• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Maybe it is just what this world wants to see. :noidea:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/showbiz/witch-trend/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

Sorry, Edward Cullen. Catch you later, Damon Salvatore. And all of you Walkers can take a hike.

After several years of success with vampires, zombies and (to a lesser extent) werewolves, Hollywood now can't seem to get enough of witches.

Lifetime debuted its high-profile series "Witches of East End" on Sunday night, and tonight comes the premiere of the third season of "American Horror Story," also focusing on witchcraft, subtitled "Coven."

On the big screen this year, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz bewitched James Franco in the smash hit movie "Oz the Great and Powerful."

Even the CW's much-hyped "Vampire Diaries" spinoff, "The Originals," focuses on spell-casters in a big way.

And this is all taking place while there is a Halloween season surge in popularity for Disney's "Hocus Pocus," celebrating its 20th anniversary.

What's behind this interest in witchcraft on the big and small screens, right as we approach the 50th anniversary of "Bewitched," no less?

"Witchy women with magical mysterious powers suggest a wealth of storylines," said TV critic Ed Bark.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Last days entertainment...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

wicca is the fastest growing religion in the US today.  don't know if Hollywood is cashing in on it or causing it.

I would say both!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

All too common especially around liberal circles.  I can't tell you how many women I have met over my lifetime that claimed to be a wiccan.  My city is super-hyper liberal to a sickening level.  Unfortunately many women don't even know what they are fooling with.  There's male witches too, not to discriminate, but it targets women.

Sadly it has been pushed as an alternative for religion and many are seduced.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I live in California, I know how weird Hollywood is.  As a Christian I don't believe in witches or spells but if I did it would answer a lot of questions about that town and the people in it.

All too common especially around liberal circles.  I can't tell you how many women I have met over my lifetime that claimed to be a wiccan.  My city is super-hyper liberal to a sickening level.  Unfortunately many women don't even know what they are fooling with.  There's male witches too, not to discriminate, but it targets women.

Sadly it has been pushed as an alternative for religion and many are seduced.

I have baptized three previous Wiccans and lost count of the converted ATHIESTs. In listening to their main objections to things related to Christianity, seem to be people like yourself (no offense).

The Great Commission comes first with me. I don't care what bus they arrived on, as long as they got here.

A "Liberal City" in Texas?

I live in Tennessee with the most utterly corrupt draconian politicians in the universe. Almost humorous unless you live here. GOD love them, it's all small change and they're harmless, but they sure try all day long to do harm.

I know you don't mean any offense, but I still don't understand; could you clarify please?

I don't know if Will from Texas has ever said a judgmental word to these women, why have you assumed he has?  Why are you judging him yourself, do you know him personally enough to make that call?  How do you know he's not evangelizing?  Or not showing love?  I didn't get any of that information from his post.

Think about these things, please.

Welcome to Worthy, acchokiefan.  God bless you.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zion,

Hey Sis,am I missing something?I don't see any accockiefan,was something removed?Any way,Will said nothing offensive to anyone & having been a former witch(I still gotta laugh at the term wicca,I suppose it sounds less threatening?)anyway,he is right....it does target women & the majority have no clue what they are getting into....the first clue is when they refer to themselves as "wicca"-lol

Whoever thinks our Brother Will to be discrimminatory is very wrong,just in reading his posts so far & engaging in many a discussion with him ,I think he's a gentleman & very respectful of women!But best of all hes a man passionate for Jesus,glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I hid posts that were direct personal attacks on Will.