jetson

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Word of faith churches, such as John Hagee, Kenneth Copland, Kenneth Hagin and others teach that, when Christ was crucified, he took on our sin and was sent to hell, where satan tortured Him until God came down and rescued Him.  They are saying, sounds like He became a sinner.  If that was the case Christ died in vain and we have no savior.  That would make God the savior of Christ and we still have not been saved. 

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Would you like to cite your sources?  Anyone can write an opinion, but information and facts help persuade others of an opinion.

I'm not taking sides here, but I find it difficult to reply in a thread where accusations are made with no reference or reasons given as to why such a strong opinion has been formed

Just so you know, I am not WOF and do not practice those things, but I think if someone is going to start off a thread as you have, they might consider what responders might think

and perhaps give information  or even ask questions

Just something you might consider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I have not heard that one, but Wikipedia has a good outline of their teaching. I cannot believe that any person can speak anything into being like God did in creation. We are not little gods.

Fourty years ago I asked for prayer for healing of a whiplash. It was explained to me in a small group that I was to confess it was done because in God's time the healing had already been done. It made sense so I did. But on the way home God convicted me of having told a lie. He told me I can only testify to the things I have seen, heard, experienced or done. I had not seen or experienced my healing. I confessed my sin and again asked for God to heal me. That night the whiplash was gone. But I know in my own heart that the Word of Faith doctrine and prosperity doctrine are false. I have very good friends who attend there, but I cannot endorse their teaching and I warn people against such teaching. I have no doubt that many people there are true believers. God does manage to shield His own from error that is taught in churches.

Guest shiloh357

Would you like to cite your sources?  Anyone can write an opinion, but information and facts help persuade others of an opinion.

I'm not taking sides here, but I find it difficult to reply in a thread where accusations are made with no reference or reasons given as to why such a strong opinion has been formed

Just so you know, I am not WOF and do not practice those things, but I think if someone is going to start off a thread as you have, they might consider what responders might think

I used to live in Tulsa OK, and I worked around ORU students and Rhema Bible Training Center and they are both Word of Faith schools and what jetson teaches is true.  They teach that Jesus had to suffer in hell for our sins.  

I got a steady dose of this stuff from the people I worked with who were trying to "evangelize" me into coming to their WoF church.  They are heavy into Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Fred Price, Joyce Meyers and others who teach that Jesus suffered in hell as a sinner for our sins and was "born again" when he rose from the dead.  Copeland said that Jesus was the first man to be "born again."   It is some pretty heretical stuff.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Jetson,

Welcome to Worthy......glad you are here,,,,,,may God bless yoU!

I watch TBN and all three preachers you have mentioned are  telecast on that network....I am not looking to disrespect you or sound negative, but honestly, I have listened to those men preach for many years and I cannot recall ever hearing them say Jesus was tortured by satan,sent to hell,rescued by God or to even imply in any way that Jesus was a sinner.....now if that is your interpretation of what they have actually said then let me suggest you don't try to interpret but just listen word for word and take it as just that,AND ALWAYS  REFER TO YOUR BIBLE

These 3 teachers of the Word just happen to be full gospel preachers(meaning straight scripture)....they always tell you to open your Bible and read along and I suggest you do that,please don't take offense in what I am telling you...I am concerned that you are not listening or reading the Word and I care and want you to know that Jesus is your Savior and He loves you very much,so do I.

Jesus descended into hell(took the keys from satan & set the captives free).....He bore our sin in His very own sinless body.....He rose from the dead on the 3rd day and appeared to over 500 eye witnesses......He ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father and maKes continual intercession for us(you).....Jesus is Lord and Savior(He is the Way ,the Truth & the Life)If it were not for Him we could not come to the Father(He reconciled us)........Jesus died that you may have everlasting life........In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God ,and the Word is God(Jesus is God)

Please,read the Bible and ask the Lord to help you to receive the Word when the preacher preaches,,,AND MAKE SURE IT LINES UP WITH SCRIPTURE

With love,in Christ-KwikI

I have never heard this,never.....and I do not belong to their church......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I used to live in Tulsa OK, and I worked around ORU students and Rhema Bible Training Center and they are both Word of Faith schools and what jetson teaches is true.  They teach that Jesus had to suffer in hell for our sins.  

I got a steady dose of this stuff from the people I worked with who were trying to "evangelize" me into coming to their WoF church.  They are heavy into Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Fred Price, Joyce Meyers and others who teach that Jesus suffered in hell as a sinner for our sins and was "born again" when he rose from the dead.  Copeland said that Jesus was the first man to be "born again."   It is some pretty heretical stuff.

Thanks Shiloh...I actually am opposed to what they teach myself...but I was hoping to generate a little more meat on the bones so to speak

I'm not sure how to respond to : What a bunch of doodle Squat....LOL!  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

So....what does the Bible say about all of this?

So....what does the Bible say about all of this?

Short version: That much of the WoF teaching is not Biblical. Much of it is the "health and wealth" stuff that's common today also.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I have heard some of the ones mentioned speak and I can't find much of what they say as biblical. I think they are dangerous with a little bit of truth and a lot of false teachings. The one about being healed is really damaging. If you aren't healed it is because you don't have faith. I wonder where God's will is in all of this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I do believe that Jesus did go to Hades (Prison) for those three days but not to suffer but preach (I Peter 3:19; I Peter 4:6).   For on the day of Pentecost Peter did preached that Jesus flesh would not suffer corruption but this was not speaking of Jesus suffering as a sinner; but rather that He would be Resurrected; Acts 2:22-38; Psalms 16:10-11.