Hindsfeet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I went to church with a girl once that this passage terrified so bad, she wouldn't have kids.

I would not be concerned for my kids.They will not be here during the tribulation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Man, you obviously don't know what it is to run late in a pregnancy. lol. Aside from the discomfort of having 7 pounds bouncing on your bladder, the act can start the delivery. Some women have had a 2 hour trip in a car start delivery. Every slightest bump is magnafied like jello. However, I do know one lady who had been breaking horses up until the day she delivered. I am sure she wanted to get that kid out. I know women who have done all of the above to try to start delivery. Also, stress when we are nursing can hinder the production of milk for that new born. Yes, we all can do a lot of things if we have to but some things are extremely difficult--like bowling during that last trimester, or golf. Our center of gravity is not where it had been and our bellys get in the way of our swing. One lady who was accustomed to bicycle marathons quit at the first quarter mile due to the stress and was confined to bed afterwards to keep from miscarrying. The length that she would have to run may be the biggest obsticle--not just a 1/4 mile but several miles and into another nation. There are a few women that don't ever show that they are pregnant and I hate every one of them.

At least GOD has a little sympathy and understanding for pregnant women.

Man, you obviously don't know what it is to run late in a pregnancy. lol. Aside from the discomfort of having 7 pounds bouncing on your bladder, the act can start the delivery. Some women have had a 2 hour trip in a car start delivery. Every slightest bump is magnafied like jello. However, I do know one lady who had been breaking horses up until the day she delivered. I am sure she wanted to get that kid out. I know women who have done all of the above to try to start delivery. Also, stress when we are nursing can hinder the production of milk for that new born. Yes, we all can do a lot of things if we have to but some things are extremely difficult--like bowling during that last trimester, or golf. Our center of gravity is not where it had been and our bellys get in the way of our swing. One lady who was accustomed to bicycle marathons quit at the first quarter mile due to the stress and was confined to bed afterwards to keep from miscarrying. The length that she would have to run may be the biggest obsticle--not just a 1/4 mile but several miles and into another nation. There are a few women that don't ever show that they are pregnant and I hate every one of them.

At least GOD has a little sympathy and understanding for pregnant women.

"But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!"

I don't believe this verse has anything to do with personal comfort. A pregnant woman, regardless of how far along she is, can outperform most people that are burdened with physical disabilities. Unless the woman is confined to a bed, her advantages far outweigh those of the disabled.

Pregnant women and nursing mothers are specifically mentioned. There is going to be a future event that involves these women and only these women. The phrase "woe to those" indicates extreme hardship for these women. Something very bad is going to take place.

We can only speculate what that "bad something" is. The Lord is warning us. Something terribly wrong and destructive is coming and those who are nursing or with child need to be extremely cautious and watchful. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I went to church with a girl once that this passage terrified so bad, she wouldn't have kids.

I would not be concerned for my kids.They will not be here during the tribulati

What about my poor kids that will be here until pre-wrath?

I would not be concerned for my kids.They will not be here during the tribulati

What about my poor kids that will be here until pre-wrath?

That is only your interpretation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I think this is dealing with the tribulation.Not only will adults lifes be a nightmare but so will the childrens lives.

Correct. During the tribulation no one will be exempt from the horror that the world will experience during these seven years. I believe in the rapture all babies and children under the age of accountability will be taken. But everyone else who is old enough to have made a decision for Christ will be left behind.  There will be many saved during this time but they will still be in danger.  That is why it is so important for us to make that decision for Christ now while there is still time. 

I think this is dealing with the tribulation.Not only will adults lifes be a nightmare but so will the childrens lives.

Correct. During the tribulation no one will be exempt from the horror that the world will experience during these seven years. I believe in the rapture all babies and children under the age of accountability will be taken. But everyone else who is old enough to have made a decision for Christ will be left behind.  There will be many saved during this time but they will still be in danger.  That is why it is so important for us to make that decision for Christ now while there is still time. 

Yes,it just does not make sense to me for Him to leave the children who He loves so much.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Matt 24:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth , let him understand) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be .

Upon the time of the abomination of desolation, I understand this to be when the Israelites must flee - according to traditional teaching, I recall they flee to Petra <correct me if I'm wrong-according to traditional teaching>.  I can understand the praying that the flight be not in winter <cold journey, few available provisions> and that it not be on the sabbath <sabbath rules - x # of steps? highways closed?>, but those who are pregnant or nursing, this has always plagued me. WHY? I can understand not being able to flee quickly, or as conveniently as one who does not have young children (and why doesnt He mention those with toddlers if it were solely on account of fleeing Quickly?)

Your thoughts?

Civilization was very different then. There were no vehicles, phones, technology. Status and individual worth were measured so much differently too. Perhaps this reference to expecting mothers and nursing mothers could be seen in various ways. 

1. Women in those times were property more so than people with value. If indeed a time of tribulation, it is likely a number of these same women were widows. When a woman became a widow in biblical times it was likely not too far off from being abandoned. For unless a member of the dead husband's family took her in, she was to likely risk returning to her own family. Or pray to find herself another husband who was willing to take on another man's sons or daughters.

2. War times were pretty rough on the common people back then. War knew no innocents. For even the innocents perished with those that fought and suffered defeat. It was also not uncommon for victorious nations to make an example out of the defeated nation by wiping out entire cities. Perhaps the reference to women and children is a metaphor of such indifference? 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Civilization was very different then.

That's a good point, too.

Women back then didn't have baby formula, bottles, disposable diapers, diaper wipes, pacifiers, and a whole lot of other conveniences we have now.

Try being on the run with a young baby that needs to be breastfed every hour or two - and what do you do about diapers?

And Willamina is correct - a male figure trying to tell a woman that being pregnant is no burden or heartache is ridiculous.

Yes, there are women that handle pregnancy well, but there are women who don't. My SIL for example during her last pregnancy had a very difficult time keeping any food down. As a result, she had minimal energy to function during the day. Try being on the run with that problem!

Of course, that leads to the another issue - nutrition. Men who've had pregnant wives - what would you do if you were on the run with your pregnant wife and she had cravings for certain food?  (Guys, you want to share any stories of what it's like to have a pregnant wife with cravings?)

Their will be terrible diseases.Maybe even boils all over the skin and maybe worse.Try and breast feed a baby with that.I am majorly speculating.