angels4u

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

the Millennium, Latin for 1,000 years is a literal 1,000 years. There is only one millennium.

after the tribulation, when Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom, the millennium period will have the saints now spirits ruling over physical human beings most of them coming out of the tribulation period. At the beginning of this 1,000 year reign on earth satan will be bound and put into a bottomless pit during the millennium rule. afterwards he will be loosed this one time only and will deceive all the people from the second resurrection-that is all the people whoever lived in history and were not called by God. They will be physical human beings and most scholars believe they will live for around 100 years.

Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire to be tormented forever after the battle of Gog and Magog. He will never be loosed again.

those who overcome the influence of satan and are written in the book of life will join Jesus and God the Father on earth as spiritual beings on the new earth. The universe will become a possible frontier for the billions of children now in the family of God.

That's the way I see it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

It is interesting to study about post-millennium A-millennium and pre-millennium .

I always believed in pre-millennial and still do,I didn't really realize how many people have these different view of the Millennium.

The  Biblical view is  that  the Millennial,a literal 1000 years of peace on earth .

Jesus will come for the second time  and He will reign for 1000 years before the final removal of Satan.

Premillennialism is the view that Christ’s second coming will occur prior to His millennial kingdom, and that the millennial kingdom is a literal 1000-year reign of Christ on earth. In order to understand and interpret the passages in Scripture that deal with end-times events, there are two things that must be clearly understood: a proper method of interpreting Scripture and the distinction between Israel (the Jews) and the church (the body of all believers in Jesus Christ).

First, a proper method of interpreting Scripture requires that Scripture be interpreted in a way that is consistent with its context. This means that a passage must be interpreted in a way that is consistent with the audience to which it is written, those it is written about, whom it is written by, and so on. It is critical to know the author, intended audience, and historical background of each passage one interprets. The historical and cultural setting will often reveal the correct meaning of a passage. It is also important to remember that Scripture interprets Scripture. That is, often a passage will cover a topic or subject that is also addressed elsewhere in the Bible. It is important to interpret all of these passages consistently with one another.

Finally, and most importantly, passages must always be taken in their normal, regular, plain, literal meaning unless the context of the passage indicates that it is figurative in nature. A literal interpretation does not eliminate the possibility of figures of speech being used. Rather, it encourages the interpreter to not read figurative language into the meaning of a passage unless it is appropriate for that context. It is crucial to never seek a “deeper, more spiritual” meaning than is presented. Spiritualizing a passage is dangerous because it moves the basis for accurate interpretation from Scripture to the mind of the reader. Then, there can be no objective standard of interpretation; instead, Scripture becomes subject to each person’s own impression of what it means.Second Peter 1:20-21reminds us that “no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

Applying these principles of biblical interpretation, it must be seen that Israel (Abraham’s physical descendants) and the church (all New Testament believers) are two distinct groups. It is crucial to recognize that Israel and the church are distinct because, if this is misunderstood, Scripture will be misinterpreted. Especially prone to misinterpretation are passages that deal with promises made to Israel (both fulfilled and unfulfilled). Such promises should not be applied to the church. Remember, the context of the passage will determine to whom it is addressed and will point to the most correct interpretation.

With those concepts in mind, we can look at various passages of Scripture that produce the premillennial view.Genesis 12:1-3: “The LORD had said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.’”

God promises Abraham three things here: Abraham would have many descendants, this nation would own and occupy a land, and a universal blessing will come to all mankind out of Abraham’s line (the Jews). InGenesis 15:9-17, God ratifies His covenant with Abraham. By the way this is done, God places sole responsibility for the covenant upon Himself. That is, there was nothing Abraham could do or fail to do that would void the covenant God made. Also in this passage, the boundaries are set for the land that the Jews will eventually occupy. For a detailed list of the boundaries, see Deuteronomy 34. Other passages that deal with the promise of land areDeuteronomy 30:3-5andEzekiel 20:42-44.

In2 Samuel 7:10-17, we see the promise made by God to King David. Here, God promises David that he will have descendants, and out of those descendants God will establish an eternal kingdom. This is referring to the rule of Christ during the millennium and forever. It is important to keep in mind that this promise must be fulfilled literally and has not yet taken place. Some would believe that the rule of Solomon was the literal fulfillment of this prophecy, but there is a problem with that. The territory over which Solomon ruled is not held by Israel today, and neither does Solomon rule over Israel today. Remember that God promised Abraham that his descendants would possess a land forever. Also, 2 Samuel 7 says that God would establish a king who would rule for eternity. Solomon could not be a fulfillment of the promise made to David. Therefore, this is a promise that has yet to be fulfilled.

