IGNORED

Hello. I am freaked out that i commited the unforgivable sin!

kirbyplayers

Guest shiloh357

Well, i almost commited the unforgivable sin. Like I after i did that i had no regrets until i decided to come back to jesus, even though i think i am unforgivable! I had such anger in my heart at the time, and then i decided to turn back to god and jesus! I don't think god pulled me back towards him. Will he accept me again?

He was willing to accept you back long before you asked.

You did not commit the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  That sin is rooted in unbelief and the only people in the Bible who committed that sin were unbelievers.  The Bible doesn't mention any Christians who committed that sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

yeah....we make things difficult for ourselves, don't we.....

Yes, Jesus will take you back but you may feel the sting of your rebellion for a while.

God bless you

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So even if a person hates and denies the holy spirit with all their heart, and have a hard heart towards the lord, if they come back to the lord jesus, they are no longer guilty of the unforgivable sin right?

Guest shiloh357

So even if a person hates and denies the holy spirit with all their heart, and have a hard heart towards the lord, if they come back to the lord jesus, they are no longer guilty of the unforgivable sin right?

What needs to be understood is that the unforgivable sin is unforgivable because the person who commits the sin does so from an unrepentant heart.

Blasphemy is the religious version of slander and it is directed at God.  Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an attempt to injure His reputation, to slander Him.  The person who does this does so from a state of determined unrepentance.  They have no remorse for what they have done.  If you had blashemed the Holy Spirit, you would not care.

The reason it is unforgivable is because the person who commits that sin will not come to Jesus for forgiveness.  It stems from a conscious, determined and peristent hatred of God and in many cases, a person who commits this sin is irretrievably wicked.  It is so bad, that it is not merely case of them not wanting to repent;  they simply cannot repent.  Their heart is so hardened and so deaf to the voice of God, they cannot repent.

So the fact that you are remorseful and repentant and want things to be right between you and God is evidence that you have not committed that sin. 

What I think a lot of people misunderstand about this sin  is that when they think of it as being "unforgivable,"  they think that it is a sin that is so heinous that not even God can find it in himself to forgive it. and that is simply not the case.   There is no sin you can commit that the blood of Jesus was not shed for.  His blood covers EVERYTHING.

This ^^^ (above post)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, thanks, but if that person is unrepentant, how is it impossible to change his mind?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I agree with Shiloh. Remember King David? He coveted another man's wife, committed adultry, had her husband killed so he could marry her, and still did not repent. It was nearly a year later after Bathsheba had David's baby that the prophet Nathan came and showed him his sins. David finally repented then, and when he did he not only changed his mind about how bad it was, he really changed his ways. But he really paid the consequenses for his sin. You can read the story in 2 Samuel 11-12. Still, God called David a man after his own heart because he took all the punishment knowing he deserved it, and because he returned to the Lord with all his heart.

Ask for a Bible and start reading the New Testament in Matthew to Revelation, and then read the Psalms, many of which David wrote. You need to fill yourself with God's word. "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee". Jesus needs to be your Lord, which means you need to obey the Holy Spirit with all your heart. He wants what is best for you and you need to trust Him enough to obey Him.

In Hebrews 12:5 NASV He says, My SON, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; for those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and HE scourages every son whom He receives. If you endure discipline, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which all have becaome partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Furthermore, we have had earthly fathers who corrected us, and we respected them;. Shall we not much more readily be subject to the the the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we might share in His holiness.

Blessings,

Willa

You said that you had sinned. So you know that it was wrong but you are not sorry? That was how David was till the prophet spoke to him.. Then he saw how evil he had been and was humbled. God will keep working on your heart till you agree fully with Him. But if you continue to harden your heart against His speaking to you and resist Him till your death, you are in real trouble. All sin seperates us from God. You cannot have fellowship with Him until you cry out to Him to come into your life and change your attitudes and make you like Jesus. God resists the proud but gives grace (underserved favor) to the humble.

Okay, thanks, but if that person is unrepentant, how is it impossible to change his mind?

Say what?  Forgive me, but I am getting a little confused here...kindly either reword, or perhaps someone understands what you are getting at better than I do

Don't mind posting further, but I just do not quite undetrstand what appears to me as the same question asked different ways...thanks

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Because God gave us free will and will never force a person to change their mind. He wants it to be our choice. He did not create us to be robots / slaves. You want to be back in God's favour so you can be.