IGNORED

What do you think about breastfeeding? Cover or no cover?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

From the Word.

1 Corinthians 8

But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.

<snip>

13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

Romans 14

13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Matthew 18:9

"If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.

That is one solution...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Are you also going to tell me what I should or should not be feeding my children?

Not even close to the same situation, Justin.  No one would be offended if you fed your kids happy meals at McDonalds.  Apples and oranges.

Yes MG. Perhaps not the same thing. But is breast milk food?

Yes, absolutely.  But it is delivered in a much different way than the happy meals. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Regarding varying positions I think Neb had a good illustration of what we do...

I. Two Strong Tendencies that Nullify Grace

Along this train of thought -

There was a song that came out back in the 70's: "And they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I've often marveled, though, at how this principle never seemed to manifest itself in the Body of Christ.

Rather, it has seemed:  "And they'll know we are Christians by our obsession with sin."

It's like a problem I have. For some reason, I got into the habit of pinching the zits on my face. It turned into an addiction where I feel better from squeezing oil out of my face. So I look for zits and blackheads and any potential pocket of oil to squeeze out. So what that it damages my face, I'm getting the nasty oil out!

This seems to be what we are like as the body of Christ. We don't see the beauty of the face, we see the nasty zits and we look close up for the nasty oil because it feels so good to eliminate it. And then we believe that eliminating the oil is love, even though it leaves behind wounds and swollen tissue, rather than believing love is covering over the zit or treat it in a way that brings healing in its own time and way.

Very nicely put!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Regarding varying positions I think Neb had a good illustration of what we do...

I. Two Strong Tendencies that Nullify Grace

Along this train of thought -

There was a song that came out back in the 70's: "And they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I've often marveled, though, at how this principle never seemed to manifest itself in the Body of Christ.

Rather, it has seemed:  "And they'll know we are Christians by our obsession with sin."

It's like a problem I have. For some reason, I got into the habit of pinching the zits on my face. It turned into an addiction where I feel better from squeezing oil out of my face. So I look for zits and blackheads and any potential pocket of oil to squeeze out. So what that it damages my face, I'm getting the nasty oil out!

This seems to be what we are like as the body of Christ. We don't see the beauty of the face, we see the nasty zits and we look close up for the nasty oil because it feels so good to eliminate it. And then we believe that eliminating the oil is love, even though it leaves behind wounds and swollen tissue, rather than believing love is covering over the zit or treat it in a way that brings healing in its own time and way.

Very nicely put!

This is the heart of the matter: Why do we feel like elminating the oil (being judgemental towards nursing mothers in this case saying she's immodest if she doesn't cover up, etc) is love and forget the wounds and swollen tissue (nursing mothers and babies have needs, feelings, etc. are people too deserving love, grace, respect, etc)? Why don't we give people (in particular nursing mothers and their babies) more love and grace - particularly on non-salvation issues?  :help:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

17 pages of breast feeding dialog I'd say that pretty much falls into the category of a christian bureaucracy in progress.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

17 pages of breast feeding dialog I'd say that pretty much falls into the category of a christian bureaucracy in progress.

OK, do you have a solution?

:laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

yes... a bare breast in public should have a baby attached to it

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

you just have to get the baby to attach without showing the world your nipple, right?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

you just have to get the baby to attach without showing the world your nipple, right?

:emot-LOL: Human dignity really is an oxymoron!