• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one....

So many times I have  longed & yearned for that "high".....& just like you ,lately there are some songs that I just cannot even contain myself............though it has been many years and I think my conversations with God were quite similar after literally begging "Why,why ,why" I have to tell you that I could not have written my own experiences as clearly & exactly as you have described....it is uncanny!!!

Anyway,thank you for sharing these things & it has helped me to appreciate even more that God is there for each & every one of us as if we are the only ones He has to take care of,,,,,,in reality there are probably a billion others crying out to Him"Why ,why,why"and yet we are never made to feel that way,He personally answers each o0ne of His Children!.....We serve the One True Living God Almighty & we have the privilege of calling Him Abba,we are His & He is ours

Well,pdeboi................you can see,just Saved,recently Saved,many years Saved....everyone goes through those "quiet times'but none the less.....He is right here with us every step of the way!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I find that when I `feel` apart from Jesus, then I focus on Him and who He is as well as be thankful for so much. The focus gets off my feelings & on to the Lord. And that is who I desire to grow more like by His Holy Spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

but every time I go to a service or just have one on one worship with him, I can never get that "flame" of passion for him. I get so distracted during worship and I can never stay focused on God. I have no idea why, but I feel no connection with him. Every Sunday and Wednesday when I would worship him, I would fall on my knees crying, but now I'm lucky if I can even raise my hands.. Do any of you get like this? 

Some things I noticed in your post, "Every Sunday and Wednesday" ,

"I get so distracted during worship and I can never stay focused on God."

Right up front you mentioned in your title " Religiously dead"

Religion is mans best attempt to know God, Religious is a ritual or repetativness of the same acts to connect with God. God has already made Himself known through Jesus and requires a relationship with Him not a schedule or repetative acts. It could be a simple talk, request or could be a praise or a thank you.

If you ever find yourself feeling you need to repeat what you've always been doing then you're on the fast track of becoming religious... God never asked this of us through Jesus Christ. Holy Spirit doesn't always ask the samething of us from day to day and we must be careful not to expect the same instruction from Him day to day. He's our spiritual eyes in the spiritual realm and knows what's needed from us at the time according to what He sees. :)

I kind of hope to be religiously dead, given my understanding of what passes for religion. I would hate to be spiritually dead. Worst of all, I would despair not having a relationship with the living God.

I kind of agree with what 7thseal said, and that is what I was hinting at, but then there is this:

26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

James 1:26,27

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I kind of agree with what 7thseal said, and that is what I was hinting at, but then there is this:

26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

James 1:26,27

Amen! obidence to His Word. Look at that verse closely and there is no schedule or ritual but action according to someones need. Holy Spirit is here to point out to us when and where.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [even] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Omegaman, I love that verse.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You will love the "Newness of life" after CORRECT baptism..

Keep well...:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hiya there

I think most people here will identify in some way with your post and being 'out in the dry desert' as it were is never a pleasant experience you can be sure that the Lord has not changed, today , tommorow..or ever.

It has been my experience that faith carries us through these periods when the Lord refines us in ways that we didn't even dream were possible. and that the 'joyful, happy, easy' times are a oasis a time for us to reflect and enjoy the work the Lord has done through those building times, I no longer take them for granted, but after each one my patience and faith and trust grows.  These times are so that we can know ourselves for our benefit, not so that he who knew us even before we were born can know us.

I do hope and prayer that you will soon come to a resting time, where once again your heart is settled and safe, and using what the Lord has made you, you once again hold your hand out to someone and say 'come taste..how good the Lord is'

Bless you

AIP

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Although this person hasn't been on since 19th Dec 2013...  this comment:

Of our person- mind, will, emotion- we are tested by God to be in unity toward Him by each equally ...

Never requiring one over another or one with another but each solely and totally enough toward God!

If I don't feel I still can think and I think I will to love Him with all I have at any given time... Love, Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

One of the most important steps for me was to be able to talk about Jesus whom I wanted o get to know better by discussing how He revealed Himself in the bible. Don't remember doing much of that in catholic school,where going to mass was demanded of us,but although we had a vague idea it was very vague and we never learned or discussed Jesus of the bible. Instead we learned to follow the rules,and what were very pleasant rituals. When I wanted to know about my Saviour,it needed an american pastor's wife to guide to through the bible,learning and understanding what we needed to be and do as christians.

After that she showed me how to pray ;to be natural,and to open up to Jesus,to not hold back,and not to be afraid to be awkward at first, as all He wants is a Relationship with Him,then He will take over and has never ever let me down ,although as a human it takes some time adapt to His way ,which is not ours.As time goes on it gets easier,but there have been many 'dry phases',and even angry ones,I'm afraid .