Now, with all this in mind, examine what is recorded inRevelation 20:1-7. The thousand years which is repeatedly mentioned in this passage corresponds to Christ’s literal 1000-year reign on the earth. Recall that the promise made to David regarding a ruler had to be fulfilled literally and has not yet taken place. Premillennialism sees this passage as describing the future fulfillment of that promise with Christ on the throne. God made unconditional covenants with both Abraham and David. Neither of these covenants has been fully or permanently fulfilled. A literal, physical rule of Christ is the only way the covenants can be fulfilled as God promised they would.

Applying a literal method of interpretation to Scripture results in the pieces of the puzzle coming together. All of the Old Testament prophecies of Jesus’ first coming were fulfilled literally. Therefore, we should expect the prophecies regarding His second coming to be fulfilled literally as well. Premillennialism is the only system that agrees with a literal interpretation of God’s covenants and end-times prophecy.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/premillennialism.html#ixzz2rGeB2eDD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If we take time to study the scriptures and rightly divide, in order to fully understand end times we need to consider Daniel and several other old testament books, 70 weeks, times of Jacob's trouble.so let's just break down rev. now some will even say that revelation is not in chronological order, However I believe when John says I saw this then I saw this and so on that it is very much in chronological order. Before I go into the scripture let me say this there are many that teach, that the Church/the Bride are the ones that come back with Him to the battle Gog and Magog, I believe this is wrong teaching from scriptures, plus with reasoning, for how many battles has the king took His wife to? the King and His warriors go to battle and the wife stays home. Also let us keep in mind at a wedding party all saints can not be the Bride, if so who is the wedding party, or who are the attending guest? These are some key things to understanding that most don't consider.

Rev 19:5-9

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

KJV

see that in these verses the Bride is made ready, she already has her clean and white linen, this is there thus 1 Thes. 4:13-18 the rapture(not resurrection) but rapture of the Church/the Bride is first on the event calendar then here take note the marriage supper/the wedding party consisting of Groom, bride and guest. we have the Bride the church, we know whom the Groom is but who are the guest?

Rev 20:1-5

20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

KJV

now in these verses we have scriptures defining who is resurrected first, the ones who were beheaded, that had NOT received the mark of the beast. verse 5 this is the first resurrection. The ones that refused the mark of the breast are the Great tribulation saints Rev.7:9-14 a number, which no man could number in white robes out of the great tribulation, so here we have His warriors but still no wedding guest, the great tribulation saints were the last killed but first resurrected( the first shall be last and the last shall be first)

Rev 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

KJV

If scripture defines a first resurrection, then there should be more to come at least one more any how.

Rev 20:13

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

KJV

Now the second resurrection and the wedding party the guest being the old Testament( the first dead last arose( the last shall be first and the first shall be last) saints are finally here; let the wedding begin and let's party!!!!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

by Rev. H. Holtvlüwer

Revelation 20:4-10 – The thousand year reign

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 

Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 

And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 

Q.  I've been told my church is Amillennialist. What does that mean? 

A.  This question is short and simple, but unfortunately the answer is somewhat complex, although I’ll try to be clear and to the point. Before you can understand “Amillennialism” you need to understand Millennialism in general. Millennialism is a belief concerning the future period of glory for Christ and His church on this present earth. The term “Millennialism” is derived from the Latin word “mille” meaning, “1000.” At some point, before the final end of all things, Christ will reign with His church for 1000 years on the earth as we now know it. Millennialism is based on a very literal interpretation of one key text of Scripture, namely Revelation 20 (especially vs. 4-10).

Premillennialism

There are two basic forms of Millennialism: Premillennialism and Postmillennialism. The “pre” (i.e. “before”) and the “post” (“after”) simply refer to the timing of Christ’s return (His second advent), that is, either before or after the 1000 year period of glory. By far the more popular of the two, Premillennialism teaches that Christ will first come back and then proceed to establish a 1000-year reign of peace on the earth.

There are a number of versions in vogue but a very popular one (often called Dispensational Premillennialism) includes the idea of the “Rapture”1 as follows: at any time Christ will return and meet His saints in the air. These saints will be comprised of all believers at that time, living or dead. The dead will be raised up and the living transformed, both into glorified bodies. Together they will be caught up or “raptured” instantly to meet Christ in the air and be with Him forever. This rapture of believers will leave behind all unconverted people in a moment of time.

