OneWithGod

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is right from God's Word - a person needs to be holy, otherwise they will never see the Lord.

I am trying to have you be saved onto eternity for God's glory and for your own good by believing in God's Truth and leave the lies of the devil behind. Please listen, your eternity depends on it. God is sending you a message. Please don't reject it, but come to believe in Christ and His full salvation before it is to late.

There is no one human being who is holy. The only One who was perfect (holy) was and is Jesus Christ.

Salvation isn't dependent on our holiness as human beings but on God's grace in giving us the faith to believe. :thumbsup:

You bring a dangerous, false Gospel friend.

I don't really fit fully into any denomination or movement of today, but the Wesleyan and Nazarene doctrines come the closest to the Truth God has given me. Even the Wesleyans and Nazarenes have left the holiness movement and their own doctrinal beliefs. Even though I don't match these holiness doctrines exactly, God is using me to try to bring these churches back to holiness again.

Right. So underlined in both these quotes of what you've said you are a self-proclaimed prophet of God? I don't think so. The Holy Spirit living in me rejects your teachings.

Matthew 7:15

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Peter 2:1

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Eph. 5:11

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

2 Cor. 11:13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Your words in this thread bring bondage and not freedom friend. Nobody can obtain perfection this side of Christ's Second return.

God bless you.

Praying for God to open your eyes,

GE

Bondage is realative to the context.

I offer Christ's true gospel that can free a person of all sinful bondage - if that is what you desire, then I can help you be "set free indeed", but if you think God's Truth brings bondage, because your goal is to get to heaven instead of being holy and free of sin, then I can totally understand how God's Truth is offensive to you. God's Truth convicts people to change into a Christ-like being, but if this is not someone's goal, than the gospel of Christ is not the good news, but a chain around their necks.

By the way my eyes are very open and I am walking in God's light where I no longer stumble and sin against God. The only ones that still are in the dark are the ones that are still stumbling and falling, because their eyes are not open to God's Truth, but walking in the darkness of lies.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

This is right from God's Word - a person needs to be holy, otherwise they will never see the Lord.

I am trying to have you be saved onto eternity for God's glory and for your own good by believing in God's Truth and leave the lies of the devil behind. Please listen, your eternity depends on it. God is sending you a message. Please don't reject it, but come to believe in Christ and His full salvation before it is to late.

There is no one human being who is holy. The only One who was perfect (holy) was and is Jesus Christ.

Salvation isn't dependent on our holiness as human beings but on God's grace in giving us the faith to believe. :thumbsup:

I don't really fit fully into any denomination or movement of today, but the Wesleyan and Nazarene doctrines come the closest to the Truth God has given me. Even the Wesleyans and Nazarenes have left the holiness movement and their own doctrinal beliefs. Even though I don't match these holiness doctrines exactly, God is using me to try to bring these churches back to holiness again.

Right. So underlined in both these quotes of what you've said you are a self-proclaimed prophet of God? I don't think so. The Holy Spirit living in me rejects your teachings.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Your words in this thread bring bondage and not freedom friend. Nobody can obtain perfection this side of Christ's Second return.

God bless you.

GE

I offer Christ's true gospel that can free a person of all sinful bondage - if that is what you desire, then I can help you be "set free indeed", but if you think God's Truth brings bondage, because your goal is to get to heaven instead of being holy and free of sin, then I can totally understand how God's Truth is offensive to you. God's Truth convicts people to change into a Christ-like being, but if this is not someone's goal, than the gospel of Christ is not the good news, but a chain around their necks.

By the way my eyes are very open and I am walking in God's light where I no longer stumble and sin against God. The only ones that still are in the dark are the ones that are still stumbling and falling, because their eyes are not open to God's Truth, but walking in the darkness of lies.

Gods truth, brought by the Holy Spirit, changes a person. It is the Holy Spirits job to convict, teach, etc. Be careful you are not trying to do the job of the Holy Spirit as no person can do what the Holy Spirit sent by God was sent to do.

You are correct that only the Holy are saved, but all who believe on Jesus completed work are already holy, and those who do not believe on Jesus do not need you to make them holy, they need you to share the message of salvation. The message of salvation is not a message of being holy but that Jesus died for sin, was buried and rose again.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

God bless you.

GE

My goal is to honor God is all I do. You do not offer Christ's true gospel friend.

As far as being open to God's Truth (from your perspective) but walking in the darkness of lies... Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and see perhaps if you are struggling with the sin of pride? I know I do at times. But God is good and faithful even when I'm not.

And no God's love through truth found in Christ and the moving of the Holy Spirit convicts people to change. Are you trying to be the Holy Spirit in people's lives?

See post #51. Qtns2 explains further. We are made "perfect" by being made whole in jesus Christ - made alive and adopted into God's family. We are not, however, as others have pointed out sinless this side of Christ's second return.

