Edify

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice.

Mountain climbing, especially without safety equipment is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but what is the real sin in overindulgence and habitual practice of that? However, I appreciate the point you're trying to make and I think we know much less about demons.  Blessings.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice.

Mountain climbing, especially without safety equipment is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but what is the real sin in overindulgence and habitual practice of that? However, I appreciate the point you're trying to make and I think we know much less about demons.  Blessings.

The sin in habitual climbing without safety gear might be suicide...teeheehee

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Blessings Everyone!

EndSeeker...Good one,love the pun?Am I the only one that got it,c'mon guys,,,that was funny-lol!

Anyway,Welcome to Worthy Edify & Praise & Glory to God...........it is very unfortunate in the way pastor Hagee has this very opinionated style of preaching......but I do not think it justifies anyone calling him "fat" even though it may seem the pot calling the kettle black,we are still accountable for our own actions & every word that proceeds from our mouth,,,,,

WE know,because Gods Word tells us"that there is sin in us(in our flesh)a sinful nature & there are many converts that will carry with them a flesh that is bound even though their spirit is free indeed,,,,there must be a transformation ,a renewing of the mind in order to be released physically from a sinful nature....is this demonic?Well,yes,,,,it is a demonic oppression,a spirit of addiction that still has its strong hold...........Jesus can & will deliver any Born again Christian that asks Him to & is ready to surrender to His Lordship...........A Christian smoker does not have to listen to the father of lies & must learn that if he resists the devil,he will flee    

Hagee is half right but I do think he can add much confusion to the mind of a new convert......so,we need to pray for pastor hagee ,may he receive Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy spirit & give Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Respectfully, Hagee is "the pot calling the kettle black"; not me.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; then it's a duck.  Stating the obvious that Hagee is overweight, is not disrespectful.  It's just a fact; not a judgment but one obvious way of demonstrating that he has no justification calling a smoker demon-possessed, any more than a Christian has the justification calling a fat person demon-possessed and it was doesn't mean we love him less as a brother either and of course we may pray for him or anyone.  However, if it makes you feel better, we can certainly say Hagee is quit slim compared to Sumo wrestlers. "C'mon guys,,,that was funny-lol!"  Except I'm not here for "funny" or puns.  I take God most seriously and only the Lord knows whether Hagee is doing more good or harm.  Blessings.

Thanks kwikphilly, yes a pun and i thought i'd lighten the mood, as i see this as a funny topic, although it is a concern hearing a pastor say that.. im sure he's a smart guy but in my input he's wrong on this, its not helping the lost and its not comforting to hear for a believer, especially if they been saved for years and just now heard that... doesn't make sense... smoking is a stress reliever and it tastes good after a meal.. its unhealthy sure but thats the extent of it a while back i heard a pastor say smoking isn't a sin it only gets you to heaven quicker ... nothing wrong with that looking at the world today, many people are ready for Jesus to come back already.. so we are still patient but its ok to slowly go to him by smoking.. which isn't the intention of course but a plus... which that is kinda funny i think... and also ... "There is a time for everything..." (Ecclesiastes 3) ..and we cant always be serious, hey even in Matthew 19:24 "its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God" ... thats hilarious, i get the meaning there but anyway back to the point... well that was pretty much it actually...

I don't care about John Hagee's weight or questions over whether he is being hypocritical.  I will just deal with the question that was asked.  I suppose it is possible that demonic spirits may whisper in your ear enticements to try that first cigarette.  In that way, I can see how they might be an influence, but I don't believe that a person who smokes automatically is possessed by a demon.  That sounds crazy coming from John Hagee, so I will try to look into it further.  What I would say is those who smoke are bound by a chemical addiction to nicotine.  That is what keeps people lighting up.  I don't believe there is any more mystery to it than that.  If someone wants to quit, or at least save their lungs, and they are having trouble, they might want to try those new e-cigarettes where you are only breathing in water vapor with nicotine, rather than smoke.  I am not sure if they are 100 percent safe, but I would imagine they are better than tobacco products. 

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them". Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)? Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat. However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

Can you provide any support for your claim John Hagee actually said that?  I have searched all over the internet, and can't find anything close.  The only thing I could find was him saying that anything that defiles your body like smoking, gluttony and tattoos are a sin.  He defined sin as coming short of God's standards.  My definition of sin is transgression of God's laws, which I believe is the true definition, but that is neither here nor there.  This is not an uncommon teaching.  I tend to agree with him about all three of those things.  There is Biblical support for it, but it comes down to how you interpret scripture.  Smoking is never addressed specifically, so to show it is wrong, you have to accept the notion it defiles your temple or body.  That is a matter of opinion.  I believe it does, but recognize others don't.  Gluttony can do the same thing, and it appears John Hagee is willing to make himself open to scorn by admitting this.  Just because he struggles with something, that doesn't mean he should cease to preach about it, to himself as well as to others.  Leviticus tells us not to print marks on our body, which a tattoo clearly does.  The controversy arises because some claim the marks spoken of are some type of idol worship, where I would say it is a tattoo, which is John Hagee's position.  But as far as saying all smokers have a demon or devil, I can't find it.  If you can show where he said that, I would love to look at it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings edify...

