• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Actually if we seek God with all: heart, mind, strength forsaking any distraction you shall know the truth

and that truth will set you free of possibly thinking about the canonicity of enoch-> these two verses

build this truth within us...

Jer 29:13

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
KJV

This finding is one of Spiritual reality! As you read the Word of God-> knowing<- it is the truth and contains

the way to know God Spiritually; faith will flow into your being so that it becomes ridiculous to you to need

any other verification but that Word received!  That is when God and you have personally made contact in

your being as (I love you son and I love you Father) and after that -ooooh la la- it is life as never before and

there is simply nothing, 'NOTHING' that compares to this life in Him! It is like for the first time even the breath

that you took was so very special because it was granted specific to you by God and it does not matter that
you have had  372,768,000 before! We are no longer enslaved by the used too_s ... simply we no longer

take God or what He has done for granted!

John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are

My disciples indeed.  32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
NKJV

This freedom 'IS' succinctly to be immersed into perfect, a Love without any bounds in The Boundless Person

of God...  when this light is in you -you know- you have eternity to worship Him and you will need every moment

of that eternity to do so... it shall be purest delight both to Our Lord and Us!    Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I think if you need some man made authoritative body to determine what is truth and what is not truth, your relationship with Christ may not be as far along as you may think.

2 Corinthians 5:7

(NKJV)

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Edited by Enoc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sister Silvia:

The Book of Enoch and the Book of Jubilees are both cited by New Testament authors. I would not canonize them, but I would certainly read them as I would a Bible commentary, to illuminate other biblical texts. Just as we Gentile beievers miss part of the meaning of many things in the Ministry of Jesus because we are unfamiluiar with the Jewish Talmud.....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I think if you need some man made authoritative body to determine what is truth and what is not truth, your relationship with Christ may not be as far along as you may think.

(NKJV)

I am curious to understand what you mean by "man made authoritative body"?  All through scripture, God uses other people to work in lives of those who needs correction.  It is He who chooses who will deliver a corrective message.  It is He who works in people through His Spirit.  We are to test the (S)pirits to see if they are from Him or not, and when found to be from Him, we do need to listen.  If we refuse to listen because we disagree, then the question arises as to who or Who is on the throne of our lives?

People refer to commentaries, which are not canonized either.  To quote from any book does not make it equal to scripture.

Maybe I don't understand what you are referring to, but not everything ever quoted had to be from scripture.  It is possible that some facts quested do line up with scripture without the book itself being scripture.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

What’s your opinion about the book of  Enoch

I read the book of  Enoch long time ago

And I always thought it was just the fairy tale

But recently days I am amazingly find that it is in the dead sea scrolls

And I am confused

It is too difficult to believe it is true

So I want to hear your opinion

my opinion is most Christians today wouldn't be able to handle any of the old testament prophets if God sent them back today, they would more than likely not be accepted, those guys could see into the spiritual world, infiltrate enemy camps with their ears, see visions of UFO's, float axes to the surface using a stick, cause the rain to stop and cause plagues, call fire down from heaven, cause bears to maul disrespectful teenagers, bring dead people back to life, they dealt with the supernatural on a daily basis, producing huge amounts of oil from a little, running faster than any human has run. Lets just face it Enoch and the rest of the Prophets of God are just to spooky, they know way to much about satan and demons and what they have done and are going to do.

actually I'm surprised that they were not edited out of the text completely. you have to remember Enoch was along time ago, in a time when even Job confirms the no longer existent animals such as dinosaurs and dragons, and unicorns, I believe the fallen angels were allowed a longer leash back then, and they did some pretty weird stuff

It really supports the notion that God grieved that he had ever made man, since they were so easily led away from God and the truth, and that the fallen angels had corrupted humanity so completely that only Noah and his sons were left.

like the Jews and Christians today the first thing to do is discredit them, and if this doesn't work kill them, then discredit anyone who believed what they said

It is canon in the Ethiopic Church, was referenced as scripture by Church Fathers such as Tertullian, Justin Martyr, Iranaeus, Origen, and Clement of Alexandria.  It was banned by the Council of Laodicea.   The list of books to be considered scripture was only one of the canons.  In all there were 60 canons. One of the canons was a strict order for Christians to work on Saturdays and only observe Sundays as the Lords Day.  Any Christian found resting on a Saturday was called a Judaizer and was to be stricken from the Church.  But let's know them by their fruit.  Under the watchful eye of this state approved counsel heretics were executed and pagans were tortured to death.  I am pretty sure that's not really the answer to WWJD?  So I've been puzzling for some years now, on what authority am I to accept this particular one of the 60 canons?

having been denied by the Laodicea's is not a very good character reference, they didn't seem to get a good report card from Jesus  

Sister Silvia:

The Book of Enoch and the Book of Jubilees are both cited by New Testament authors. I would not canonize them, but I would certainly read them as I would a Bible commentary, to illuminate other biblical texts. Just as we Gentile beievers miss part of the meaning of many things in the Ministry of Jesus because we are unfamiluiar with the Jewish Talmud.....

Personally I don't think any of the apostles would have equated their letters other than the four gospels, as to be held as Scripture or as we call it Cannon, the apostle Luke even defines his writing as a narrative and orderly account, I'm not saying it wasn't completely inspired by God, (It most definitely was!) I'm only saying in the context of the letters the author is not addressing the hearers "Thus saith the Lord" they are inspired by the Holy Spirit who lives in them to write them, but I think the authors themselves would be surprised at how high their letters are perceived in churches today.

I'm sure if you were a Cretan you would see this too.....lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

(NKJV)

I am curious to understand what you mean by "man made authoritative body"?  All through scripture, God uses other people to work in lives of those who needs correction.  It is He who chooses who will deliver a corrective message.  It is He who works in people through His Spirit.  We are to test the (S)pirits to see if they are from Him or not, and when found to be from Him, we do need to listen.  If we refuse to listen because we disagree, then the question arises as to who or Who is on the throne of our lives?

People refer to commentaries, which are not canonized either.  To quote from any book does not make it equal to scripture.

Maybe I don't understand what you are referring to, but not everything ever quoted had to be from scripture.  It is possible that some facts quested do line up with scripture without the book itself being scripture.

IMO, if one needs a text to be canonized in order for a text to be considered inspired scripture of GOD then they are putting limits on GOD. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

IMO, if one needs a text to be canonized in order for a text to be considered inspired scripture of GOD then they are putting limits on GOD. 

So do you not believe that the Bible was canonized by the various councils? (Councils of Carthage AD 397 and 419 for example)

Do you believe that God is still revealing Scripture to people today outside of the Bible?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

(NKJV)

You have it backwards.  God moved men to separate His true words from all others because they are His words, not to make them His words.  Nobody is placing any limits on God.