GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Outside of the rapture debates on several posting forums the 1000 yrs of the millenium is often

a period of time which is debated. One of the main issues is the question will people be living or not living

during those 1000 yrs.

Or to say did the whole human race of flesh and blood get the wiped out at the end of the tribulation.?

So will those during the 1000 yrs. be only of spirits? How do we expect Jesus to be ruling and when saints are chosen to rule with Christ? Who exactly will these saints be ruling over?

Last it appears after Satan is released after the 1000 yrs there is some kind of war. Does Rev. chapter 20 the only place that makes this mention of the Gog and Magog war?

I guess I'm a little confused on the 1000 yrs. I thought this was only mentioned once in the Bible.

Just maybe there are some others who knows some verses in other parts of the Bible that knows about this last 1000 yrs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,375
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'll be reading along with you.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Much of Zech pertains to the 1000 years.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I will need to look into Zech.But here is one section in the Bible Ezek. 38 I believe this chapter is comparable to the

end of the 1000 yrs of the war of Gog and Magog and what also appears to be the destruction and of all mankind.

Which of course I would think means one thing at this point would be the end of the 1000 yrs. and the heavens and the earth will be destroyed. Then the new heaven and earth will be established.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

This subject has several views depending on what your fundamental beliefs are.  Pre/Mid/Post tribulation views all have their own spins on the 1000 years.  To me the Bible speaks very clearly on the subject and if you want to see it all put together in a nice guide I have one for you! 

http://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4989/t/1000-years-of-peace.aspx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.69
  • Days Won:  226

The millenial Kingdom is the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on earth.Six times in Revelation 20:27,the millenial Kingdom is specifically said to be 1000 years in length.The BIble speaks of the conditions during the millenium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually.The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the the millenial Kingdom.In the beginning of the millenium,the Kingdom will be inhabited only by those who follow Christ.Those who have died will be given glorified bodies and sealed against sin. Those who survived the tribulation will enter the millenium as mortals-long-lived,but able to marry and have children Isaiah 33:24,35:5-6,61:1-2.

The end of the millenium will be the setting for the final judgment over earth.Despite the examples of those around them,the peace in the kingdom,and the presence of Christ,not all of the people will choose to follow Christ.At the end of the 1000 years,Satan will be released from the abyss.He will deceive the unbelivers and gather an army.The battle will be short.Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and his human army killed Revelation 20:7-10.All unbelievers will stand before the Great White Throne judgment and be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity Revelation 20:11-15;John 5:22,26-29.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

The millenial Kingdom is the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on earth.Six times in Revelation 20:27,the millenial Kingdom is specifically said to be 1000 years in length.The BIble speaks of the conditions during the millenium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually.The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the the millenial Kingdom.In the beginning of the millenium,the Kingdom will be inhabited only by those who follow Christ.Those who have died will be given glorified bodies and sealed against sin. Those who survived the tribulation will enter the millenium as mortals-long-lived,but able to marry and have children Isaiah 33:24,35:5-6,61:1-2.

The end of the millenium will be the setting for the final judgment over earth.Despite the examples of those around them,the peace in the kingdom,and the presence of Christ,not all of the people will choose to follow Christ.At the end of the 1000 years,Satan will be released from the abyss.He will deceive the unbelivers and gather an army.The battle will be short.Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and his human army killed Revelation 20:7-10.All unbelievers will stand before the Great White Throne judgment and be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity Revelation 20:11-15;John 5:22,26-29.

:thumbsup:

This subject has several views depending on what your fundamental beliefs are.  Pre/Mid/Post tribulation views all have their own spins on the 1000 years.  To me the Bible speaks very clearly on the subject and if you want to see it all put together in a nice guide I have one for you! 

http://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4989/t/1000-years-of-peace.aspx

I very much enjoyed reading this, thank you very much! :biggrin2:

I do have some questions however. Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first resurrection (in millennium) spoken of in Rev 20 is the rapture in glorified bodies of the living and dead in Christ? I'm just a bit confused because we have three different events happening during the first resurrection; 1. the rapture, 2. the second coming and 3. the 1,000 year millennium. Do these three events have a time frame of minutes/days/weeks? I mean, they can't all happen at the same exact time right???? Because they are three different events.

Also #6 says "The righteous will be in heaven with Jesus during the 1,000 years." THAT IS JUST AWESOME! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE. Also, I would like to add that the dead in Christ now are also in heaven, right now! Their spirits are in heaven awaiting the 1,000 year reign. NOW this is making more sense. For example, if a believer died tomorrow, his/her spirit would go be with the Lord in heaven AND WAIT FOR THE 1,000 YEAR REIGN.

(#11 Answer:   At the close of the 1,000 years (when Jesus comes the third time) the wicked will be raised. Satan, loosed from his bonds, will then have an earth full of people (all the nations of the world to deceive.) I HAVE A QUESTION. Who exactly are all these people Satan is deceiving. I thought the living wicked died at the second coming of Christ?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,662
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, everyone!

First, I need to point out that the Millennium is not the "1000-year reign of Christ"; it is the FIRST 1000 years of the reign of the Messiah!

We should be seeing more of this in the weeks to come as Christmas approaches, but remember what Gavri'el (Gabriel) said to Miryam (Mary)?

Luke 1:30-33

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

KJV

Second, nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that everyone is dead! Quite to the contrary, there will be many nations on the earth at that time. Consider the words of Revelation 22:1-2:

Revelation 22:1-2

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

KJV

And, this is during the time of the New Earth and its New Sky ("Heaven")! That happens AFTER the Millennium! Why would the nations (Greek: ethnoi = Hebrew: goyim) need healing if they were already in their glorified bodies (as some teach)?

