IGNORED

Question: Is the time of your death set in stone?

Angel12011985

Ecc 9:11-12  I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.  (12)  For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

Good post.   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to All,

Man does not know much of anything,let alone the day of his final departure from this earth as the Word of God clearly tells us(Brother ninhao has provided that for us) and though it is not God that drives a person to suicide to meet a specific date.....our Great,Loving,Infinite & All Knowing God does know that date and so I would say,it is written in stone.....just saying

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

It matters not whether it's set in stone or not..The Lord already knows. 

What matters is.... that you be ready  when that day arrives.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

yes being ready ...is ...the most important thing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

GOD does not exsist in time he is eternal.

As far as your birth and death dates being written in stone, I tend not to agree. IMO if GOD does not exsist in time Kronos, but in eternity Kiros, then your birth and death is more event driven as opose to time driven. 

Scripture states that one day is like a thousand years to GOD. So he knows when you are going to enter and leave the world, but an actual date maybe important to us but to him its a done deal regardless.

Edited by Enoc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

It is hard to say. We humans do things that can cut our lives short so to speak. Sometimes we make bad choices that lead to our death. Sometimes other people make bad choices that lead to our death. But I think that God knows all the choices we will face, and knows what the outcome will be of each choice. I have never believed in fate. I think we are responsible for the decisions we make. So in answering the question. I guess I really do not know.

This verse just pop into my mind.

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Isaiah 57:1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

2 Kings 20

New King James Version (NKJV)

Hezekiah’s Life Extended

20 In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’”

Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord, saying, “Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord. And I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.”’”

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here is a question my preacher has been asking us and having us study so I want your opinion also. Is the time of your death set in stone or do you believe it could change?

It isn't set in stone until the tombstone is made.

Whether or not God has the time of our death "set in stone" ahead of time, it is enough to know that:

". . . in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them." (Psalm 139:16)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Here is a question my preacher has been asking us and having us study so I want your opinion also. Is the time of your death set in stone or do you believe it could change?

would it be too far fetched to say that God can look into the future and see what will happen?   your death isn't set in stone, but God knows when it will be.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,only God knows.But you can be sure it will happen.