God's truth brings freedom - salvation is a free gift of God (God's change in our lives) not of works (us "acting" holy - because that is really all it is an act) so that anyone can boast ("Look at me! I'm free of sin!"). Yes, Christ convicts people to change through His Holy Spirit in our lives. But that is God's work.

Eph 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Wasn't Lucifer claiming to be perfect - like God? What happened to him?

Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Gods truth, brought by the Holy Spirit, changes a person. It is the Holy Spirits job to convict, teach, etc. Be careful you are not trying to do the job of the Holy Spirit as no person can do what the Holy Spirit sent by God was sent to do.

You are correct that only the Holy are saved, but all who believe on Jesus completed work are already holy, and those who do not believe on Jesus do not need you to make them holy, they need you to share the message of salvation. The message of salvation is not a message of being holy but that Jesus died for sin, was buried and rose again.

Exactly Qnts2 :thumbsup: The message of Christ is about our need for God's grace as we cannot save ourselves but must rely on a perfect Savior.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

What's a carnal Christian?

Sorry if we ignored you, Enoc, A carnal Christian is discribed in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4. In short it is a baby Christian or one who is new in the faith. Some grow faster than others, but the Corinthians especially were immature. V. 3 says for where there are envy, strife and divisions among you, are you not carnal, but behaving like mere men? So those who CAUSE divisions among you, such as those who cause church splits as was happening in Corinth, are behaving immaturly.

In 2 Timothy 2:23-26. But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servent of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God will grant them repentance so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. Some disputes are inconsequential and we are to avoid these.

Acts 17:17 Therefore he (Paul) reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshippers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there. NKJV Some are beneficial because they may lead people to Christ.

We have some great discussions on this forum, but we are still bound together by Christ's love. Normally we can respect each other even when we disagree. However our moderators, who are from all different churches, all pretty much disagree with One. That is a good indication that his doctrine is in error, especially since it is his own idea and he is claiming to have a special revelation not backed by any church. He is trying to set all of us straight but will not conform his own beliefs to Scripture. We have some fine moderators on this forum that I deeply respect.

1 Peter 3:16 NKJV, But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; (We should be able to defend and explain our beliefs)

Jude 3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once delivered to the saints. (We need to be diligent to refute false doctrine that may lead people astray and put them into bondage, such as did the Judaizers who imposed old testament law on believers and Paul refuted the false teachers, even accusing Peter before the elders in Jeruselem. Galatians 2:14, 21-3:3)

It is not bad to disagree. It is not bad to discuss. It is wrong to loose our cool and not do it in love and meakness, or to accuse people. Satan is the accuser of the brethern.

Exactly Qnts2 :thumbsup: The message of Christ is about our need for God's grace as we cannot save ourselves but must rely on a perfect Savior.

God bless,

GE

Have it your way. I will leave you alone to your own concept of truth. You should probably keep on believing what you think truth is, otherwise you couldn't stay confortable when you end up still sinning in your holiness.

Thanks for debating for awhile anyway.

God bless you.

GE

A person that is filled with the Holy Spirit will also do the Holy Spirit's work by bringing to light God's Truth. When people believe in God's Truth, then that Truth will set them free. I am always careful about what I share as Truth and it is always backed up by God's Word, even though God's Word doesn't convince a person to be holy if they don't desire to be holy. A un-holy person will almost always believe their own reasoning above God's Word, which makes God's Word worthless and without value to them, so the results of believing God's Truth (to be free of all sin/unrighteousness) never materializes because of their lack of belief/faith in God Truth.

"Without holiness, no one will see the Lord" - this is from the Holy Spirit. The un-holy will say they are covered by Christ's holiness, but instead a person must be filled with Christ's holiness to be holy. But will the selfish and sinful people believe this - NO - their first goal is to escape hell and being holy is an optional condition to the selfish.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I offer Christ's true gospel that can free a person of all sinful bondage

You being a false gospel. You add to scripture. You place conditions on people that are not according to the Lord. 

Titus 3

10 After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy,

11 knowing that he who is such has been perverted, and sins, being self-condemned.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

"Without holiness, no one will see the Lord" -

It is not our works that make us holy, but our faith. The Lord imparts righteousness on us because of faith. 

Romans 4 

1 ¶ What then shall we say that our father Abraham has found, according to flesh?

2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has a boast; but not before God.

3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."

4 But to him working, the reward is not reckoned according to grace, but according to debt.

5 But to him not working, but believing on Him justifying the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also says of the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness without works,

saying , "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;

8 blessed is the man to whom the Lord will in no way impute sin."

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

wow,  this is the first time I've seen this thread.... 

i don't think I've ever met anyone who considered themselves sinless after being saved   I think even Paul would be impressed.  not that I would disagree that we should strive towards holiness but to claim success in this life is interesting.

hummm, not of works least anyone should boast....  that pretty much rings a bell with me Sheba.