IGNORED

Will Syria be another American misadventure?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes it will.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

What are the United States' goals with regards to the Middle East?  Can anyone tell me?

Do you mean the US or Pres. Obama?

Obama's pattern has been strengthening anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I don't consider this to be something the majority of the US wants.

Most opinion polls would seem to support your (and my) view.

I wonder - is it too much to ask that a US president have the best interests of the nation he leads at heart?

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Most opinion polls would seem to support your (and my) view.

I wonder - is it too much to ask that a US president have the best interests of the nation he leads at heart?

Blessings!

-Ed

No, Ed, it's not too much at all.  We need to learn from the past and stay OUT of their tribal wars.  They're hopelessly stuck in the Dark Ages in most of the M.E. anyway.  I say let them do the work for us, and Israel; let them kill each other off.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

keep in mind that those who don't study and learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Unfortunately it seems that those of us who do are doomed to have to watch those who don't repeat it anyway....   I don't ever remember being so frustrated at what I (and looks like most of the rest of you) can see coming.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I think that Syria is a no-win situation, and the U.S. should stay out of it. Getting rid of Assad might mean giving chemical weapons to terrorists who will in turn use them on Israel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think that Syria is a no-win situation, and the U.S. should stay out of it. Getting rid of Assad might mean giving chemical weapons to terrorists who will in turn use them on Israel.

or us

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

The Arms Control Treaty was signed by just about every Nation the UN recognizes.   In 1925, the Geneva Conference led to the banning of Chemical Weapons, but it was not until after WW II that the UN was set up as a body that would promote world peace

The first agreement was signed in 1675 by France and the Holy Roman Empire that stated prohibition of poison bullets in war. In 1925, 135 states signed an agreement, known as the Geneva Protocol, that banned the use of “asphyxiating, poisonous or other Gases, and bacteriological methods of warfare.”

In 1972, 162 states signed an agreement at the Biological Weapons Convention which stated “Banned app forms of biological warfare.  While not a chemical arms treaty, it was the result of discussions on both chemical and biological weapons and an important stepping stone towards chemical weapons agreement.

In 1993, 165 states signed an agreement at the Chemical Weapons Convention that “Prohibited the “development, production, acquisition, retention, stockpiling, transfer and use of all chemical weapons.”  This remained open for signatures until April 29, 1997, which at this time it was entered into force.     This is when the beginning for the destruction of such weapons began its planning stage.  States that were not party to this are: Angola, Burma, Egypt, Israel, North Korea, Somalia and Syria.

Almost all countries in the world have joined the Chemical Weapons Convention.  Currently 188 of the 195 states recognized by the United Nation are party to the CWC.  Of the seven states that are not, two have signed but not yet ratified the Treaty (Burma and Israel) and five states have not signed the treaty (Angola, North Korea, Egypt, Somalis and Syria).

My question is, were are the 188 states, or recognized countries, now when this has been violated.  The one road block I can see is that Syria never agreed to this treaty.  The world would have to force their moralities on a nation that refused to take part.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Isaiah 17 does tell us that Damascus will be destroyed.  I wonder if this is how it is done?

Possibly.That is what I have been thinking. :unsure:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

or us

Chemical weapons on us.Thousands killed :( I wonder where they would hit?New York?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

or us

Chemical weapons on us.Thousands killed :( I wonder where they would hit?New York?

D.C. would be the first target.