Pdeboi98

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I so agree with Lek and Kwik. There are times that God is telling me to practice what I already know and to trust His word and His character. We should never trust our feelings.

I have gone through this. My husband is going through it even now. We must perservere. God has told us He would never leave us or forsake us.

Be thankful.. Make a list of prayers He has answered and thank Him for having done so. Thank Him for allowing you to open your eyes to another day and ask Him again to be your Lord and give the day to Him, asking Him to use you.

Reach out to those who are in need. Pray for them and be a blessing to them.

Guest theseekingheart

yup...i definitely feel you there, its come to a point a don't even remember the last time i went to church

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I have times like that. But I think that is normally. Sometimes I feel Close to God, other times not. You are not alone.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone!

Wow,I really love Willa's suggestion to make a list of all the prayers God has answered so far ,throughout our lives...................LOL,I have a feeling that my list will end up a book,,,,just the thoughs flashing in my mind are overwhelming!

Praise & Glory to God,I can honestly say that if God did not do another single thing for me ,He has certainly more than I deserved....................."Oh but for the Grace of God!"

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can only speak of my own personal experience....

I used to think that I had to have that spiritual high that one gets in special moments such as when you are first saved or in some special revivals where the Spirit moves among all the people.....   I thought I was loosing it because I couldn't sustain that high all the time....   I blamed it on the church and a few preachers and of course myself one evening while we were camping and I was all by myself out in nature away from my family and friends.....   I just sat there and wanted to cry for I was so miserable....

Well things came to my mind that I think were from the Lord himself and not just random thoughts......   He asked me why I was only happy with our relationship when I was high....   he seemed kind of hurt that I was using him for some kind of a drug to make me feel good.   I know that sounds awful, but in reality that was what I was doing...   I had attended churches where services were just a shot of spirituality and it makes you high and if you are lucky it will last until the next time where you can get high again......   and after a while it just doesn't work any more.  Earlier I had gotten inadvertently involved with the devil and he had rescued me from that, but I couldn't stay at that emotional feel good high all the time....

Then He asked me why we can't just have a good level headed relationship all the time instead of highs just at church.....   He reminded me that he's always there so why am I just seeking him at church. 

Very very long story short, I started including the Spirit and thus both the Father and Jesus in everything I did/do.   At work I talked problems over and what to do about them......  what kind of car to buy, how to plan for retirement, how to keep my wife happy and a million other things that we talk about on a regular basis.

These days He is included in just about everything I do......    I would say that I'm not really high very often.....   but I can't sing "Mary Did You Know" or Amazing Grace without coming completely unhinged emotionally these days..   I'm as bad as Jimmy Swaggart with those two songs.

So for me, God was looking for a relationship and I was looking for basically a hormone dump....    we finally got it fixed when I just sat down all by myself pretty much defeated and begged for "why".        Don't know if that will help

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

One good thing to remember is don't go only to service to be served, but go to service to serve. Just like the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve. There will always be people we can help in one way or another, it is done best when in God's way.

I can only speak for myself but each and every time when wrestling with my own challenges, meeting an angel of God has dissolved all the dark clouds. An angel of God in this instance is the person whom you encounter who wants to share their load with you. And suddenly, you come to realize, you came into this world for a purpose, God's purpose. It does not matter how were you conceived, did your parents plan to have you, were you abandoned because in the core level, your Heavenly Father provides you with an eternal future in His glory.

If you don't feel like connected to God, pray for Him to USE you. The gospel is meant to be shared, with the whole world. You don't have to begin with a global ministry. Just ask God to show you the people you can help in His ways. Surely, this prayer is to be answered.

“There are many people to harvest but only a few workers to help harvest them.

Pray to the Lord, who owns the harvest, that he will send more workers to gather his harvest.”

Guest Jude48

Oh Yes, I often and right now feel this way.  It's usually my own self (Battle is in the mind) causing the distractions, but God is still there, waiting for me to call Him!  I think He must have a great sense of humor at us Humans!  I think of Him sitting on a big ole' chair, just rubbing his beard and scratching His head, saying..."Well, I wonder when she is going to call me"!  She sure is in trouble again, that one is a slow learner"!  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Christ is risen and is Alive. So that we may have eternal life. When we ask for the Lord and that we accept Him as Savior and Lord. And repent of our sins. And know that we are saved by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Due to His brutal death and resurrection.

Three times, three times I thought I was a Christian. First two times I felt I had to do it because everybody else was doing it. But needed to do it for myself and really feel like Christ was there inside of me. As nobody could get help me or get me to heaven. While riding on their coattails.I had to accept Christ and ask for forgiveness myself. As He was knocked at the door of my heart.Only when I made Him go inside my heart did I feel like it was for real. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

The religious mind in me has died and the Holy Spirit has transformed me... That's what came to mind when you mentioned Religion, but I know what you mean. As you can see from the above comments, you're not alone, the important thing is to keep renewing yourself when that happens.