redroses42

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do you mean by memories? I know who Jesus is because I can recollect events, scripture and teachings about Him. I recollect a moment when I gave my life to Him, it's a memory. I remember things God has done in my life. Imagine, I wake in Heaven one day and there's this almighty being, with eyes like fire seated on a great white throne. Needless to say, I'd be terrified if I didn't remember who this being is, if I didn't remember what I'd learnt about this moment I'm now experiencing. 

Isaiah 65:17tells us, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Some interpret Isaiah 65:17 as saying that we will have no memory of our earthly lives in heaven. However, one verse earlier in Isaiah 65:16, the Bible says, “For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.” It is likely only our “past troubles” that will be forgotten – not all of our memories. Our memories will be cleansed, redeemed, healed, and restored – not erased. There is no reason why we could not possess many memories from our earthly lives. The memories that will be cleansed are the ones that involve sin, pain, and sadness.Revelation 21:4declares, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Some point to the story of Lazarus and the rich man (Luke 16:19-31) as proof that the dead remember their earthly lives. The rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus back to earth to warn the rich man’s brothers not to come to hell. So he remembered his relatives. He must have also remembered his own life of sin because he never asked to be released from hell, nor did he ask why he was there or claim there had been some kind of mistake. He remembered enough about his earthly life to know that he deserved hell. But this is no proof that those in heaven remember their earthly lives. The rich man’s remembrance was part of his misery. If we have memories in heaven, they will only be of things that will bring us joy.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Mark 12:25

"For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

What do you mean by memories? I know who Jesus is because I can recollect events, scripture and teachings about Him. I recollect a moment when I gave my life to Him, it's a memory. I remember things God has done in my life. Imagine, I wake in Heaven one day and there's this almighty being, with eyes like fire seated on a great white throne. Needless to say, I'd be terrified if I didn't remember who this being is, if I didn't remember what I'd learnt about this moment I'm now experiencing. 

Isaiah 65:17tells us, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Some interpret Isaiah 65:17 as saying that we will have no memory of our earthly lives in heaven. However, one verse earlier in Isaiah 65:16, the Bible says, “For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.” It is likely only our “past troubles” that will be forgotten – not all of our memories. Our memories will be cleansed, redeemed, healed, and restored – not erased. There is no reason why we could not possess many memories from our earthly lives. The memories that will be cleansed are the ones that involve sin, pain, and sadness.Revelation 21:4declares, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Some point to the story of Lazarus and the rich man (Luke 16:19-31) as proof that the dead remember their earthly lives. The rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus back to earth to warn the rich man’s brothers not to come to hell. So he remembered his relatives. He must have also remembered his own life of sin because he never asked to be released from hell, nor did he ask why he was there or claim there had been some kind of mistake. He remembered enough about his earthly life to know that he deserved hell. But this is no proof that those in heaven remember their earthly lives. The rich man’s remembrance was part of his misery. If we have memories in heaven, they will only be of things that will bring us joy.

very good I too see it this way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The story of Lazarus in Paradise and the rich man in sheol after death. The rich man recalls his brothers but Abraham also recalls that if they did not accept the Jewish teachings or Jesus they would not accept what Lazarus was saying -- they both recall.

Then you have Moses and Elijah on the mount talking to Jesus - they knew each other tho' we are not privy to what was discussed.

I am certain that God the Father who has many horses, one on which Jesus the Conquerer will come, will provide even our pets for us. He has said that eye has not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love Him. I think we limit the ability and love of God the Father for us when we limit what we will see and experience.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There will be responsibility in heaven so it matters how we live here on the earth. Praise God that we will be in a place of pure joy, peace and love in God's presence in heaven. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The story of Lazarus in Paradise and the rich man in sheol after death. The rich man recalls his brothers but Abraham also recalls that if they did not accept the Jewish teachings or Jesus they would not accept what Lazarus was saying -- they both recall.

Then you have Moses and Elijah on the mount talking to Jesus - they knew each other tho' we are not privy to what was discussed.

I am certain that God the Father who has many horses, one on which Jesus the Conquerer will come, will provide even our pets for us. He has said that eye has not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love Him. I think we limit the ability and love of God the Father for us when we limit what we will see and experience.

St. Matthew 10:29 - Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the gound without your Father.    (Yes, our heavenly Father does know when even only one sparrow falls to the ground, and  when they fall to the ground they have died)  

St. Luke 12:6 - Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and "not one fo them is forgotten before God."   (Yes, our Heavenly Father does not forget not even one of them, why? Because they are His? Did He not make all things? He doesn't forget any of His creation. It just said it in the scripture above. Before transgression in the Garden, animals knew no death, there is only "life" in God, and because of "Adams sin" death was brought on all. Well anyway, there is more detail to that in Roman 8:21 - Because the "creature" (animals) itself "also" shall be "delivered" from the bondage of corruption(death) (what dies and corrupts? bodies only) into the glorious liberty(we are free in Jesus) of the "children of God."   The "only ones" that needed redemption was "us," which was provided even before the world was created,(lamb slain before foundation of earth) innocent animals couldn't be accounted guilty, and they were even used as sacrifices to cover mans sins, until our true sacrifice, Jesus came and fulfilled our full redemption on His beautiful cross of life for our life. 

Also I wanted to share with you what Moses, Elijah, and Jesus talked about on the Mount,  Luke 9:30 & 31 - And, behold, there talked with him(Jesus) two men, which were Moses and Elijah:  Verse 31 - Who appeared in glory, and spoke of his(Jesus') decease(the cross) which he(Jesus) should "accomplish"(our salvation) at Jerusalem.   I really love the part where it says about the death of Jesus being "His acccomplishment," so amazing and awesome.  :D