• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

An interesting question asked elsewhere on the forum (from a mans point of view).

I would like to hear from the "other half" as well as what more men might think. This was my short answer...

Trying to get onto my own computer. Girl things hanging in the bathroom. Curtains that fit the windows. A new TV/stereo stand (I thought the one I had was acceptable - apparently I have no taste....)

Wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. A refrigerator that no longer looks like a laboratory test is being run inside it.

Having to share my favorite recliner.

All good stuff.....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

LOL... waking up in the morning and someone else is in my bed! That moment that I realised I no longer had a "personal space" in the house that was just for me. I'd invited someone else into my space, permanently. That was when I realised :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When it was OK to touch each other without any restraints, restrictions, or guards.

When coming home was to the man I love, not to a dwelling place.

When the man I love and I did not have to separate (one having to go home elsewhere) after the day was over.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Ive been married so long, I dont remember lol.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I realized I was married when my new husband did not put the Sunday paper back together after reading it.  That was one thing I insisted on being done.  The first time someone called me Mrs. my new last name also was a shocker.  I looked to see where his mother was.

He realized he was married when he found out that more than just my clothes were being moved into his apartment.

Edited by Kali_Ko_Kat

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well, being a typical young redneck it was a shock the first time I heard the phrase, "I am not your mother,,,  pick up after yourself!!"

I took me a while to grow up, but I do have one room that is my man cave.....  no one is welcome there.  We've been married 43 years this month and we are about as happy as can be.

I am not sure I realized it at all, lol. I beleived I would marry her the same day I met her, and never thought otherwise. I just had to wait a while, for all the little realities to catch up with what I already knew. I was already commited to the idea before I proposed.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

When I saw a pink razor in the shower.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

well, being a typical young redneck it was a shock the first time I heard the phrase, "I am not your mother,,,  pick up after yourself!!"

I took me a while to grow up, but I do have one room that is my man cave.....  no one is welcome there.  We've been married 43 years this month and we are about as happy as can be.

That brings back some memories.

Early on my husband would tell me when I cooked "that's not the way my mother (or grandmother) made it".

After hearing that a few times I came up with the perfect answer.

For grandmother: That's the way I make it. If you don't like it get in your car, go to your grandmother's and have HER make it for you.

For mother: If you want it the way your mother made it, I suggest you get her to cook it for you. I can easily arrange for that to happen. Just tell me what weapon of choice you want me to use to send you on your way to the Pearly Gates and Streets of Gold. But before I do that, let me figure out how to make it look like an accident so I can get the life insurance money". (he was 16 when his mother died)

With both of them I always added OR YOU CAN COOK. Which would not be a bad thing since he was and still is an excellent cook. I don't let him do it often because what takes me an hour to do will take him 3 hours. It does NOT take 3 hours to make biscuits and the rest of breakfast.

A couple of times of me telling him that worked. I never heard it again.

Edited by Kali_Ko_Kat

Guest LadyC

i never had one of those moments when it hit me that i was married. but..... ask me when it hit me that i was a mother, and it's a whole different story!