Montana Marv is correct about Z'kharyahu's prophecy which we call "Zechariah." Z'kharyahu does talk about the beginning of the Millennium, particularly in chapters 12-14.

However, we can glean more from the prophecy of Yesha`yahu (Isaiah), chapters 60-66, and the prophecy of Yechezk'el (Ezekiel), chapters 40-48. Furthermore, we can get much about the character of the Millennium from the Messianic psalm, Psalm 2:1-12, and in the New Testament at 1 Corinthians 15:20-28:

To give a better picture of what is going on, I'm going to include quotation marks: "" '' and <>. Because there are times when quotations are embedded within quotations, I need three sets because of quotations being nested twice. I'm also going to play with the punctuation marks and caps for emphasis, and then, I'm going to include some color: Blue will be for the words of the kings. Red will be for the words of the Messiah Yeshua` (the Christ Jesus), who is the "Lord" (Adonai), purple will be the words of God the Father, who is the "LORD" (YHWH), and there will be two shades of purple for within David's quotation of the LORD, he quotes the Messiah quoting the LORD! (Green is how I usually offset God's Word from my own.)

Psalm 2:1-12

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his Anointed, saying,

3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us!"

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion!

7 I will declare the decree: 'the LORD hath said unto me, <Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt BREAK them with a rod of iron; thou shalt DASH them in pieces like a potter's vessel!>'

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the LORD with FEAR, and rejoice with TREMBLING.

12 KISS the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little! Blessed are all they that put their trust in HIM!"

KJV

Now, look at Paul's writing; remember, his emphasis in this chapter is the RESURRECTION, not the timing of events. However, the timing can be discerned when one understands how Hebrew literature usually works:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: (1) Christ the firstfruits; afterward (2) they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then (3) cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

KJV

When you compare and harmonize this passage with John's book of Revelation 20:1-15 and 21:1-2, it begins to make sense:

Revelation 20:1-21:2
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This (verse 4) is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

So, since death is the LAST thing to be subdued and conquered, the ENTIRE MILLENNIUM, the ENTIRE ONE-THOUSAND-YEAR PERIOD, will be a time of subduction of the Messiah's enemies! There will be peace, but it will be a FORCED peace, except within His own realm where Gentiles will not be allowed, except for healing! The Millennium will also be a time of much conflict, although His adversaries will not be able to win against Him, and nation by nation, indeed, person by person, Yeshua` will win the world! The smoldering wick He will not put out until it has run its course! The broken reed He will not snap off; it will either fall off on its own from decay, or it will be healed! We've just completed Chanukah, and as the candles burn down to the end of their wax, it's fun to watch them finally go out. But, when the flame can no longer be supported, the wick will still smolder and a thin line of smoke will go up for quite a while after the flame. Some people will snuff the wick's smoke between their fingers and hasten the end of the candle, but Yeshua` will let that thin line of smoke go just as long as it can, for He is not willing that ANY should perish, ... and there SHALL be those who will perish, even after the Millennium. And, it is AFTER the Millennium when He must judge the world at the Great White Throne.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

Outside of the rapture debates on several posting forums the 1000 yrs of the millenium is often

a period of time which is debated. One of the main issues is the question will people be living or not living

during those 1000 yrs.

Or to say did the whole human race of flesh and blood get the wiped out at the end of the tribulation.?

So will those during the 1000 yrs. be only of spirits? How do we expect Jesus to be ruling and when saints are chosen to rule with Christ? Who exactly will these saints be ruling over?

Last it appears after Satan is released after the 1000 yrs there is some kind of war. Does Rev. chapter 20 the only place that makes this mention of the Gog and Magog war?

I guess I'm a little confused on the 1000 yrs. I thought this was only mentioned once in the Bible.

Just maybe there are some others who knows some verses in other parts of the Bible that knows about this last 1000 yrs.

Look at it from this angle. Here is what we know for sure:

In John 14 1-3 Jesus says that he is going to heaven to prepare a place for us and when he comes again he will receive us unto himself so that where he is (heaven) there we would be. 

We know that according to Revelation 21 the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven to earth after the 1000 years after the wicked are destroyed and after God recreates a new heaven and new earth.

We know that Jesus comes before the 1000 year period begin as his coming is described at the end of Revelation 19 and we see the millennium begin in Revelation 20. 

We know that many times Jesus said that his kingdom is not of this world.

If we can agree on these things my question therefore is this.

When is Jesus going to fulfill the promise of John 14: 1-3 to take us where he is to the place prepared for us, if at his second coming, he is going to set up a kingdom here on earth during the 1000 years and then after the 1000 years the New Jerusalem comes down to earth. It means we ain't going to heaven. Jesus said that his kingdom is not of this world. As long as this current world stands, would it not be impossible for Jesus to go against his own word and set up a kingdom here. Now when the heaven and earth is recreated then you can make a case for that, but until then why would Jesus set up a kingdom here?

Also the promise says that he is going to prepare a place for us, and it is only when he comes again he will receive us there. So obviously the place he is preparing is not here on earth. And it is only when he comes again we go to that place. All the scriptures that people use to favor a millennial kingdom are scriptures they assume do so. Ezekiel 38 does not mention any time period. And Ezekiel also wrote during the period when Israel was still in captivity and God was preparing them to get ready to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild their own city and temple. So the idea of a millennial kingdom could just be a stretch and not actually what the bible is teaching. 

If you start from the things you know for sure in the bible, a millenial kingdom does not make sense.