IGNORED

Hey all: How do I learn to love my enemies?

truth10

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This has been my stumbling block for a year now, and it just doesn't seem like I'm getting better. As a matter of fact I am getting worse. I do want to love my enemies, but my flesh is just against it. I don't hate (or want to) hate them, but because of so many bad experiences in life and fear of mental pain, anguish and depression, I just avoid. I've spent so many years of my life in mental sorrow and pain, that I just cleave unto any peace I get, and to my flesh going out of my way to be around my enemies is torment. Please pray for me. Please give me some advice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This has been my stumbling block for a year now, and it just doesn't seem like I'm getting better. As a matter of fact I am getting worse. I do want to love my enemies, but my flesh is just against it. I don't hate (or want to) hate them, but because of so many bad experiences in life and fear of mental pain, anguish and depression, I just avoid. I've spent so many years of my life in mental sorrow and pain, that I just cleave unto any peace I get, and to my flesh going out of my way to be around my enemies is torment. Please pray for me. Please give me some advice.

Can you clarify who your enemies are for me? I ask because of this statement of yours...

to be around my enemies is torment

Can you clarify who your enemies are for me? I ask because of this statement of yours...

to be around my enemies is torment

They're people in my island and who live within a 20 mile radius of me. They're a combination of people who hate me and would probably want me dead and of others who're just digusted by me. Many now hate me because of these false rumours people have been spreading about me for almost a year now. These rumours have gotten out of control, you see.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

Truth10,

Are your enemies, peoplethat you are forced to be around everyday..like co-worker's ect???

If so , what are they doing to make them your enemies???

Dear Brother/Sister...until you clarify this issue a little more for us,we don't have a full picture and are left a little helpless in being able to help you with this...you don't need to tell us anything that makes you uncomfortable, but Dear Brother/Sister we do need a little more info from you please.

GBU Truth10

Truth10,

Are your enemies, peoplethat you are forced to be around everyday..like co-worker's ect???

Dear Brother/Sister...until you clarify this issue a little more for us,we don't have a full picture and are left a little helpless in being able to help you with this...you don't need to tell us anything that makes you uncomfortable, but Dear Brother/Sister we do need a little more info from you please.

GBU Truth10

Not coworkers, but neighbours, people from other towns and neighbourhoods, former friends etc... You see about nearly a year ago, this group of youths started this rumour about me being some kind of radical homosexual (when I'm a straight christian). This kind of thing isn't taken too kindly where I'm from and people will shun such people, treat them badly, and some might even kill them. I've been forsaken by many of my 'friends', many family members, school mates etc. All I want to do now is to love those who would probably want to see me dead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Truth10,

GBU Truth10

Not coworkers, but neighbours, people from other towns and neighbourhoods, former friends etc... You see about nearly a year ago, this group of youths started this rumour about me being some kind of radical homosexual (when I'm a straight christian). This kind of thing isn't taken too kindly where I'm from and people will shun such people, treat them badly, and some might even kill them. I've been forsaken by many of my 'friends', many family members, school mates etc. All I want to do now is to love those who would probably want to see me dead.

I don't understand why family members, who would obviously know you well enough to understand your lifestyle, would think you were gay? You are talking about a lot of people in a 20 mile radius, and Barbados is well populated. Do you have any contact with Christians in your daily life?

@ Fez, I wonder the same thing. I'm just as baffled as you. As for the distance, it was a rough guest. Tbh, I just think it's the adversaries working against me. So many irrational things have happened, that I've just learned to accept it. I even think it might just be God's plan for me to love my enemies, and to renounce the world once and for all.

Edited by truth10

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Hello truth10 , welcome , will be keeping you in prayer 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Welcome to Worthy! Hope you enjoy the fellowship here. :thumbsup:

What are the chances you could move somewhere else and start fresh?

Praying for you.

God bless,

GE