is in a persons heart. God knows all, sees all, hears all. Is your lamp burning? Does the fire for God you carry in your heart, shine forth on your face and flow from your lips for those who are lost in the world?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello Omegaman,

Sorry that I couldn't have joined earlier.

My take on the parable of the ten virgins:

1. is a description of a literal future event

2. which takes place at the time of Christ's advent

3. where half of the participants qualify to enter, with Christ, into the festivities.

Zechariah 14:1-5:

1. is a description of a literal future event

2. which takes place at the time of Christ's advent

3. where half of the participants are protected by Christ.

Is it possible that Zechariah 14:1-5 is the fulfillment of the parable of the ten virgins?

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  153

The parable of 10 Virgins.....

5 with oil and 5 without oil

In scripture, in many instances, Oil is symbolic of the holy spirit. If we sorta agree that Oil in scripture is symbolic of the holy spirit we can apply it here.

5 with the Holy Spirit and 5 without.

A natural man can not tell visually which ones are truly virgins and which ones are not, but the bride groom can tell which ones heart has been circumcised, and which ones have not.

All 10 have lamps giving the appearance that they all had light, but really only 5 had the light.

How can one be born of water and the spirit and not posses the Oil....or How can one being a witness not posses the Oil.

Edited by Enoc

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  153

The parable of 10 Virgins.....

5 with oil and 5 without oil

In scripture, in many instances, Oil is symbolic of the holy spirit. If we sorta agree that Oil in scripture is symbolic of the holy spirit we can apply it here.

5 with the Holy Spirit and 5 without.

A natural man can not tell visually which ones are truly virgins and which ones are not, but the bride groom can tell which ones heart has been circumcised, and which ones have not.

All 10 have lamps giving the appearance that they all had light, but really only 5 had the light.

How can one be born of water and the spirit and not posses the Oil....or How can one being a witness not posses the Oil.

interesting interpretation but then you would also have to deal with the problem of why the faithful were unable to share the Holy Spirit and how to receive the free gift which is a deposit to those sealed for salvation, If someone came to you asking how they could be saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, would you send them away?...

who sells the Holy Spirit for a price?

There is a difference between releasing the Spirit and receiving/being filled with the Spirit.

It is not up to me who will receive the Holy spirit.

Only God knows those who will be saved and delivered. 

The scripture that comes to mind:

Acts 16:14
Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul.