• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1980

There's this girl, she's not Christian, and she's a good deal younger than me. I've known her for two years and have been trying to grab her attention so to speak pretty much the whole time. We were getting pretty close, until she just stopped contacting me. Finally, after four weeks, we started talking again and after some prying, said she was "kinda seeing someone" and after more prying said "We are kinda exclusive but free to do what we want. Even though we dont."

This troubles me tremendously, especially when I'm trying to sleep, cause it's like I want to just strangle this guy she's seeing, just thinking about it raises my adrenaline.....

I realize that this isn't the right kind of girl to chase after, but it's like I want her more than anything. I'm always thinking about her whether I want to or not, my heart beats fast anytime we interact in any way, and praying hasn't seemed to change the way I feel about her in the slightest.

What would YOU do about this troubling predicament?

Edited by Dr. Luke

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Stay as far away as possible. Most definitely doesn't sound good.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Thomas I believe
Stay as far away as possible.  Most definitely doesn't sound good.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree 100 % This girl will break your heart and draw you into sin. At least thats how it sounds.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Frisbinator,

I'm in total agreement with Suzanne and Thomas, I think you need to distance yourself from her, if this is possible.

Although your feelings for her, in the immediate future will not suddenly disappear, praying and reading the Scripture, will help you not to act on this matter.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I agree with all here. You have to remember that it's not about what we feel or how we feel but about making a conscious decision to do what's right.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Looks like it's pretty much uuuuunannymus' on staying away from her. There is no future of any trust or hope of it and will ultimately end in disaster for you. Get on with life.....

se

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Frisbinator,

This is a complicated situation one of which is discouraged within the scriptures a great deal. Yet at the same time, there is hope for such a young woman and there is nothing wrong with holding on to that hope. Though the hearts of all involved is not a matter to be taken lightly. As a Christian we are expected to walk a certain path, as well as to avoid those of sin.

At the same time, Jesus did not sit with those who were called righteous or those of which who knew Him or His father, but instead was sitting with those such as this young woman of which you desire to reach.

Though it is true that the best thing to do within this situation would to be leaving well enough alone, this does not necessarily mean that you would have to avoid her should she contact you.

Until that time, it may be best you keep her in your prayers.

Do hope that whatever way you choose to go in this situation that it is ver ymuch thought out as well as prayed about.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Frisbinator,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

It seems that this girl has made her choice in boyfriend, and it isn't you. Please look inward and try to understand why you hate her boyfriend so much that you could strangle him. What has her BF done to you to deserve that (other than being her BF out of her choice)?

If you care for her, you should respect her decisions and choices, and hope for her happiness in her choices. It is only selfishness that turns everything the wrong way around and instead of respecting her choices, insists on imposing your choices on her. Please think about which is the real meaning of love, and what is it that you feel for her.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Hey Frisby!

Take a cold shower when you think of her, pray whilst you are in there, pray when ya get out and pray when you feel her getting to you. If need be, keep doing this until she is gone from your heart. There is nothing wrong with loving this girl, but you have to have a Godly love first and it sounds as if it's your human love talking. I have 5 brothers and they took STACKS of cold showers over girls.

Love

YSIC

Faithie :)

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

(snip...)

What would YOU do about this troubling predicament?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would pray, read the Word, hang out with Christian friends, and not waste my time with someone who is not honest with me.