IGNORED

the Americans living in the Sanitary sewer?

silviawang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

houses in America are not cheap.

-----i mean compare with china,y totally have no idea how terrible the house price in china

if i tell y the whole picture,y may think the chinese are living in Mars

Silvia,I know that there is a major property bubble in China and that housing is very, very, expensive because people are speculating in property. It is more expensive that the USA and the USA is not cheap! If I had money in China today I would wait 5 years before buying. The bubble will collapse, and prices will fall. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I honestly don't know. It's sad and homeless people will adapt to the space they find. 

I do know that the third photograph is old , I can find it on the Internet dated back to an article in The Sun newspaper 25thMay 2011.

recent days the whole china paying the attn to the poor people who living in the sanitary sewer in china

so that news paper issued the photo to tell the people  even US has the same people

i just want to is it true or not

bcs i heard that the house in America is cheap

The average price for a single family home in the U.S. is $264,000.  See here:  http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumerawareness/a/avghomeprice04.htm  That's cheaper than Canada, I believe, but it's hardly a bargain. Yes, there ARE homeless people in the U.S, same as everywhere.  I've never heard of anyone living in a sewer though. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

houses in America are not cheap.

-----i mean compare with china,y totally have no idea how terrible the house price in china

if i tell y the whole picture,y may think the chinese are living in Mars

Silvia,I know that there is a major property bubble in China and that housing is very, very, expensive because people are speculating in property. It is more expensive that the USA and the USA is not cheap! If I had money in China today I would wait 5 years before buying. The bubble will collapse, and prices will fall. 

I agree Fez.  Take the money you'd spend on a house and buy silver or gold.....   when the bubble bursts the economy there will do about the same as ours did and the price of silver and gold will go up and  you might be able to pay cash for it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

$264,000---it is only can buy 1/2---1/4 apt in the city i live,atten,pls,not the house,but the apt,and only 4 walls,no interior decoration,no any equipment

and i mean the ordinary apt,not the luxurious one

Its real. People do live in the storm drain tunnels under Las Vegas. There are a couple of documentaries/new stories about them. The tunnels are storm drains, though, not sanitary sewers. The storm drains are for rainwater and flood control. Las Vegas is a desert city and rain is pretty scarce most of the time so the tunnels offer refuge from the heat during the summer and cold in winter. The only drawback is when it rains -- the tunnels can flood fast, so fast you might not be able to get out and be swept away because when it rains in the desert, it rains hard.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

That is really sad   :(

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

are they happy there?   I ask because some of the homeless we have here are there because they want to be.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

are they happy there?   I ask because some of the homeless we have here are there because they want to be.

We have built housing for homeless people in our city in the past, but it was not used. Illegal drug use is not allowed there. For a while a Christian organization ran it and people were not allowed to sleep together if they were not legally married. These were total falures and closed for non use. We still have facilities run by a local Christian mission for the homeless. It has areas for families as well as women and for men. It is not full and our temperatures have been near 0 degrees F. I saw a homeless couple walk through our neigborhood recently, probably to beg food at a nearby church.

Often our drug rehabilatation is free.

Here people live like that because they are criminals and don't wish to abide by our civil law or to receive God's grace. They want to live like that. It is indeed sad.