I'm in love and it won't go away

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So I met this girl at a Christian youth conference. I got a deep spiritual connection with her and together with her I was able to renew my faith in Jesus. Before this conference I was very ill and was sent to the hospital many times due to lung and heart diseases. So the time after this conference was the first time in 5 years that I am free from any disease.

Here comes the problem. I got some serious heartache, so I went to the hospital. But I later found out that nothing was wrong with the heart. I was in love. From when I realized It was love and not sickness I felt quite happy. But now after 7 weeks of sleepless nights it's getting kind of weary. If she enters my mind I can't get her out. If I see a picture of her my heart aches. Now when the semester starts I'm moving to the city where she lives and I will join the same church as well. (This was planned before I met her.) When I see her in real life I avoid her as much as possible because it feels like my heart catches fire and I have a hard time breathing even when I just see her in the corner of my eye.

I have prayed to God almost every night that he should remove my feeling because it's getting out of hand. If you can give any tips of what I can do or just a simple prayer for me, I would be thankful.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/25/1996

A

Edited by Benjnagy

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/25/1996

A

Edited by Benjnagy

seems like a good thing

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If your truly in love then why run from it-sounds like a good time to take her out and tell her what your feeling. If she says shes not interested, well then your out of luck. But she may think the same about you. You have nothing to lose-if she says no your in the same boat your in now. If she says yes well you just may have found your mate for life. :-D

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So I met this girl at a Christian youth conference. I got a deep spiritual connection with her and together with her I was able to renew my faith in Jesus. Before this conference I was very ill and was sent to the hospital many times due to lung and heart diseases. So the time after this conference was the first time in 5 years that I am free from any disease.

Here comes the problem. I got some serious heartache, so I went to the hospital. But I later found out that nothing was wrong with the heart. I was in love. From when I realized It was love and not sickness I felt quite happy. But now after 7 weeks of sleepless nights it's getting kind of weary. If she enters my mind I can't get her out. If I see a picture of her my heart aches. Now when the semester starts I'm moving to the city where she lives and I will join the same church as well. (This was planned before I met her.) When I see her in real life I avoid her as much as possible because it feels like my heart catches fire and I have a hard time breathing even when I just see her in the corner of my eye.

I have prayed to God almost every night that he should remove my feeling because it's getting out of hand. If you can give any tips of what I can do or just a simple prayer for me, I would be thankful.

that's the way i feel about my wife.... 

i waited several months before I asked her out for fear of being rejected......  that would have been 44 years ago......I still feel that way most days even though we've been married for 43 years.  She's in the next room and just reading your post gives me warm feelings in my heart.

Pat's right, just talk to her and tell her you're really interested.

Thanks for your responses guys. I do want to have a relationship with her. Ever since I met her for the first time I've been imagining events of our lives if we were to wound up together. But I'm afraid that these strong feelings is something that will wear off. I've never been in love before so I don't know if she is my true love. I personally wanted to wait a few more years to fall in love, but at the same time I have a strong need to be loved. You see: I have been giving all my life without having anything in return. This goes in everything from buying friends a meal to walking an extra hour to comfort a friend who's feeling blue. I do feel blessed when helping others all the time but I'm getting tired of running out of money because of my generosity and never being cared about. So to sum it up: I want to make her my girl with all my heart. But my low self esteem tells me that I can't be in a relationship because I'm not super fit yet or I haven't got the looks to deserve her.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Yoni...My heart is just so wonderful right now...

Praying you will have the right words...Just get it out of the darkness into His Marvelous Light...Amazing what can happen...I know we like to bask in the wonderfulness of it all but then sometimes we just have to be urged to go forward...If we aren't moving forward we are backing up...

I see it as how amazing our God works...We have to do this by faith-before He can get us into position to do the next thing He needs done...Wow...Did I say How Amazing God Is...Did I say How Much He Loves you? Whew...It's alot!!!

I should add that I wrote a love poem to her after we'd been friends for a week. She loved it and thanked me so much. So she knows that I'm in love with her but I get the feeling that she doesn't want a relationship. She haven't told me to back off. Nor has she accepted my relationship request. She acts as if I haven't declared my love for her at all.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Women are looking for a best friend. My advice is to email her often and just work on being her best friend. Do what is best for her. That is how God loves us. She is not ready to get serious so wait and become her best friend.

Seek the Lord with all of your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Our pastor told how he prayed for a certain girl and he really wanted to marry her. God told him no. He didn't understand why but when he saw her at his 20 th school reunion he did understand. She no longer loves God. In addition she looks 15 years older that she is because she has chosen a life of sin. God doesn't always give us what we want because He knows how people will turn out. The woman he married is so CUTE! She is bubblely, full of fun, and just what he needed to balance him. Her beauty is on the inside and she just radiates God's love and joy. He is still deeply in love with her.

When we got married we were both too young. We needed to get steady jobs and live on our own for a while to learn basic budgeting and other survival skills. We needed to know each other's families better.. His dad was very controlling and hated christians and they did not approve of me. Doing these things would have made life so much easier. We would have been mature enough to learn how to handle it all and maybe get some counseling about it. As it is we survived but the first 10 years were torture. We have been married 50 years but I would have done it differently and opted for a long engagement were I to do it again.