• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

A friend has just installed and electric fence around his house (not unusual in South Africa). It is there to keep burglars, stray dogs, etc, out.

He said to his son (8 years old). "Don't touch the fence, it will shock you". His son reached out his hand and Neville said again, "don't it will shock you". He walked towards the garage and left his son at the fence, knowing what was coming....

There was a shriek and tears, and his son was sitting on the ground crying.

Neville told his son, knew what his son was going to do, and let him do it out of free will, because he knew there was a valuable life lesson to be learned (not just about non lethal electric fences, but about listening when you are given valuable advice). If he had dragged his son away, told him again, and left for work, the result would have been the same, unless he restrained his son 24/7. Or he could have made his son touch the wire, thrown him against it.

God has spoken through His word, He has told us, and He has given us the choice to accept Him or not.

He already knew what we would choose, because he knows everything, present, past and future about us.

The concept of God knowing everything about you because your life is already history to Him, is difficult to accept, but you are given a choice, everyone is.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

He creates everyone with an opportunity to know Him. Why? Because He loves people!

So he creates babies every day because he loves people, even though he already knows the babies turned adults will one day go to hell? How is that love. I'm just not seeing it. For example, that's like baking two batches of cookies. The first batch is yummy and is going to heaven. The other batch of cookies is cursed with cyanide and is going to hell. Even though I knew the second batch of cookies was cursed, I baked them anyway and served them to people.

Yes. He also leaves man to his own devices, having given him self-determination---will, which he uses to procreate.

It is immeasurable love that gives every single person his own identity, as a part of the great Creation of God, which He loves, and which He called good. It is an honour to have been thought of by God before I was ever born. To appreciate that, one must know Him, and everyone is given that very opportunity. To squander it with thoughts of worldly nonsense, such as atheism and New Ageism, etc. is not God's fault.

God doesn't bake a batch of good cookies and bad. Everyone makes his choice to either serve the King or not. That is the result of the use of the supreme gift of self-will.

God doesn't bake a batch of good cookies and bad. Everyone makes his choice to either serve the King or not. That is the result of the use of the supreme gift of self-will.

But he does bake a batch of good and bad cookies, because he already knows which one's are the bad one's even before he bakes them. God is omniscient.

But he does bake a batch of good and bad cookies, because he already knows which one's are the bad one's even before he bakes them. God is omniscient.

No He doesn't. That is your human mind thinking, rather than believing God, and that all He does is good.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

God doesn't want anyone to perish, which remains a good wish as He also said that His sheep will only be saved through the narrow gate.

No He doesn't. That is your human mind thinking, rather than believing God, and that all He does is good.

Well do you have another definition of omniscient? I'm confused again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

That's how free will works. God created a mechanism for humans to reproduce. Most humans are reproduced as a will of their parents.

Well do you have another definition of omniscient? I'm confused again.

Do you realize that God being omniscient doesn't mean that He is in the driver's seat in all things?

Do you realize that God being omniscient doesn't mean that He is in the driver's seat in all things?

But he knows who is going to heaven and hell before he creates people. Knowing and doing something about it are two different things. Not only does God continue to create babies, but he also created Lucifer knowing he would eventually fall. (Example: From God's perspective - I know that Bob Smith will get shot and die walking home from the drug store today, but even though I knew I didn't do anything about it. I created Bob Smith in his mothers womb 25 years ago, but before I created him I already knew he would die from a gunshot wound and go to hell. Why did I create him? Because I love him, even though he bled to death and went to hell. Bob smith was also married and had two children.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

But he knows who is going to heaven and hell before he creates people. Knowing and doing something about it are two different things. Not only does God continue to create babies, but he also created Lucifer knowing he would eventually fall. (Example: From God's perspective - I know that Bob Smith will get shot and die walking home from the drug store today, but even though I knew I didn't do anything about it. I created Bob Smith in his mothers womb 25 years ago, but before I created him I already knew he would die from a gunshot wound and go to hell. Why did I create him? Because I love him, even though he bled to death and went to hell. Bob smith was also married and had two children.

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I tried to get you to consider what true pure love is and is not. The answer lies there.

If God thought it was best to create just believers, there would be no choice in the matter and Jesus would of come for nothing. This is not His way of being with those whom He loves and whom love Him back. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and meditate on what it says.