IGNORED

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Unbelievers?

Tinky

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

the bigger event,the more terrible trial,and the biggest,related to all my life,for getting the answer i sacrificed lots,but after 10mouths waiting in fire,GOD absolutely rejected me,i even want to Suicide at that time,after i finished my Suicide planning,i gave my final prayer,

and suddenly he answered me in the miracle way,and saved my life,i said to GOD:Abraham sacrificed his son and i sacrificed myself,and you save my life just as you save Isaac

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

there can be no communication with the Father if not by and through the Son, Jesus Christ. through Him and only Him, one is enabled and spiritually positioned to boldly approach the Throne of Grace.

God is sovereign, and by His providence He will draw near to those who hear the the Gospel of Christ and are convicted of their sins.

but outside of seeking fellowship with God on His terms, vain prayers of the ungodly seeking deliverance from oppression do not reach the Throne.

this is because they are not seeking the throne, they are only seeking relief. perhaps their afflictions are in place in order to bring them to that cross, but they are blinded by the enemy of our souls.

Job 35:12There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men.

Job 35:13 Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.

but most of the verses shared in the article apply to the vain prayers of Israel and the Church in a state of sin(ignorantly or unrepentant).

O God...Thank You For Saving us...

Pretty sure I've testified to this before but at 19 years old; I was standing out in the middle of a dirt road...drunk...wondering why I was born...asking God why He never answered my prayers...Mind you, I had been saved from drowning twice in my life...ummm...had been to church Vacation Bible School at 11 or 12 years of age...and that was it-as far as church went..

I totally agree that God hears the prayer of a repentant heart...He sure did mine...Oh dear it was bad...

One verse that particularly stood out and was like a revelation to me...was John 9:31 "Now we know that God does not hear sinners: but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him."

I know this is in the context of the Pharissees being amazed that Jesus had opened the man born blind-opened his eyes...for me-and God knowing the journey that it would take for me...I went after not being a sinner and being changed By The Healer...Jesus...My my...I need all the verses...but I also needed God to hear me...Whew...

Love In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I think that God does answer our prayers.Maybe not the way we want Him to but what His plan is for our lives.He answers our prayers for what we need not always what we want.He blesses some with alot and some do not get what they think they deserve.I think that God not only has a plan on this Earth for us but He also has a plan in Heaven for us.Maybe what is happening our this Earth to us has something to do with the plans He has for us in Heaven.

No,I do not think that God answers the prayers of the unbelievers except for repentance.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

John 9:31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

Guest shiloh357

John 9:31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

I would be careful about which verses you use to to make a doctrine out of. Those words were not spoken by Jesus. They were not even spoken by one the disciples. It was an assumption made by a Jewish man who had just been healed by Jesus and he made that statement to the Jewish leaders who were questioning him about his healing. This not a statement offered by Scripture as a teaching about God, but is simply this man's beliefs based on his upbringing in Judaism. The Bible correctly records his words under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. That does not mean that his words are necessarily doctrinally correct.

One is hard pressed to explain why Cornelius's prayers in Acts were heard BEFORE he became a believer if one is to assert that God doesn't hear the prayers of unbelievers.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I believe God does answer the prayers of unbelievers. I was not saved when God answered my first prayer. I asked Jesus into my heart right after the answer, I was 5.

It was a child's prayer....and was actually a bit of a challenge...but God answered immediately in the affirmative and caused something to happen that showed me He is real.

Simple. God knows our hearts and why we pray and what is in our hearts when we pray....saved, or not.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I believe God does answer the prayers of unbelievers. I was not saved when God answered my first prayer. I asked Jesus into my heart right after the answer, I was 5.

It was a child's prayer....and was actually a bit of a challenge...but God answered immediately in the affirmative and caused something to happen that showed me He is real.

Simple. God knows our hearts and why we pray and what is in our hearts when we pray....saved, or not.

That was a prayer of repentance and salvation and that is why He answered it.If someone is an unbeliever I don't know why they would pray.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I would be careful about which verses you use to to make a doctrine out of. Those words were not spoken by Jesus. They were not even spoken by one the disciples. It was an assumption made by a Jewish man who had just been healed by Jesus and he made that statement to the Jewish leaders who were questioning him about his healing. This not a statement offered by Scripture as a teaching about God, but is simply this man's beliefs based on his upbringing in Judaism. The Bible correctly records his words under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. That does not mean that his words are necessarily doctrinally correct.

One is hard pressed to explain why Cornelius's prayers in Acts were heard BEFORE he became a believer if one is to assert that God doesn't hear the prayers of unbelievers.

The only prayer that He hears from an unbeliever is the prayer of repentance, prayer is a privilege of the believer. The Lord hears His children who have been made righteous through the Lord Jesus. Sin separates the unbeliever from the Father and He will not hear them. There are exceptions in scripture as we all know ,just as the thief on the cross was not baptised and yet went to paradise with the Lord...Lazarus died twice, while scripture tells us "it is appointed for man to die once and so on. There are exceptions.

One cannot come to the Father except through His Son.

1 Peter 3:12 “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

That was a prayer of repentance and salvation and that is why He answered it.If someone is an unbeliever I don't know why they would pray.

No, BoPeep...there was no prayer of repentance. I was 5 years old and had never heard that word. I asked God to do something to show me He was real. I had never heard

of God before Sunday School and I did not know He was real. He immediately answered my prayer by doing what I asked of Him. I immediately asked Jesus to be my Savior

as I had heard in Sunday School.

No one mentioned repentance in that church...they didn't even teach it and certainly not to 5 year olds.

You cannot repent if you do not even know what sin is. I was not saved when I prayed. I was saved ONLY AFTER God answered me.

At any rate, there are scriptures provided in this thread that indicate God does hear and answer those who are not saved.

This, is not debatable. It is simply fact. I cannot change the order of what happened. It might not fit into some people's theology, but God often does not fit into some people's theology either.

I am surprised that some people believe God does not hear prayers from regular Joes....of course He does! He is God...He hears it all....whether He answers or not, is at HIS discretion.

Interestingly, there are prayers from Christians that God will NOT hear. For the same reason He does not hear the prayers of those who reject Him. The NT admonishes believers

who do not pray with the right attitude or Christians who ask amiss. God ALWAYS looks at our heart...motives...many believers seem to have the attitude that God is a dispensing

machine.

Romans 10 say to "call on the name of the Lord and you will be saved." So unbelievers can call out to God.

Jesus christ said the tax collector prayed: "Lord have mercy on me a sinner" such a prayer God heard.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

God answers prayer of anyone who is seeking him. They do not have to believe in the bible. They do not have to know Jesus Christ. They simply have to have enough faith that God exists that they would call out unto him in prayer for help. Even then God led them to do such.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking that God has a cookie cutter system of doing things that requires that a person first hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ before they can begin to have a relationship with the God who created them. This is a grave error and will keep you from being useful unto God in bringing others to Christ.

In 2002 life was difficult for me at best. I was told that God was my answer. I was told that I could forsake any preconceived ideas of who or what God was as long as I honestly wanted to know and understand God. That I could call upon him as God and expect him to develop a relationship with me as Creator/creature. I was to simply pray and watch.

In 2003 I had major life events come to pass. I had been praying and watching for 6 months. The next year would see God directly answer several prayer requests. He would provide $10,000 with no commitment to repay one cent. He would move obstacles that stood in my way so that I could be free.

Over the next few years I built a solid relationship with him through prayer followed by watching. I built a firm understanding of Gods sovereignty in human affairs.

On January 24th 2008, God sent a man to me to talk to me about Jesus. I was convinced over the next two days that God finally decided that I was ready to be introduced to him by name.

Psa 19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins]; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Many of us believe some really stupid stuff about God because we presume to truly understand him when we do not. I include myself in this as I have often been guilty.

If we understand what "God is Love" means, then we will surely understand more about the who, what, where, when and why of God's answered prayers.

Peace is only in Christ.