IGNORED

Smokers have a demon?

Edify

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice. Addiction is certainly not a good thing, and it would not be surprising if there were some demonic influence in some of the addiction problems people have. It seems very easy, however, for some preachers to find demons in nearly everything! Demons are real and a serious subject, and the worst thing about such statements is that it causes people to either fear what is not there, or to ridicule Christians as a whole because of the lack of wisdom of a few. 

So you do not drink coffee and never have a drink?You must not have any weaknesses.You must be perfect.If people would focus more on Jesus Christ and not give the demons any importance at all our world would be a better place.

Nobody has ever shown drinking coffee is bad for you.  There have been numerous studies done on it, and the most recent show it actually has a positive effect as an anti-oxidant and in some studies, it has been shown to reduce getting allzhymers disease.  The same thing goes for having an occasional glass of wine.  It has been shown to reduce heart disease.  Both of these things are food products.  Cigarettes serve no good purpose.  Your body wasn't created to be filled with smoke.  Your lungs weren't created for that. 

There was a legitimate question asked here, not counting the accusations towards John Hagee, about the sinfulness of smoking and a connection with demons.  I agree with John Hagee's conclusions that smoking is a sin in that it defiles and destroys your temple, however, I fully acknowledge this is just an opinion, and if others disagree, that is their prerogative.  Satan would love it if we ignored him and demons entirely.  That ignorance makes it easier for him to destroy people through temptations. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice. Addiction is certainly not a good thing, and it would not be surprising if there were some demonic influence in some of the addiction problems people have. It seems very easy, however, for some preachers to find demons in nearly everything! Demons are real and a serious subject, and the worst thing about such statements is that it causes people to either fear what is not there, or to ridicule Christians as a whole because of the lack of wisdom of a few. 

So you do not drink coffee and never have a drink?You must not have any weaknesses.You must be perfect.If people would focus more on Jesus Christ and not give the demons any importance at all our world would be a better place.

Nobody has ever shown drinking coffee is bad for you.  There have been numerous studies done on it, and the most recent show it actually has a positive effect as an anti-oxidant and in some studies, it has been shown to reduce getting allzhymers disease.  The same thing goes for having an occasional glass of wine.  It has been shown to reduce heart disease.  Both of these things are food products.  Cigarettes serve no good purpose.  Your body wasn't created to be filled with smoke.  Your lungs weren't created for that. 

There was a legitimate question asked here, not counting the accusations towards John Hagee, about the sinfulness of smoking and a connection with demons.  I agree with John Hagee's conclusions that smoking is a sin in that it defiles and destroys your temple, however, I fully acknowledge this is just an opinion, and if others disagree, that is their prerogative.  Satan would love it if we ignored him and demons entirely.  That ignorance makes it easier for him to destroy people through temptations. 

Caffeine is a drug...period.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most things we eat and drink have some chemicals in them that could be considered drugs...

My doctor did a lab experiment when she was in Med School where they had to do the same kinds of tests that you would have to do to get Chocolate sold.....   according to her it would be a class three drug similar to most narcotics and might even be completely banned altogether.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just a note, during the 30 years I smoked I had very little trouble with Asthma.....   asthma nearly killed me several times after I stopped smoking.....   and I still take expensive drugs to keep it controlled......       I simply don't want to die from lung cancer..   It's been over 20 years since I lit up that last one.  Between quitting and the high levels of arsenic and selenium in my system from work, I might get to skip out on the cancer thing .....    lungs still clean at 67

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I Corinthians 6

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

So is aspirin, but that doesn't make it harmful.