• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I do not believe that Zimmerman had any intention of shooting anyone.  I believe that he viewed himself more highly than he should have and that he put himself in a situation that he found out very quickly he was not capable of handling. 

What is your evidence for believing "he viewed himself more highly than he should have"?

And while I agree with the court verdict based on the evidence, one can be legally innocent but not morally so.

And in God's eyes, what is your responsibility in this case?

There is no evidence he was told to carry a gun, that is his own story. 

OK, I didn't see the court cases, did you? Was it presented that there was no evidence to support this claim? (That is, was it investigated? Was it mentioned?)

According to testimony from the police, Zimmerman was asked to be part of a citizens patrol program but wanted to part in it.   Why is that?

What do you mean by "wanted to part in it?" (Typo?)

He had the gun with permission from the police to protect himself against a dog.

That's hilarious.

Why?

What facts are you basing your judgment on?

Do you believe the jury members were corrupt or stupid?

Really?  You have to ask that question?  You really believe that jurors don't have biases?  People keep mentioning the OJ trial as if that jury was corrupt or stupid or biased.

Yes, I have to ask this question. Your words are condemning the verdict of the jury.

Even now, you have claimed them of biases and by impliation that these biases influenced their decision.

And, yes, I agree that "every soul should be subject to the governing authorities."  But it doesn't mean that I have to swallow their lies.

What do you make of the evidence that the news media doctored the evidence and the reporting?

For instance, the news media reported that Zimmerman described Martin as black right off the bat, but the actual transcript shows that Zimmerman said nothing about race until after the dispatcher asked for this information.

Why do you trust the news media's reports?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, George Zimmerman is guilty because he chose to take matters into his own hands and initiated the whole sequence of events that led to Trayvon Martin's death.  If George Zimmerman would have followed police instruction, Trayvon Martin would be alive today.

Suffice it to say that taking a human life is killing, regardless if the person got off on a technicality due to a corrupt system of laws.

I neither trust nor listen to any mainstream media and I don't allow anyone to feed me lies.

Edited by WalkTheWay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Please define "corrupt system of laws"...

Technicality? Seems that there were two fundamental questions that needed to be answered: "Who was the aggressor" and "Did the use of deadly force meet the criteria for self-defense"?

Jury answered those questions....

Yes, George Zimmerman is guilty because he chose to take matters into his own hands and initiated the whole sequence of events that led to Trayvon Martin's death.  If George Zimmerman would have followed police instruction, Trayvon Martin would be alive today.

1. In what way did Zimmerman take matters into his own hands?

2. There are mixed reports about whether Zimmerman followed Maritn after being told not to, or if he was already out of his vehicle by this time. So, which is the truth? And how do you know which it is?

3. It's easy to be an armchair critic looking at the event in hindsight.

4.What are Jesus' instructions to you regarding this matter?

Suffice it to say that taking a human life is killing,

Yes, but not all killings are categorized as murder. Even the Torah allowed a refuge for those who killed someone by accident. Our laws don't even give that grace.

regardless if the person got off on a technicality

What technicality? How is insufficient evidence a technicality?

due to a corrupt system of laws.

By this statement, it comes across as if you have a pre-bias here that is clouding your judgement.

Thank you for revealing your true heart.

I neither trust nor listen to any mainstream media and I don't allow anyone to feed me lies.

So why do you believe our system of laws are corrupt?

This is worth reading:

~~~~~~~~~~

Alveda King: Grieved Over Strife Surrounding Zimmerman Verdict

3:50PM EDT 7/14/2013  ALVEDA KING

I believe the verdict in the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case further exposes a grievous and deep vein of disharmony and racial tension in our nation that can only be healed when people realize that every human being should be treated with dignity and respect.

A trial like this causes public debate, and people have forgotten what is right anymore. Now Trayvon’s tragic death is obscured and Mr. Zimmerman is a public spectacle. The lines of what is right and what is legal/lawful have also been blurred, and this trial exposes that.

We saw the same scenarios in the O J. trial and the Casey Anthony cases. There was reasonable doubt, no matter how minute the reasonable doubt proves to be. Even more recently, abortionists are butchering women in so-called “legal” yet underregulated facilities where, in many cases, no arrests are being made—with Kermit Gosnell’s case being a recent exception.

In Chicago, where random killings are at an all-time high, a black woman, Tonya Reaves, was recently slaughtered and bled to death for five hours in a Planned Parenthood abortion mill, yet no arrests have been made.

Now, in the wake of Trayvon’s senseless death and Mr. Zimmerman’s acquittal, many people are angry at the tragic loss of life and what some perceive to be a shun on the black race. For the record, Acts 17:26 teaches that there is one blood and one human race, not multiple races, so racism is based on a lie.

Others seem to feel a victory because certain constitutional rights were favorably argued and the question of reasonable doubt prevailed in this case. Yet it is important to also note that Zimmerman’s life is ruined too and that the court of public opinion is not completely on his side.

So in a way, the blind scales of justice seem to have favored Mr. Zimmerman, while Trayvon’s voice is silenced and his dream died with him.

The Bible says mercy triumphs over justice: “For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment” (James 2:13, NKJV). And Micah 6:8 says that we should add love and humility to justice: “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbl with your God” (NIV).

Love and humility are missing on both sides of this struggle!

Read the rest here

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

FWIW, it has been told that Zimmerman bought a gun at the advice of a police officer when his wife was cornered by a snarling dog. He asked the police officer what else could he do as well as calling the authorities if something like this happens again, and time is of the essence. The officer's answer: "Get yourself a gun."

So, Zimmerman, on his way to the grocery store, doing a mundane regular chore, was wearing his gun concealed according to his permit and his right. He wasn't out on some sort of rounds as a member of the neighbourhood watch.

and had he just continued on to Target Martin would still be alive and his life would not be ruined. 

Yet, a man who is observant, and vigilant about the safety of his community is a good man to have around.

but a vigilante is not a good thing to have around.

One can be observant, vigilant and care about safety without killing someone. 

Travon was killed because he attacked George......       Travon was not the nice young kid that is pictured on the liberal news.  If the police had followed the law in travon's escapades, before he came to stay with his father, instead of just suspending him from school Travon would be in juvenile protection and at least a chance for some normal life instead of the grave.   Travon is fully responsible for his death, and his parents, who were not dealing with his actions, can also be part of the problem.

If the government pursues this I can see Travon's prior legal problems surface and show him for the out of control kid that he was.  This should happen without taking George to court

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis.

There's not one word about gun control in the above sentence.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I do not believe that Zimmerman had any intention of shooting anyone.  I believe that he viewed himself more highly than he should have and that he put himself in a situation that he found out very quickly he was not capable of handling. 

What is your evidence for believing "he viewed himself more highly than he should have"?

And while I agree with the court verdict based on the evidence, one can be legally innocent but not morally so.

And in God's eyes, what is your responsibility in this case?

There is no evidence he was told to carry a gun, that is his own story. 

OK, I didn't see the court cases, did you? Was it presented that there was no evidence to support this claim? (That is, was it investigated? Was it mentioned?)

According to testimony from the police, Zimmerman was asked to be part of a citizens patrol program but wanted to part in it.   Why is that?

What do you mean by "wanted to part in it?" (Typo?)

I base my view of him on his previous actions and on the fact the he was a self appointed neighborhood watchman and did not go with the will of the HOA.  He clearly felt he had the capacity to handle situations such as following a person.  We now know how he handled that situation

I don't see that I have any responsibility in God's view other than to try and support the whole truth, not just one side or the other.

The part about the police telling him to carry a gun was from an interview with Hannity on Fox.  As far as I know it never came out in court. 

Yes, it was a typo, should have been "he wanted NO part of an organized citizens patrol program".

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

FWIW, it has been told that Zimmerman bought a gun at the advice of a police officer when his wife was cornered by a snarling dog. He asked the police officer what else could he do as well as calling the authorities if something like this happens again, and time is of the essence. The officer's answer: "Get yourself a gun."

So, Zimmerman, on his way to the grocery store, doing a mundane regular chore, was wearing his gun concealed according to his permit and his right. He wasn't out on some sort of rounds as a member of the neighbourhood watch.

and had he just continued on to Target Martin would still be alive and his life would not be ruined. 

Yet, a man who is observant, and vigilant about the safety of his community is a good man to have around.

but a vigilante is not a good thing to have around.

One can be observant, vigilant and care about safety without killing someone. 

Travon was killed because he attacked George......       Travon was not the nice young kid that is pictured on the liberal news.  If the police had followed the law in travon's escapades, before he came to stay with his father, instead of just suspending him from school Travon would be in juvenile protection and at least a chance for some normal life instead of the grave.   Travon is fully responsible for his death, and his parents, who were not dealing with his actions, can also be part of the problem.

If the government pursues this I can see Travon's prior legal problems surface and show him for the out of control kid that he was.  This should happen without taking George to court

You are right, you have convinced me, Martin deserves to be dead.  how blind I was to miss that.   Thanks for clearing that up for me  :sad030: