GlidingWings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I believe we are in the Day of Man now and when this has run its course (again, much like Noah), we will enter the Day of The Lord. Only this time, there will be New Heavens and a New Earth awaiting for its inhabitants.

So, bottom line, to me, the day of The Lord is comparable to when God judged mankind just before the flood. God got Noah out before his day of wrath, and I believe he will do it again, lift his people out, before his great day of wrath.

Or so I believe.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I believe we are in the Day of Man now and when this has run its course (again, much like Noah), we will enter the Day of The Lord. Only this time, there will be New Heavens and a New Earth awaiting for its inhabitants.

So, bottom line, to me, the day of The Lord is comparable to when God judged mankind just before the flood. God got Noah out before his day of wrath, and I believe he will do it again, lift his people out, before his great day of wrath.

Or so I believe.

Yes Spock...that makes sense  :mgcheerful:

Or so I believe.

About time peep. I have been wanting an "amen" from you for quite sometime. For some reason, up until now, I have always fallen short of receiving this affirmation. I'm hoping to now receive many many more.

By the way, I love your style in responding- short and sweet. I like. :)

Cheers

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

I believe we are in the Day of Man now and when this has run its course (again, much like Noah), we will enter the Day of The Lord ...

Dispensationalism?

I believe we are in the Day of Man now and when this has run its course (again, much like Noah), we will enter the Day of The Lord ...

Dispensationalism?

Not sure what you mean. That is a pretty big word. I'm not sure I can even pronounce it. Lol

It seems to make sense to me that if God rescued Noah before the flood, he will so something similar before the Day of The Lord.

Does that make me a dispensationalist?

Dispensationalism?

Not sure what you mean. That is a pretty big word. I'm not sure I can even pronounce it. Lol

It seems to make sense to me that if God rescued Noah before the flood, he will so something similar before the Day of The Lord.

I don't know; that's why I put a question mark after "Dispensationalism".

BTW, "dispensationalism sees God as structuring His relationship with mankind through several stages of revelation which mark off different dispensations, or stewardship arrangements. Each dispensation is a 'test' of mankind to be faithful to the particular revelation given at the time. Generally, seven dispensations are distinguished: innocence (before the fall), conscience (Adam to Noah), government (Noah to Babel), promise (Abraham to Moses), Law (Moses to Christ), grace (Pentecost to the rapture), and the millennium."

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-does-john-piper-believe-about-dispensationalism-covenant-theology-and-new-covenant-theology

Dispensationalism?

BTW, "dispensationalism sees God as structuring His relationship with mankind through several stages of revelation which mark off different dispensations, or stewardship arrangements. Each dispensation is a 'test' of mankind to be faithful to the particular revelation given at the time. Generally, seven dispensations are distinguished: innocence (before the fall), conscience (Adam to Noah), government (Noah to Babel), promise (Abraham to Moses), Law (Moses to Christ), grace (Pentecost to the rapture), and the millennium."

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-does-john-piper-believe-about-dispensationalism-covenant-theology-and-new-covenant-theology

Yeah, I'm actually familiar with that term, but I don't really know if it applies as stated. It sounds reasonable, just not sure.

But what exactly concerns you about the Day of The Lord?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Or so I believe.

About time peep. I have been wanting an "amen" from you for quite sometime. For some reason, up until now, I have always fallen short of receiving this affirmation. I'm hoping to now receive many many more.

By the way, I love your style in responding- short and sweet. I like. :)

Cheers

You have?I am humbled :mgcheerful:

Dispensationalism?

Yeah, I'm actually familiar with that term, but I don't really know if it applies as stated. It sounds reasonable, just not sure.

But what exactly concerns you about the Day of The Lord?

Aside from being caught up in it?

Seriously, "dispensationalism" assumes God has a series of Plan B's, which in turn falsely assumes God's original plan for man's redemption has failed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Only the Father knows what day the Lord will come for His church. That part has little or nothing to do with satan.

We are told in Luke to pray that we be counted worthy to escape all the things that are to come upon the earth.

The reason that you have fear is that you are spending your time focusing on the enemy and what he might do. Instead focus on God and what He does on our behalf. If Christ lives in you and you in Him, He will give you the courage you need when the time comes. Not now. You can only walk on the water as Peter did by keeping your eyes on Jesus. As soon as your look at the world and the dangers around you you will sink. So stop it!

You will know if you are saved by the reassurance of the Holy Spirit in your heart crying Daddy! to God our Father. When we live in communion with our Lord, we don't have fear about our salvation. We have already fully surrendered our lives to God.

To have faith we read the scriptures, especially the New Testament Gospels and Epistles. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. So read them out loud if you must.

But stop reading LaHay and all the other books. They don't seem to be building you up in the faith and encouraging you. Ignore books about the enemy. You are far too preoccupied with the end times portion. Just totally surrender your life to Christ to do with as He wills. Learn to recognize the voice of the Lord and obey His voice. It will never contradict scripture. It is full of love and reassurance. You need to prepare by learning to walk in the Holy Spirit, and by continually being refilled with the Holy Spirit. By doing this you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and your faith will also grow.

Cling to God's excedingly great and precious promises and grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Read Ephesians 8 and Phillippeans 4. God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7 Above everything else, learn to love the unlovable as God does, saying Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.

God does not give us the grace and courage to meet hard situation before we need it. He gives it all during our lives as we face daily situations while leaning on His grace and strength. It is like a muscle that grows. So learn to live a godly life in Christ Jesus now. No matter how we die, should it be today while walking accross the street or in the future, pray that we may glorify God in our lives as well as in our deaths.

Hi Williamina. Thanks for the words of encouragement. But there is a little misunderstanding. The initial idea of this post was to see how people felt about the day of the Lord each having their own Dispensational view point included if they wanted. People could also share whether they were looking forward to this or any kind of uncertainty or fear.  As for me I admit the feeling is over whelming at most because it will mark the most important day since the crucifixion or that the Birth of Jesus life on Earth. The second appearing is the only event that can match or equate such a great event to occur. .

I do not any longer believe Tim La Hayes or Hal Lyndsay. I believe Christians will be here during the whole antichrist 3 and a half year great Trib. We are given in detail of this many and what to expect. Would God tell us tell us these things believing we would not be here? Who are the Saints? Who are the Elect?

Please don’t say another group of unknown Christians suddenly becomes saints. . Please don’t assign the Elect as a different group of people outside of those living today.  For saints are the Elect are always God’s people through the entire Bible. . Revelation does not suddenly change the meaning. Matthew 24 or Revelation suddenly does not become a Jewish additional Old Testament Judaism teaching. Revelation is for Christians and Messianic Jews who believe in the Messiah Jesus Christ who came 2000 approximate years ago.   So Jews, Greek and Gentiles of the world receive the 27 books of the New Testament. . These are for all believers. . Don’t start saying this teaching is only for Jews Book or chapter. Don’t say this is an only Gentile book. Say these are Books for both Jews and Gentiles all who have placed Faith on Jesus dying for our Sins. .

Anyone that teaches or believes a Pre trib Rapture or Mid trib Rapture is going to be placed in false security and very surprised what they expected never did occur..  The Bible teaches nowhere there will be a 7 year early Rapture or 3 and a half years early Rapture.

Did you know in 1830 a Scottish woman by the name of Margaret MacDonald was one of the first to depict the rapture and second coming by 2 separate events?  Then her 117 lines were recorded by John Darby in his Bible Commentary. Is this the way God wanted us to know a true Revelation by a woman living in Scotland in 1830 we should suddenly know the truth?

I certainly will not believe in that. I believe as those in 1611 when the Kings James was introduced. Early Christians believe only in a second coming. A middle event did not exist. For if it didn’t exist then why should it then exist now?. . They tried to preserve the truth. This Generation denies that Truth.  I believe in the 1611 Generation Christians a second appearing of Christ period. Notice even 1Thess 4 tells us on the last Trumpet. What is the last trumpet? That is the seventh.  It also says the Dead will rise first. So why should the dead escape the great trib? It is for these reasons and Bible words of order of events Matthew 24 and 2Thess and Daniel 12 we are assured Christians will be here till the last day, to the last Trumpet, the number 7 which is completion and perfection in the eyes of God. . Shorten these prophecies and see what is going to happen. For all things must happen before the end shall come. ..   Jesus told us some of you will not taste Death that is those living in the 3 and a half years Great trib. Some of them will not see Death.

But in that Generation they will see the appearing of Christ. So if we are Alive or if we are dead we may be able to see that day appearing. Unless it is appointed to be resurrected 1000 years later in the case for many people.. . We must believe Jesus gave us all the signs for us to see. Why would he give us signs that Christians would not be here to see? And this is to be handed over to non believers to figure this out?  Not so. This called escapism. So if you depict an early departure from the Earth that to me is called fear. . . But I depict we will know those days if we are alive. . We will know that hour if we live in that hour.

For now we do not know that hour since that hour has not yet come upon us..   How do I feel? Yeah honestly to say kind of nervous as to how this all is going into play out. However my Faith has not ceased. We at home continue to Pray and Hope.  I know there is trouble in the Horizon. But I also must know a greater day happens after those things. . I Pray to God all True Christians will keep their Faith and rely totally on Gods help and discernment of His plan. . I’m not more special. I am not any better than any other believers. I am just one sheep among sheep ordinary simple among the flock body of the church of Christ.   I ask no person to follow after me or my ways. I ask others only to follow God and after the ways of God. I am as you as a Sheep and I do not lead. But as a sheep I will make noise about the Shepard and His plan to the best of my own understanding to try my best as other sheep to share the Gospel and encourage one another. Your friend GW