Furthermore, Premillennialists believe that after the rapture follows a seven-year period where Christ and His church retreat to heaven. These seven years are known as the period of Tribulation. Two things will occur during the Tribulation:

1) From heaven, Christ will again deal with the Jewish people directly and effect mass conversions among them.

2)  However, at the same time and with increasing oppression the Antich

rist will reign over the earth, hence the term, “Tribulation.”

At the end of seven years, Christ will return from heaven once more together with His church. He will proceed to destroy the Antichrist, bind Satan, and set up an earthly kingdom centered in Jerusalem to rule the nations for 1000 years (the millennium). This will be a time of great peace and joy for the church. At the end of 1000 years, Satan will be loosed for a short time, attempt to destroy the church, but will himself once and for all be cast into the lake of burning fire. Then Christ and all His people will enter their eternal state on the new heaven and new earth.

Postmillennialism

Postmillennialism has many similar features but places events in a different order. The millennium in view here is not so much a strict 1000-year period, but an era wherein Christ will reign from heaven through His church over this present earth. Christ’s second coming will occur after (i.e. post) this “millennium.” This millennium will thus be brought about by the gradual spread of the gospel and the increased Christianization of the world. Here there is no future period of tribulation or apostasy but a steady increase in Christ’s influence and rule over the nations. Once this “golden era” of the church has come to an end, then Christ will return, usher in the final judgment and bring His church into eternal bliss on the new heaven and new earth.

Amillennialism

So, what now is Amillennialism? The term “Amillennialism” literally means “no millennialism” and intends to out-rightly deny the positions of both “pre” and “post” millennialism. Still, the term is somewhat misleading, for Amillennialists do believe in the 1000-year reign of Christ, but not in the literalistic manner of the others. Though there is some disagreement in minor details, proponents teach that the millennial reign of Christ began at His ascension into heaven and continues presently. Christ is currently King in heaven, and those who have died in the Lord currently rule together with Him. Satan is thus presently bound by the power of Christ so as not to deceive the nations with his lies any longer, as he had previously been allowed to do. To be sure, the Devil is still active and influential, but his previous dominance is curtailed for a time, namely for the “millennium.” This allows the gospel to spread to all nations and through it Christ powerfully gathers in the elect of His Father by the power of His Spirit.

The church during these “last days” remains, even while expanding, a suffering church, constantly afflicted by the devil, the unbelieving world, and internal strife. This affliction becomes greater toward the end of Christ’s millennium as Satan is “loosed” for a short time, the time when the spirit of the Antichrist and the Man of Lawlessness gain increasing authority. Following this temporary increase in Satan’s power and his persecution of the church, Christ will physically return on the clouds of heaven and put a permanent end to Satan and his allies. This will be the time of the final judgment when all of God’s enemies will be thrown into the burning lake of fire. At the same time, all of God’s elect will be gathered unto Himself to live forever with their God on the new heaven and the new earth.2

By and large Reformed churches have historically taken this “Amillennialist” position. Christ’s millennial reign is now, not future. This is the consistent teaching of the Bible clearly understood by the three ancient ecumenical creeds and as well the Reformed confessions (see for example, Belgic Confession, Art. 26,37; Heidelberg Catechism, Lord’s Day 1,18,19,22,48). 

1 The rapture has been popularized in a series of novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins called “The Left-Behind” series.  2 For a more comprehensive overview of the Millennialist views from a Reformed standpoint, see Tj. Boersma, “A Millenial Reign, But How?” in Clarion, Year-End Issue, 1999, p.585-588.

However, amillenialism is not the original teaching of the Church. The Scriptures teach a post tribulation rapture and a premillenial return of Christ. The earliest Christians taught that it is the earth and not heaven that is the final destiny of the believer. Here is a website that may be helpful.

http://www.answersinrevelation.org/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

by Rev. H. Holtvlüwer

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 

Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 

And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 

A.  This question is short and simple, but unfortunately the answer is somewhat complex, although I’ll try to be clear and to the point. Before you can understand “Amillennialism” you need to understand Millennialism in general. Millennialism is a belief concerning the future period of glory for Christ and His church on this present earth. The term “Millennialism” is derived from the Latin word “mille” meaning, “1000.” At some point, before the final end of all things, Christ will reign with His church for 1000 years on the earth as we now know it. Millennialism is based on a very literal interpretation of one key text of Scripture, namely Revelation 20 (especially vs. 4-10).

Premillennialism

There are two basic forms of Millennialism: Premillennialism and Postmillennialism. The “pre” (i.e. “before”) and the “post” (“after”) simply refer to the timing of Christ’s return (His second advent), that is, either before or after the 1000 year period of glory. By far the more popular of the two, Premillennialism teaches that Christ will first come back and then proceed to establish a 1000-year reign of peace on the earth.

There are a number of versions in vogue but a very popular one (often called Dispensational Premillennialism) includes the idea of the “Rapture”1 as follows: at any time Christ will return and meet His saints in the air. These saints will be comprised of all believers at that time, living or dead. The dead will be raised up and the living transformed, both into glorified bodies. Together they will be caught up or “raptured” instantly to meet Christ in the air and be with Him forever. This rapture of believers will leave behind all unconverted people in a moment of time.

Furthermore, Premillennialists believe that after the rapture follows a seven-year period where Christ and His church retreat to heaven. These seven years are known as the period of Tribulation. Two things will occur during the Tribulation:

1) From heaven, Christ will again deal with the Jewish people directly and effect mass conversions among them.

At the end of seven years, Christ will return from heaven once more together with His church. He will proceed to destroy the Antichrist, bind Satan, and set up an earthly kingdom centered in Jerusalem to rule the nations for 1000 years (the millennium). This will be a time of great peace and joy for the church. At the end of 1000 years, Satan will be loosed for a short time, attempt to destroy the church, but will himself once and for all be cast into the lake of burning fire. Then Christ and all His people will enter their eternal state on the new heaven and new earth.

Postmillennialism

Postmillennialism has many similar features but places events in a different order. The millennium in view here is not so much a strict 1000-year period, but an era wherein Christ will reign from heaven through His church over this present earth. Christ’s second coming will occur after (i.e. post) this “millennium.” This millennium will thus be brought about by the gradual spread of the gospel and the increased Christianization of the world. Here there is no future period of tribulation or apostasy but a steady increase in Christ’s influence and rule over the nations. Once this “golden era” of the church has come to an end, then Christ will return, usher in the final judgment and bring His church into eternal bliss on the new heaven and new earth.

Amillennialism

So, what now is Amillennialism? The term “Amillennialism” literally means “no millennialism” and intends to out-rightly deny the positions of both “pre” and “post” millennialism. Still, the term is somewhat misleading, for Amillennialists do believe in the 1000-year reign of Christ, but not in the literalistic manner of the others. Though there is some disagreement in minor details, proponents teach that the millennial reign of Christ began at His ascension into heaven and continues presently. Christ is currently King in heaven, and those who have died in the Lord currently rule together with Him. Satan is thus presently bound by the power of Christ so as not to deceive the nations with his lies any longer, as he had previously been allowed to do. To be sure, the Devil is still active and influential, but his previous dominance is curtailed for a time, namely for the “millennium.” This allows the gospel to spread to all nations and through it Christ powerfully gathers in the elect of His Father by the power of His Spirit.

The church during these “last days” remains, even while expanding, a suffering church, constantly afflicted by the devil, the unbelieving world, and internal strife. This affliction becomes greater toward the end of Christ’s millennium as Satan is “loosed” for a short time, the time when the spirit of the Antichrist and the Man of Lawlessness gain increasing authority. Following this temporary increase in Satan’s power and his persecution of the church, Christ will physically return on the clouds of heaven and put a permanent end to Satan and his allies. This will be the time of the final judgment when all of God’s enemies will be thrown into the burning lake of fire. At the same time, all of God’s elect will be gathered unto Himself to live forever with their God on the new heaven and the new earth.2

By and large Reformed churches have historically taken this “Amillennialist” position. Christ’s millennial reign is now, not future. This is the consistent teaching of the Bible clearly understood by the three ancient ecumenical creeds and as well the Reformed confessions (see for example, Belgic Confession, Art. 26,37; Heidelberg Catechism, Lord’s Day 1,18,19,22,48). 

1 The rapture has been popularized in a series of novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins called “The Left-Behind” series.  2 For a more comprehensive overview of the Millennialist views from a Reformed standpoint, see Tj. Boersma, “A Millenial Reign, But How?” in Clarion, Year-End Issue, 1999, p.585-588.

However, amillenialism is not the original teaching of the Church. The Scriptures teach a post tribulation rapture and a premillenial return of Christ. The earliest Christians taught that it is the earth and not heaven that is the final destiny of the believer. Here is a website that may be helpful.

Thank you  for your reply,I'm in for the premillenial:)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

by Rev. H. Holtvlüwer

Premillennialism

Postmillennialism

Amillennialism

Thank you  for your reply,I'm in for the premillenial:)

:thumbsup: