• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I am afraid to be one of the kind of the alleged semi-militant food fanatics :) been vegetarian for some ten years, and vegan for half of the time. Pressing anything upon others forcibly, now that's how not to get the results we are aspiring for. Mainly I am concerned for what I put into my body, but have leather on shoes and even coat. So no moralizing from my side. Although, I know their 'nutritional superiority' at times can truly be felt and be made known ;)

The thing about what are we using for living is a good question, at least as much as possible should be used of the animal being killed as before was done. I could consider eating insects, though, good source of protein and a definite candidate for solving the food problems.

Self-sustainable, that's where I am heading. Might require killing some animals every once in a while in the climate in question (arctic circle north europe) to feed the family who all are meet eaters. If the Lord tells me, I can consume pretty much anything, although it was not the food He mainly was referring to Peter in his vision.

I think he has told us all

Gen

9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.   

9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I think that just because one person has some strange, exteam belives, and they just so happen to be a vegan. That that does not mean that all vegans like that and on their way to hell so to speak. Some people are just extream. They would be extream no matter what they are into.

A quite disturbing forum thread claiming that the only real Christians are Vegans. It appears to be using a lot of Biblical cherry picking:

Yes yes, same old stuff I have heard before nothing new here. Only "real" Chrisitans use the King James Bible. Only "real" Christian wear dress clothes to church. Only "real Christians read only the Bible and nothing else. Only "real" Christians homeschool their children. The list goes on and on.I tend to stay away from them type of people. Mostly because they don't like me because in their eyes im not a "real" Christian. It is not their judgment I am concerned with.

I would post more on this topic but I have to go put the steaks on the gril.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've often wondered if PETA and such ever wondered what would happen to the millions of cows, chickens and pigs in this country if everyone suddenly quit eating meat.  People aren't going to raise a thousand head of cattle for fun.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Absolutely .... ever been up close and personal with an onion :hmmm:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

A quite disturbing forum thread claiming that the only real Christians are Vegans. It appears to be using a lot of Biblical cherry picking:

Yes yes, same old stuff I have heard before nothing new here. Only "real" Chrisitans use the King James Bible. Only "real" Christian wear dress clothes to church. Only "real Christians read only the Bible and nothing else. Only "real" Christians homeschool their children. The list goes on and on.I tend to stay away from them type of people. Mostly because they don't like me because in their eyes im not a "real" Christian. It is not their judgment I am concerned with.

Oh yeah, and if you read it they claim that Jesus was a Vegan too and give a few pointers as to why they think that he was, but scriptural evidence does not back up what they say.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I've often wondered if PETA and such ever wondered what would happen to the millions of cows, chickens and pigs in this country if everyone suddenly quit eating meat.  People aren't going to raise a thousand head of cattle for fun.

LOL interesting point.

LOL interesting point.

When they talk about animals it is always about domesticated ones. Cows, chickens, that sort of thing. But I live deer country. I am about 16 miles from town.  I have deer running freely through my back yard. Along with other wild life. I can not have a garden because every year the deer eat everything I plant. Deer do not have many natural hunters to keep their population in check. Over populated deer will destroy a forest and end up starving to death for lack of food. So......if everyone became a vegan. Wolves would need to be brought in to deer country to keep the deer population in check. Since no one would be hunting them. There would be so many deer that they would be running all over the place making a muck of things. The wolves that we brought in to keep the deer under control would have a rise in their population. With all the humans that are on the Earth it would be imposable for humans to avoid contact with these wild animals. Soon we would have deer, wolves, wild hogs, bears, ect ect running through our towns and cities. Clashing with humans. In the end the wild animals would have to be put down for the safety of us humans. Wild pigs are very mean and destructive. For that reason around here they are shot on sight.  So even though the vegans would not eat meat. They would have to kill wild animals or else be over run by them. Wolves running down children in our city streets. Bears breaking into houses looking for food. Deer eating all the crops now we have no food since all we eat are plants. Yep, that is how it would end.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I know a number of vegans who are very militant and have almost a fascist nature about spreading their doctrine.

One in particular that I know believes that if the whole World became vegan then all the World’s food shortages would be solved and he is determined to see that happen in his lifetime. He has two young children who are forced to eat purely vegan diets – no meat, no fish, no eggs, milk or cheese and he fiercely champions Gay and Lesbian rights, animal rights and is a campaigning environmentalist. Needless to say, he is also an Atheist. He thinks that Christians are guilty of child abuse because they force their ‘religion’ onto their children.

I recently accused him of having a religion of his own – militant veganism, and accused him of performing a form of child abuse of his own by forcing his dietary restrictions on his own kids. He got quite angry, told me that he loved his kids and told me that I had no right to inflict my brainwashed opinions on him. I, of course, believe that he is brainwashed, but did not tell him that.

Both he and his wife have been vegans for about three or four years. He also claims that human beings are parasites. He was not like this when I first met him and he seems to have changed quite a lot.

I’ve since found this article. I’m not sure if it has been published here before. I did a search but couldn’t find it:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39253/

Now God has told us that we can eat meat and that we have dominion over the animal kingdom (Gen 1:28-30), so I can’t agree that Veganism is the way forward.

I’m not trying to have a go at anyone here who may be Vegan for their own personal reasons, and I am not attacking vegetarians who refuse meat but eat other animal products, because I know that there are a few on this site, but I am beginning to find that Veganism a little bit extreme. I just wonder what opinions you may all have on the subject.

I am also aware that both Pol Pot and Charles Manson were strict Vegans and that Adolf Hitler himself was a vegetarian because of his fondness for animals. However his fondness for living creatures unfortunately did not extend to Jews.

1 Tim 4

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

they are just a sign of end times, we need to focus on the BOLD and get ready time is short