I do understand that you are very new to this Christian Forum & I do hope that you will soon discover that we are the Body of Christ,Children of the Most High God,,,,His Worthy Family,this is not some social networking forum where anybody just posts whatever they like & resorts to name calling,so it is not about how I feel about calling a person "fat"but the like mind of this community of believers.......And no,it would not make me feel better if you said pastor Hagee is quite slim in comparison to a Sumo wrestler,but it would be better as a representative of Christ Jesus to refrain from any comments that refer to someones weight or appearances

As far as the"pot calling the kettle black" you really should re-read it & perhaps you will be able to comprehend that the reference I was making was to pastor Hagee,,,,,your "him & not me "response was unecessary.......As a matter of fact,I cannot imagine what set you off into defense mode in the first place?"All I said was that I think his opinionated commentaries do not justify anyone calling him "fat"......never said you were judgemental or that you did not love him.or that you would not pray for him......I do hope in the future you can better "receive"that  it may produce good fruits

You have much to learn here,lesson number one........we encourage & extol one another here and reason together,we don't call people names & attack one another..........we also have fun & laugh together.;.....and take God VERY SERIOUSLY....in that when He tells us "it is not what goes in your mouth but what proceeds out of your mouth that makes you unclean"we take heed & are mindful not to call someone "fat"(fact or not)

God Bless you & enjoy your evenjng                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

So true Kwik........we have fun and laughter in here alright, we even have a Worthy joke room.  And the smoking thing......smoking will not keep you out of Heaven, it just might get you there sooner tho.  :lightbulb2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them". Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)? Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat. However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

This is the type of nonsense that turns people off.  

Interestingly, the Bible does not address smoking...but it does address gluttony.

Go figure.

I don't care about John Hagee's weight or questions over whether he is being hypocritical.  I will just deal with the question that was asked.  I suppose it is possible that demonic spirits may whisper in your ear enticements to try that first cigarette.  In that way, I can see how they might be an influence, but I don't believe that a person who smokes automatically is possessed by a demon.  That sounds crazy coming from John Hagee, so I will try to look into it further.  What I would say is those who smoke are bound by a chemical addiction to nicotine.  That is what keeps people lighting up.  I don't believe there is any more mystery to it than that.  If someone wants to quit, or at least save their lungs, and they are having trouble, they might want to try those new e-cigarettes where you are only breathing in water vapor with nicotine, rather than smoke.  I am not sure if they are 100 percent safe, but I would imagine they are better than tobacco products. 

Hi, smoking is brought on by peer pressure for the most part or sometimes by tragedy, stress and whatnot and possibly as you said, maybe demons help that process along too but trust me on this. Cigarettes do not taste good after a meal or anytime. When you learn to smoke, it makes you ill, nauseous and many puke a lot until the body finally gets used to having the foul taste of burning leaves crammed into the lungs and when someone says they enjoy smoking and/or like the taste; they’re merely trying to cover up what is damaging them spiritually IMO. And even if you’ve asked God to heal you from smoking, it might indeed be considered as a form of slow suicide which God may or may not accept under grace? Although some smokers live well into their 90’s which is neither here nor there and nicotine is not necessarily the main aspect of why smokers continue to smoke regardless of the obvious health consequences. The addiction’ of Smoking goes a lot deeper that. But that’s off topic and I’d really like to hear from someone who can find something in the bible which states when God created them too and whether or not they were created in addition to Satan to come against us helpless humans on earth and/or if the devil rules over them or if they operate independent from the devil and if they first originated in the heavenly realm and were cast out of heaven along with Satan and his fellow fallen angels or if God added demons to the earth after Satan was cast out?

With regard to proof of Hagee’s statements, you could try his website where it might be possible to view past sermons?  Blessings.

You have much to learn

So do you kwikphilly, as do all of us have a lot to learn, thank God and sorry sister, but I won’t be drawn into a Who’s judging Who’ contest with you. That’s not the topic and if you don’t like my choice of words, then you have pierced yourself into choosing me as someone to antagonize for no reason whatsoever. Nor will I be lorded over by you in any way in this forum, in person or anywhere. Yours and my limited understanding of God is no more or less than anyone else’s in the scheme of things. ;) Remember, all man’s wisdom is less than God’s foolishness. If you can’t accept that, then please just don’t reply to any of my postings as I have no desire to quarrel with you or anyone over semantics. Just stick to the Topics and you’ll be fine. As for funny and puns’, you might also want to keep in mind James 4:9?

Edited by Edify